5,598,233 Members 47,153 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Supreme Sense v-XII [2.1+3.0] [Custom Kernel][Updated 9/07/12]

Tip us?

hamagc
Old
(Last edited by hamagc; 10th March 2012 at 10:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 61
ok had a hell of a time with a2sd using the touch cwm recovery, could not get it to work right. wipes/formatted/installed a2sd version over and over and could not get my apps to move to sd, could not get sd-ext to mount (1024mb, ext4), resized and re-partitioned sd a few times with and without swap.

finally after thinking about what i'm doing wrong for a day, i decided to flash non-touch cwm again, wiped, flashed, and poof, apps on sd-ext.

anyone able to get a2sd version working with touch cwm? anyone with similar issues?

edit: also to add i was able to see sd-ext via quick system info, but titanium would not show it.
Model: Samsung Galaxy S3
ROM: changing all the time right now

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6204
I had the similar issue with flashing a Rom with A2SD on the new CWM Touch at first. I did almost the same thing. Except once I had the Rom up and running. I used Rom Manager to update back to CWM Touch. Have not had an issue since.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11
The Following User Says Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

galaara98
Old
(Last edited by galaara98; 13th March 2012 at 12:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 131

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamagc View Post
ok had a hell of a time with a2sd using the touch cwm recovery, could not get it to work right. wipes/formatted/installed a2sd version over and over and could not get my apps to move to sd, could not get sd-ext to mount (1024mb, ext4), resized and re-partitioned sd a few times with and without swap.

finally after thinking about what i'm doing wrong for a day, i decided to flash non-touch cwm again, wiped, flashed, and poof, apps on sd-ext.

anyone able to get a2sd version working with touch cwm? anyone with similar issues?

edit: also to add i was able to see sd-ext via quick system info, but titanium would not show it.
I use cwmr touch, 9.1 a2sd, dodge 1.6 ext4 (adapted to format sd-ext to ext4) absolutely no issues.. running smooth as melted butter. backups, restores, cleaning caches, everything is working for me.
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't.

2b | !2b = 2b ... duh

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6204
CWM Touch is now working perfectly for me. At first I did have one issue with it. But it only happened once when flashing. It wouldn't recognize my partition. But after that, multiple flashes. Not one issue .

notsointeresting
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1931

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969 View Post
CWM Touch is now working perfectly for me. At first I did have one issue with it. But it only happened once when flashing. It wouldn't recognize my partition. But after that, multiple flashes. Not one issue .
Too bad you guys don't have a fully functional TWRP 2.0, CWM Touch, is just eh..not really optimized for touch interface, but I guess it's better than using volume buttons

Follow me on Google+
Follow me on Twitter

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6204
Yea I was all excited about TWRP v2.0 Touch. But when I tried it, I had some major issues come up. So that kind of soured it for me . But on the upside CWM Touch is treating me good .

galaara98
Old
(Last edited by galaara98; 14th March 2012 at 03:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 131

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsointeresting View Post
Too bad you guys don't have a fully functional TWRP 2.0, CWM Touch, is just eh..not really optimized for touch interface, but I guess it's better than using volume buttons
yeah I had install issues immediately with even TWRP 1.0 .. most people seemed OK with all 1.x. I'm sure in that particular case its my phone doesn't handle..like difference in oc tolerance. I say that because a good number of folks have been perfectly happy with 2.0
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't.

2b | !2b = 2b ... duh

notsointeresting
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1931

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaara98 View Post
yeah I had install issues immediately with even TWRP 1.0 .. most people seemed OK with all 1.x. I'm sure in that particular case its my phone doesn't handle..like difference in oc tolerance. I say that because a good number of folks have been perfectly happy with 2.0
Yea, I couldn't get TWRP 2.0 to work for the life of me on the Shift, so that was a bummer, but like you said some people use it just fine . Then when I started using the OG EVO I was happy to flash TWRP 2.0...and in their OP it says in red "Do not flash, has been known to cause device bricks" lol.

With the 3D, though you kindof need TWRP 2.0, because of HTC's damn unlock tool

Follow me on Google+
Follow me on Twitter

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6204
Not a fan of the HTC Unlock tool . They crawfished on everyone with that.

smithdl1191
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quick question guys, I've been running SS9 for a while now, and randomly yesterday my lock screen stopped working. I had to slide out the keyboard to get the phone to unlock itself. I went to customize the lock screen and the weather style was gone, which was what I had been using. I changed it to the standard unlock screen and it works again. Anyone know why the weather screen randomly disappeared from my phone?