Exhibit II 4G discussion areas

Since we don't have a forum we've centralized at the links below:

Exhibit II 4g discussion HERE
Exhibit II 4g dev thread HERE
Exhibit II 4g Wiki HERE
21st February 2012, 02:20 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
All thought the exhibit out-specs the triumph in some departments the triumph has ALOT more custom ROMS.We have MIUI based on android 2.3 and cm7 and th devs are working on MIUI v4 and cm9 in the works,not to mention alot other smaller ROMS
21st February 2012, 03:32 AM   |  #13  
Flag Spokane Valley, WA
Thanks Meter: 46

176 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoTriu

All thought the exhibit out-specs the triumph in some departments the triumph has ALOT more custom ROMS.We have MIUI based on android 2.3 and cm7 and th devs are working on MIUI v4 and cm9 in the works,not to mention alot other smaller ROMS

Actually it under specs the MT in most departments. The only thing that it has over the MT is 4g and maybe less hardware bugs. If you want an alternate get any post paid T-mobile phone and get a prepaid activation kit activate it online and choose the $30 plan. There are plenty of dual core 4g phone's that you can get for fairly cheap used or new on ebay, amazon, or craigslist.
27th February 2012, 05:38 AM   |  #14  
Flag Cornfield,IL
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
good deal as a backup plan, but I'm still at grandfathered prices so still happy and comfy with my triumph and service
2nd March 2012, 10:43 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 48

340 posts
More
I would rather get a Galaxy S 4G in good condition for that much $$...

Triumph is probably the best bang for buck as far as the spec/features you get. Only thing is they skimped on the hardware quality, so it's a crap shoot whether it'll be a lemon or not.
6th March 2012, 02:55 PM   |  #16  
Flag Watertown, NY
Thanks Meter: 223

1,190 posts
More
I may be the only one, but I'm going to stick with Virgin because of their awesome customer service. Yes, you may have to speak to several thickly accented indians before you are speaking to the right person, but once you are, they are really helpful usually. My old triumph broke (think it was overheating, but not sure; bought it used), and after telling them it wouldn't turn on, they agreed to send me a refurb. After waiting 5 days to get the refurb (they told me they would overnight it), I got a month of service for free. Not sure how good T-Mobile is.

Also, the plan is much MUCH better on Virgin. I can go over 300 minutes a month without being forced to permanently change plans. The $30/month gives you 100 minutes and unless you change plans to a much more expensive plan, you cannot get more. And if you change to the more expensive plan, you are not allowed to revert to the $30/month plan unless you buy a new SIM card. Pretty ridiculous.
9th March 2012, 03:08 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 31

291 posts
I'm kinda confuse too. I have my triumph since September, paying $25 a month and can't really complain. But Most of the time when I'm home, people keep saying that they can't call me even my phone is on.
I also having a TM samsung vibrant right now that is not in use. I am thinking about going for that $30 plan and have better services. ( If it announced before I bought my triumph I may not be here lol )
9th March 2012, 08:57 PM   |  #18  
Flag Watertown, NY
Thanks Meter: 223

1,190 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary93

I'm kinda confuse too. I have my triumph since September, paying $25 a month and can't really complain. But Most of the time when I'm home, people keep saying that they can't call me even my phone is on.
I also having a TM samsung vibrant right now that is not in use. I am thinking about going for that $30 plan and have better services. ( If it announced before I bought my triumph I may not be here lol )

Just so you're aware, being on Tmobile will not give you better service (necessarily). Your signal depends on where you live. For example, where I currently am, Tmobile has no signal, but Sprint/VM has an awesome signal. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe Sprint has a larger network than Tmobile. Can anyone else verify?
10th March 2012, 12:15 AM   |  #19  
Flag Spokane Valley, WA
Thanks Meter: 46

176 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxBrun0xx

Just so you're aware, being on Tmobile will not give you better service (necessarily). Your signal depends on where you live. For example, where I currently am, Tmobile has no signal, but Sprint/VM has an awesome signal. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe Sprint has a larger network than Tmobile. Can anyone else verify?

well T-MO is the smallest of the 4 networks so I would assume that would mean they have a smaller network. Although where I am I get a almost perfect signal with T-MO and got hardly any signal with VM. The best thing that you could do would be to check coverage maps... (although the VM map for my area says I'm in a good signal area...)
14th March 2012, 07:19 PM   |  #20  
Flag West Haven
Thanks Meter: 25

142 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just a thought but does anyone else really feel that in this day and age with TuneIn and numerous other internet radio apps that having an fm tuner in your phone is a major plus selling point. With modern technology almost seems to be a solution to a non-existent problem, Oh well just my thought for the day, Clint

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread