Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,463 Members 39,751 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Extended Battery Mugan Power 3600 mAh

Tip us?

HewettBR
Old
Thanks Meter 124

DONATE TO ME
yeah the 1800 wouldnt have been enough for me, but the stock cover would have been nice

Jurai
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged92781 View Post
I have the 1800mAh battery in my Sidekick. It was just the bump that my device needed. I can go a full day easily doing what I need to do. I'm running Glorious Overdose V1 as my ROM and am using K9 Email with IMAP IDLE enabled which is a battery hog IMO but I need my push email. The nice things about the 1800 versus the larger batteries are a lower price and it fits inside the stock cover.
which 1800 did you purchase? the Mugen or a generic?

bugyika
Old
Thanks Meter 4
IMO don't buy that bulky battery just install the new rubix xcel rom for the phone make a battery calibration than lower the brightness and voila your battery last much longer.

khaldood
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the mugen power 3600 mah battery in my phone. Probably the best investment i've ever made since the 2400 mah battery on my old G1. It lasts me through the ENTIRE day on 3G (I never saw the 4G icon btw. probably because of where i live)

I leave for work at around 8AM, drive to college at 4PM, and drive back home at 8PM. on all trips (30-45 mins), I listen to online MP3 streams on 3G. At work and college, I check twitter, gtalk, G+ messenger, email, and some light browsing.

i hit 15% battery at around 1 AM or so. I never felt so careless about charging my phone :P

EDIT: also, the fat battery cover makes the phone feel far more ergonomic than with the stock battery cover. the size feels just natural for my hands.

HewettBR
Old
Thanks Meter 124

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaldood View Post
I have the mugen power 3600 mah battery in my phone. Probably the best investment i've ever made since the 2400 mah battery on my old G1. It lasts me through the ENTIRE day on 3G (I never saw the 4G icon btw. probably because of where i live)

I leave for work at around 8AM, drive to college at 4PM, and drive back home at 8PM. on all trips (30-45 mins), I listen to online MP3 streams on 3G. At work and college, I check twitter, gtalk, G+ messenger, email, and some light browsing.

i hit 15% battery at around 1 AM or so. I never felt so careless about charging my phone :P

EDIT: also, the fat battery cover makes the phone feel far more ergonomic than with the stock battery cover. the size feels just natural for my hands.

i know only use mine on weekend trips, day to day i use the stock batt at the office because its plugged into the computer anyhow

yogi2010
Old
(Last edited by yogi2010; 18th June 2012 at 06:51 PM.)
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 320
anyone who has the 1800 mah battery, which one did you buy? i bought replacement batteries off ebay, they were super cheap- 2 1800 mah batteries plus external charger for 11 bucks. if i charge em up in the external charger and put em in the device they work fine, but anytime i try to plug the phone in, either to a wall charger or usb, the phone goes dead... completely dead, and i have to unplug, pull the battery and reboot. has anyone experienced this? i guess i got what i paid for

edit: i'm guessing people got the Mugen 1800, i see it now on ebay for around $44.

sevenslugs
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I changed to the new rage 3.6 time and my battery lasts twice as long

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2

theUsualSuspexx
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi2010 View Post
anyone who has the 1800 mah battery, which one did you buy? i bought replacement batteries off ebay, they were super cheap- 2 1800 mah batteries plus external charger for 11 bucks. if i charge em up in the external charger and put em in the device they work fine, but anytime i try to plug the phone in, either to a wall charger or usb, the phone goes dead... completely dead, and i have to unplug, pull the battery and reboot. has anyone experienced this? i guess i got what i paid for

edit: i'm guessing people got the Mugen 1800, i see it now on ebay for around $44.
Hey yogi hows the battery life on those cheapo 1800s u got? I gotta do something cuz stock lasts me maybe 6hrs tops, normally 4ish and that's with me using two diff s2 as my primary phone. my s2's get an ez 3x the battery life then the sk and all i do on it is text lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

yogi2010
Old
(Last edited by yogi2010; 1st July 2012 at 05:44 PM.)
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by theUsualSuspexx View Post
Hey yogi hows the battery life on those cheapo 1800s u got? I gotta do something cuz stock lasts me maybe 6hrs tops, normally 4ish and that's with me using two diff s2 as my primary phone. my s2's get an ez 3x the battery life then the sk and all i do on it is text lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App
Don't get em, haha. The battery life on them seemed even less than the stock 1500 mah! Plus the flaw I mentioned about the phone shutting down when plugged in with those batteries. I've had some good luck at times with cheap replacement batteries, but that particular set was a real flop. For reference, I think it was $8.99 for 3 batteries + ext. charger.... avoid!
The Following User Says Thank You to yogi2010 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SammaelAkuma
Old
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
Seems like a good investment if you tend to use your device like a computer. But for me, it'd be pointless.