Android 4.0.X for Streak7 [WIP] [CM9][TEMP CLOSED]

Search This thread

cdzo72

Hi. I have a question. Does this rom is for Steark 7 or also 3G models only Wifi.?

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using XDA Premium App

It's for any Streak 7 but you will lose your data connectivity, in other words only the wifi works for now but giveen and DJ Steve are doing their best to rememdy that, little reading of the thread would have told ya that

Reactions: niuniek24w

Tynen

Aug 17, 2009
Kirkland, WA
Thanks so much! Flashing it now. :)

Just in case anyone was wondering how to get into NVflash mode on the Dell Streak 7 you do this:
Turn the device off
Unplug from computer
Hold both volume keys and power for 8 seconds
Touch buttons should light up

done :)

Last edited:
Reactions: rjglenn

niuniek24w

Jan 6, 2012
Przemyśl,Subcarpation
It's for any Streak 7 but you will lose your data connectivity, in other words only the wifi works for now but giveen and DJ Steve are doing their best to rememdy that, little reading of the thread would have told ya that

Thank you, my good man:). I still have a few questions. Does this rom is stable enough to use it every day? If something wrong with him was the only way to return to the original HC is the method of nvflash? Poorly know English and there a lot of reading:eek:. Thank you again.:D

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
Thank you, my good man:). I still have a few questions. Does this rom is stable enough to use it every day? If something wrong with him was the only way to return to the original HC is the method of nvflash? Poorly know English and there a lot of reading:eek:. Thank you again.:D
Well, it comes rooted with the ClockWorkMod installed which has a backup/restore function, sooooooooo one "might" be able to restore a previous saved backup using CWM from your HC build. I have one from my HC build but "my" issue is that the backup from ICS beta4 fails to complete. Seeing that, will it also fail to restore??? Otherwise you'd have to NVflash back. I was hoping to flip back/forth.

I must add that I just found out the the CWM came preinstalled and I installed it afterwards. Not sure if that's my problem or maybe the preinstalled version is different.

artin1993

Oct 30, 2008
Ah, ok, I understand ;] Shame on you Dell :p

So these drivers are unique for each android tablet? My first thought was to "borrow" them from streak 5...

artin1993

Oct 30, 2008
Font in Opera mobile looks like Curier font from windows. I know I have to replace roboto font but don't know with what? Any tips?

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for any damage or problems caused to your device or yourself by flashing this BETA build.
    This is known not to be fully retail quality software and therefore is expected to have bugs and problems

The Team
    snargledorf - Kernel/Research/Developer
    Giveen - Kernel/Research/Noob/PR/Developer
    DJ_Steve - ROM/Kernel/Developer

Info:
    Android 4.0.4
    Kernel: 2.6.36.3

GPL stuff:
    https://github.com/Team-Streak

Working
    Code:
    Wifi
    GApps
    Audio
    Touchscreen
    Superuser
    Rotation Sensors
    Capacitive buttons
    GPU Accleration
    GPS
    ADB

Not Working
    Code:
    3G/4G Radios
    Camera

If you have a rooted HC on stock partition you can use this .zip for CWR that TheManii put together
    http://d-h.st/xn6

DJ_Steve = for all your hardwork in this project, without you, it wouldn't have been done.
    Rayman
    Cyanogenmod

TO DO
    Camera
    Radios

13z1xz5.jpg

So I've made a little bit of progress.

Working:
    Wifi (new)
    Internal and external sd cards (new)
    Touchscreen

Broken:
    Bluetooth
    3G? (Not sure since I have a wifi only streak, but I am almost positive it is)
    Locking/sleeping (Still causes the device to reboot)
    Screen rotation

Things to-do (In order of priority):
    1. Fix reboots
    2. Fix bluetooth
    3. Fix screen rotation
    4. Anything else I find

Still not ready to send out test builds because of the reboots. Once I get those squared away I will probably start working with Giveen and Manii on a release ready alpha build.
    snargledorf is the man....
    AyBMSZwCQAA62a-.jpg
    So I'm going to ask the same question as the others have, is the camera issue still being worked on or has that been given up on until Dell releases some development parts? I can handle lag and I'm on wifi only so the 3g/4g radios is no problem but the camera part is a deal killer for me. I use the camera, at least the front one, to talk to my family. Has anyone tried to enlist the help of droidhive? Those guys had ICS on the razor and the bionic working fully before moto released anything. Not trying to get in the way our tell you how to do anything, just looking to find you some help.

Sent from a Hacked, Modded and customized Streak 7

I actually have made some huge progress on the camera HAL. For the longest time we got "cannot connect to camera" and in the logcat I would see "cannot locate camera HAL" but I am no longer seeing this as I work toward camera working.

I actually get camera app up and running but just see a black screen.
    only reason it says betelgeues as device is thats the market id its using as im using a heavily modded device tree based off that one otherwise its custom