*** Disclaimer: I, nor TeamKang, nor anyone but YOU is responsible for what you flash or do to your tablet!
This is based on TeamKang's AOKP - Build 33 (Android 4.0.4).
Thanks to Romanbb and TeamKang for putting together this awesome rom.
Thanks to the CyanogenMod team for all they do.
Thanks to BuzzBumbleBee for the initial device tree for the Prime (I made a lot of changes to this)
Thanks to konrad1337 and sportsstar89 for sharing all of their fixes to the original Transformer! I couldn't have done this without them!
Thanks to _motley for his awesome kernel and for just being a good guy!
Thanks to youngnex for giving me a better solution to the CRT animation issue.
I hope I didn't forget anyone but if I did, PM me and I'll add you.
I have added in a few of the Asus widgets and applications like:
-Email Widget and Email client
-MyWater Live Wallpaper
-Maybe more that I forgot...
Settings-->Rom Control-->General-->Uncheck Show IME and reboot.
No Super IPS mode (See dalingrin's quote below)
Originally Posted by dalingrin
All this bickering about IPS+....
Its a gimmick, folks. All Asus does is artificially limit the backlight if IPS+ is disabled.
AOKP and CM9 already support all the same brightness levels and "IPS+" that stock has. The only difference is we don't limit the brightness slider. In other words, if you move the brightness slider all the way to the right in CM9 or AOKP then it is exactly the same as turning on IPS+ and moving the slider all the way to the right in stock. There's no special mode or anything like that, the panel is just especially bright.
Originally Posted by jermaine151
Okay, here's the deal on some of the Asus apps (FileManager2.apk, MyZine.apk, etc). They're looking for a method in the Asus stock rom that is not there: android.os.Environment.getEpadInternalStoragePubli cDirectory
I'm not sure how I'll be able to get around this.
Make sure you're on the latest TWRP or CWM recovery
MAKE A NANDROID
wipe data/factory reset in recovery
If you're installing a new build without wiping, you STILL need to reflash gapps right after flashing the build!!!
On a side note: Folks, please don't PM me questions like "how do I flash this?" or "help! It won't boot!". Those questions belong in this thread. That allows other people to help you and keeps me from having to answer the same question repeatedly. My PMs are for development questions and sharing as well as for contacting testers.
Added dock battery to notification area (Thanks CyanogenMod Team!) WIP. It may be slow to detect docked/undocked states.
Reverted TeamKang's navigation bar changes to resolve SystemUI FC (You can't add apps to the navigation bar)
Fixed the navigation button glow overlays to be the right size until fixed upstream.
Using stock Asus .21 kernel (Default 1.5GHz see OC steps here.)
Changed device model to "Transformer Prime TF201" by popular demand.
Enabled Settings-->Dock Settings
Updated to AOKP build 33. Upstream changelog:
- Bluetooth: Fixed memory leak and file handles leak
- Nav bar & tablet status bar FCs fixed (This is not fixed and that's why I reverted it)
- Fixed some init.d scripts not running due to lack of bash
- Changing brightness by sliding on the top of the statusbar (if enabled) shouldn’t FC anymore
- Fixed Data toggle not updating properly
- Torch should be acting normally again
- ROM Control: Fixed scrolling cache not setting properly
- Weather will refresh whenever SystemUI starts instead of when the phone boots (so if it gets restarted, it should fetch weather again, it didn’t before)
- Lockscrens: Added lockscreen wallpapers to pin & pattern unlock screens
- Settings: fixed link mute states always being checked
supersonic: Updated files (thanks to evervolv), should boot! I’ve also included a “camera hack” so it should work, Video camera will FC, so will panorama mode. It is what it is
- Added another ROM Control shortcut that opens ROM Control
- Added ability to translate weather conditions (only German is translated for now I think)
- Mms: added ability to strip unicode (CM)
- Mms: added emoji icons (CM)
- Mms: added quick emoji button to left of input (option you must enable)
- Added warnings to fast charge (will notify you if it’s enabled on boot)
- Hide navbar feature for tablets
- More music players supported for AVRCP 1.3
Version 1.2 Changelog:
Back to the Asus stock .21 kernel by default
Fixed UK keyboard layout
Updated to AOKP build 32. Upstream changelog:
- Fix NavBar showing up in landscape lockscreen
- Fix long-press resetting custom NavBar icons
- Fix incorrect bluetooth address on some devices
- Fix lockscreen events showing up 1 day before
- Fix quickunlock not allowing passwords longer than 8 chars
- Fix centered clock not showing the correct time
- Other small fixes
- Camera: Pinch and Volume Zoom (CyanogenMod, Whitehawkx)
- General UI: Customizable rotation delay is back! (roman)
- Bluetooth: AVRCP 1.3+ support (CyanogenMod, MarcLandis)
- Lockscreen/NavBar: Allow shortcuts to specify their own icons
- NavBar: Allow tablets to use “hide NavBar” feature (Zaphod-Beeble)
- NavBar: Custom NavBar is now available for tablets as well! (Zaphod-Beeble)
- NavBar: Customizable glow color (roman)
- Quiet Hours: Configure the hours your device should be quiet and/or still (sethyx and thanks to CyanogenMod)
- Statusbar: Added ability to WeatherPanel to start a custom app (MarcLandis)
- Statusbar: Added ability to hide signal bars (hillbillyhacker)
- Statusbar: Customizable font size (Zaphod-Beeble)
- Statusbar: Customizable icon transparency (sethyx)
aries (this is all Galaxy S devices): added fast charge toggle
p1c: WiFi should work properly
Wipe strongly recommended
Version 1.12 Changelog:
Fixed graphical glitches caused by framework changes
Version 1.11 Changelog:
Fixed Titanium Backup crash
Version 1.1 Changelog:
SD, microSD, USB, NTFS. exFAT automounts and should work with Motley v2.4 as well
OI file manager baked in
Sync'd to AOKP build 31. Upstream changelog:
Fixed long pressing home button not working on capacitive buttons
Fixed FC when clearing market data through the LCD density changer in RC
Fixed lockscreen icons not setting properly
Fixed devices not having MTP checked by default (for Galaxy Nexus amongst others)
Fixed battery bar showing incorrect battery percentages and not showing in the proper orientation
Fixed Calendar FC in ROM Control
Added donate link for Khas Mek (you should really click this)
Changed back to stock framework animation speed as the faster ones weren't properly configured and made things "stutter"
p4: devices: updates from pershoot (includes new kernel and fixes)
p1c: should work without any special fixes from KhasMek now!
supersonic: ProTekk says it's fixed for b31. Blame him if it isn't
vibrantmtd: fixed 911 issue/call issues (merged from CM)
aries: (this is all Galaxy S devices) merged bigRAM
vivow: FFC should be proper orientation
g2x/o2x: camera should be fixed
Usual install instructions apply.
Version 1.0 Changelog:
Android 4.0.4 (First for the Prime!)
Based on AOKP build 29
Keyboard Dock Soft keys
Lid Close = Sleep
Lid Open = Wake
Full sized SD
USB storage and devices
YouTube is baked in
Storage changed from being in /mnt folder to /Removable folder
Motley's 1.8GHz kernel (1.6GHz or mode 3 by default, change mode in /etc/init.d/cpu_overclock for faster: 4 = 1.7GHz, 5 = 1.8GHz)
Logitech Gamepad support
I really don't care about GPS since Asus doesn't
More I probably forgot....
Updated the proprietary files to 220.127.116.11
Updated the kernel to the 18.104.22.168 stock kernel (Overclock script from mods is still needed for 1.6GHz)
CPU @ 1.3GHz default (To overclock see mods below)
Added Asus soft keyboard and languages
Dock battery will show in Asus battery widget (You might have to reboot or un-dock/re-dock the first time) (Thanks Sportsstar89)
USB Mice/Keyboards/Storage all work (Thanks paulburton)
External MicroSD cards should work (I don't have one so test for me please) (Thanks paulburton)
Opening lid will wake/unlock tablet
Mouse pointer is the arrow with gesture mode still enabled (separates to multiple arrows during a gesture)
Good work man! We recently put out a build for this on the Galaxy 8.9. Fun stuff.
Nexus 4 (my custom kernel for the 4 click here)
Nexus 7 (my custom kernel for the 7 click here) -Thx to fordwolden, the most generous guy on XDA!
Transformer Prime (my custom kernel for the Prime click here)
Always have your stuff when you need it with Dropbox. 2GB account is free! Use this LINK and you and I both get 500MB extra free
Despite introducing many useful features and overall great performance and enhancements,Android 4.4 KitKat … more
01 Sep 2014
By Tomek Kondrat
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?