App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Answer to SU problems on CM7???

13th March 2012, 06:12 PM   |  #21  
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 494

448 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowend

Kind of random but Moon, you are a goddamn machine. The moment something great releases you take it apart and make it better. Good **** man, good ****.

Ummm, thanks... But, I haven't made this better. I just want this to work well with cm7dx2...
14th March 2012, 07:28 PM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,399

4,829 posts
More
Just reporting that I am still using this app and every root app I use works perfectly fine with no freeze ups. Until today, I kept superuser on my phone because everything worked fine with both installed and I didnt want to mess anything up. I just got tired of seeing the superuser in the market with an update so I got around to going into root explorer and deleting the apk from system/app/ and everything still works great. After deleting it though, you need to go into SuperSU and update. If you dont get that option, you can try force closing the app and opening it again. It should prompt you to update.
15th March 2012, 05:05 PM   |  #23  
Flag Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 494

448 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart

Just reporting that I am still using this app and every root app I use works perfectly fine with no freeze ups. Until today, I kept superuser on my phone because everything worked fine with both installed and I didnt want to mess anything up. I just got tired of seeing the superuser in the market with an update so I got around to going into root explorer and deleting the apk from system/app/ and everything still works great. After deleting it though, you need to go into SuperSU and update. If you dont get that option, you can try force closing the app and opening it again. It should prompt you to update.

Okay, update time...

These were the steps I followed: SuperSU does seem to be working nicely now. Of course, I nandroided first.

1. Downloaded the SuperSU app from the market (latest version (0.80)).
2. Allowed SuperSU in Superuser (confused now? ).
3. Rebooted the phone.
4. Used the App Manager built into CM7DX2 to uninstall the UPDATE for Superuser.
5. Rebooted the phone.
6. Used Titanium Backup (TiBu) to remove the Superuser system app.
7. Rebooted the phone.
8. Started each of my root applications and granted each one.

So far, I have not had any issues with SuperSU... With the exception of displaying the settings tab. Most of the time, it will lock up and ask for a force close. If it doesn't ask for the force close, I have to manually go into the App Manager and force close it. When that happens, I start having problems with the root apps. I then have to reboot the phone. So as far as the Settings go, I usually don't try to mess with them. Thanks!

Ciao!
The Following User Says Thank You to Moon Shadow - NM For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2012, 07:35 PM   |  #24  
Flag 42.6525 N, 73.7567 W
Thanks Meter: 213

837 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xawen

Just including my experience...

SuperSU is working like a champ, but had major issues until I removed Superuser completely.

Here's how I installed:

- Install SuperSU from market
- Uninstall Superuser from settings > applications
- Launch SuperSU and allow it to update it's binary
- Delete superuser.apk from system/apps (use root explorer, es file explorer, terminal, etc...)
- Reboot

Since changing over to SuperSU, I haven't seen a single hang while an app is requesting su permissions.

Worked without any issues. Thanks!
22nd April 2012, 05:23 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 27

82 posts
More
Exactly what I was wondering! Thanks for the confirmation of success. It seems to be working on my phone as well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread