XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

samsung galaxy player 5.0 usa version case

Tip us?

shahrukhraza
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 377
Default samsung galaxy player 5.0 usa version case

hello i have the 5.0 usa version and i was looking for a good protective case. if u guys know any please tell meee

tradeJmark
Old
(Last edited by tradeJmark; 11th March 2012 at 02:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Red face Here's a good one

I'm going to order this case, looks very good and very cheap!
sorry for no real link, i'm too new to post links. pm me and i'll give you the link.
EDIT:turns out that case was a bust. I found another one, but it's 19 bucks plus 6 dollars shipping.

iJimaniac
Old
Thanks Meter 413

DONATE TO ME
Update to my zagg review; DO NOT BUY INVISIBLE SHIELD! The back protector just peeled up and got a bunch of dirt under the edge just because I stuck it in a leather phone case that was a little snug! Absolute junk! The adhesive they use is worthless! Maybe it is just bad luck, but I doubt it since it has peeled on the front AND back! I am going to rip this junk off and reinstall some awesome xtreme guard for a 10th the price of overated zagg crap!

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Whoops, wrong thread! Sorry!
Get R.E.D.D ->> Got R.E.D.D? <<- Get R.E.D.D

Asking an ETA for a rom is like asking for a hug from Chuck Norris. Moral: NO ETA'S!

Flashing CyanogenMod on a YP-G1 before backing up the EFS is like punching Chuck Norris before you're ready to die. Moral: ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR EFS!

tradeJmark
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJimaniac View Post
Update to my zagg review; DO NOT BUY INVISIBLE SHIELD! The back protector just peeled up and got a bunch of dirt under the edge just because I stuck it in a leather phone case that was a little snug! Absolute junk! The adhesive they use is worthless! Maybe it is just bad luck, but I doubt it since it has peeled on the front AND back! I am going to rip this junk off and reinstall some awesome xtreme guard for a 10th the price of overated zagg crap!

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Whoops, wrong thread! Sorry!
I bought a ZAGG too, thought it was a case! Crap.

thephantom
Old
Thanks Meter 440
Check out www.rearthusa.com. They have a case for the Galaxy Player
LG Nexus 5
Nokia Lumia 1520
Asus Google Nexus 7 4.4.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency. and less threads on xda.

Kirk2Enterprise
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nintendo Cases for the 5.0!

Hi Folks! I bought my SGP5.0 back in January and still learning my way around it. Its a neat lil gadget and a good choice over the 7+ I was looking to get. Discovered it at the last minute as Best Buy was selling it as an MP3 player!

While at BB, I too wanted a case to keep it in and scoured the store for something that would apply. They had this Nintendo case which works great!

POWER A Pokemon Zip Case for Nintendo DS Lite

Inside it has 2 elastic bands to keep the game secure. For the 5.0, I cut out the upper band as it's not necessary, as the 5.0 will fit rather snuggly in the case. For me to get it out, I just push from the bottom and it pops out. Thats how snug it is! The other half of the case easily holds up to 2 styli and 3 memory cards.

The down side is it does not have a belt clip, but for day to day it does the trick and the case will protect your 5.0! And it's 10 bucks!

If you need a case to carry everything, then go to Walmart for this slightly larger case:

POWER A 3DS Mini Transporter Case Blue 3DS Nintendo DS Dsi

The front compartment has a nice pocket to hold your 5.0 with a velcro strap, and styli. The back half can hold 12 memory cards, or if you don't need that many, there's room for your usb cord and ac adapter. This case has a handle that you can loop your belt through to keep it at your side. At the store it was in black as well as blue, and cost $15.

I hope all this helps. I too checked online, but did want to spend a lot of money on a case or wait for Samsung to make one.

Steve

BTW, try one of those small picture frame stands to hold your 5.0 landscape style for watching videos/movies! You'll have to add those little rubber cushions to keep it from sliding, and you may have to shape the stand to better hold the 50, but it works and can be carried easily as it folds.

unicorndust98
Old
Thanks Meter 158
I have a Riot Outfitters case.Bought from Best Buy. I like the feel of it, and come with a handy kickstand. Though, it did brush of SOME paint in about 3 months. Still, i would like to see a clear case for the SGP5.0 to see that SEXY back.

i n f a m o u s
Old
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Just received my Rearth case with screen protector and now I feel comfortable taking my Galaxy Player everywhere I go. It also looks sexy.

I'll post some photos of my Galaxy Player when I get home.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

raishiro
Old
Thanks Meter 463

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by i n f a m o u s View Post
Just received my Rearth case with screen protector and now I feel comfortable taking my Galaxy Player everywhere I go. It also looks sexy.

I'll post some photos of my Galaxy Player when I get home.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
Yea I bought one of those cases for my US player as well back when they first came out. The thing is, there is a small hole on the bottom for an HDMI port which leads me to believe the case is meant for the Korean player. I also noticed that the case is a bit too long because it does not fit over the front speaker all the way. Although I visited their page recently and noticed that it's been fixed, so I may consider repurchasing.

DatamanTheGreat
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rearth Ringke SLIM on SGP5.0 or YP-G70

My Samsung Galaxy Player (US version) fits very well in this case. A few of the first batches were shrunken, but now they have solved the problem. It fits snugly and protects it nicely. There are cutouts for the international version for the antenna and the sim card placement (?). Even with the cutouts, it has protected my device from many drops and falls. It's a good millimeter thick beyond the camera and speakers. It's on Amazon right now for about $16 US.

~DatamanTheGreat