Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

My brother wants an iPhone4S, Help me convince him to switch now to Droid.

OP Dillsnik

17th March 2012, 07:54 PM   |  #91  
Flag Bursa
Thanks Meter: 3,771

2,965 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2792

Show me a phone that has 4S GPU power, I'm waiting.

Show me what you can do with a 3.5 inches screen.

It's galaxy s3 with new 2 ghz 4 core exynos cpu and new mali gpu. It's best smartphone of 2012. Sit back and watch. You will gulp down when you see SGS3 specifications I guess its even better than your pc .
Last edited by burakgon; 17th March 2012 at 07:56 PM.
17th March 2012, 08:38 PM   |  #92  
Thanks Meter: 21

330 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by burakgon

It's galaxy s3 with new 2 ghz 4 core exynos cpu and new mali gpu. It's best smartphone of 2012. Sit back and watch. You will gulp down when you see SGS3 specifications I guess its even better than your pc .

I won't buy it either way cuz it will run crappy software and the next iPhone will surpass it anyhow.
17th March 2012, 09:03 PM   |  #93  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,462

6,414 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You will gulp down when you see SGS3 specifications I guess its even better than your pc .

I fear the SGS III will be (another) unusably large phone.

Sent from my SGH-I897
17th March 2012, 09:19 PM   |  #94  
Flag Sitia
Thanks Meter: 7,085

1,588 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Sure, android phones are beasts specs-wise.
But what's the point, seriously.

Android looks far less optimized and far less smooth compared to iOS.

iOS doesn't need a quad-core to run.
Is that a drawback?

The choice IMO is (lots of great apps + smoothness + user-friendly = iOS) vs (geeky + highly customizable + freedom = Android).

Pick!
The Following User Says Thank You to theos0o For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2012, 11:27 PM   |  #95  
Flag Toledo
Thanks Meter: 10

285 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermentality

First you brag about specs on iphone then when you see its only gpu that's better suddenly specs are unimportant.

I don't get what apps look so bad on android? Facebook, youtube etc all look fine. Deadspace and other high end games play well. You just seem to think android is super laggy when its not. You can make any phone lag but I don't think my android is notably lagging personally.

Edit: the bragging bit was mistakenly addressed to you but was intended for the commenter about the gpu, I probably should have multi quoted.
Dave

Sent from my LG P920 using Tapatalk

I installed facebook and the weather channel on my asus transformer and on a new iPad I just purchased. Apps look different and way better on the iPad. Same goes for many of the apps. I rarely see lag on the iPad compared to my Android tablet. Typing is a lot easier now too...every time I make a mistake on my Transformer and try to go back and correct it i can't even get to the word half the time; on top of that keyboard lag pisses me off. You are talking to a guy that hated Apple products until I actually tried them myself. Specs mean nothing to me anymore since I tried their products instead of blindly bashing them like many here do. Android will always have more lag then iOS and WM 7 and 8 until they re write the whole OS and this is fact.
18th March 2012, 01:01 AM   |  #96  
Flag Pontypridd
Thanks Meter: 245

1,408 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320

I installed facebook and the weather channel on my asus transformer and on a new iPad I just purchased. Apps look different and way better on the iPad. Same goes for many of the apps. I rarely see lag on the iPad compared to my Android tablet. Typing is a lot easier now too...every time I make a mistake on my Transformer and try to go back and correct it i can't even get to the word half the time; on top of that keyboard lag pisses me off. You are talking to a guy that hated Apple products until I actually tried them myself. Specs mean nothing to me anymore since I tried their products instead of blindly bashing them like many here do. Android will always have more lag then iOS and WM 7 and 8 until they re write the whole OS and this is fact.

I agree ios is usually smoother than same spec android phone but more recent ics phones are much better than older ones so lag isn't really a big problem anymore.

As for hating Apple I've actually always thought their products very good even though I don't like their patent war against android.

But regarding transformer yes I have heard its bad.

Dave

Sent from my LG P920 using Tapatalk
18th March 2012, 01:01 AM   |  #97  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 53

379 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2792

I won't buy it either way cuz it will run crappy software and the next iPhone will surpass it anyhow.

That's what they all say.

Sent from my Legend using xda premium
18th March 2012, 01:24 AM   |  #98  
Flag Bursa
Thanks Meter: 3,771

2,965 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theos0o

Sure, android phones are beasts specs-wise.
But what's the point, seriously.

Android looks far less optimized and far less smooth compared to iOS.

iOS doesn't need a quad-core to run.
Is that a drawback?

The choice IMO is (lots of great apps + smoothness + user-friendly = iOS) vs (geeky + highly customizable + freedom = Android).

Pick!

It's a money trap with low hardware.

Why Iphone doesn't need high specs?

Because it doesn't have real multitasking - multithreading even an actual home screen to show something.

And. MY SGS IS SMOOTHER THAN ANY IPHONE. Because I can see what eats ram and delete it. Even I made a gaming mode which disables everything before game start. I can overclock my sgs if I wish. It's 1.4 ghz with stock voltage. Even GPU is %25 overclocked and stock voltage.

Which app is crap? Are you crazy??? Google API's are way better than any apple ****!!!

Don't tell me story about fragmentation. Every phone has a GPU which is different. Every PC is different too.

But all are using OpenGL 2.1 or Direct X.

Iphone is most buggy phone in the world. I can't tell all bugs now.

-3 hours battery time: (Apple: "We know It's normal")
-Call drops: (Apple: "You are holding it wrong")
-Camera button takes images rotated
-Alarm is not working after every year change. (If you set an Alarm in 31/12/2012, It wont work at 01/01/2013. That bug presents since 2006.)
-Lack of security (You can't see most lacks because it's closed source. If there is an exploit, you can never know it.)
-Safari just sucks. What the hell is it. (You can't compare it with Chrome on ICS. If you do it you must be crazy.)
-WTF is Retina Display? It's a typical LCD with no specialty.
-Stealing stuff from android.
-Trying to hold the atmosphere with HTML5 but no success.
-Android 5.0 will be based on native apps, which is 15x faster than Java and dalvik.
-When you update your Iphone 3GS to IOS5, It's more laggy than my grandmums android.
-Siri is Voice Dialler from Android.
-When you update apps from AppStore, app remains will stay. There is no dalvik to clear there.
-Nokia 3310 is smooth too. (What's the difference? It has 12byte of ram. It must be best. Even it doesn't need QUAD CORE!)
-
-
-
-
-
-

-BUT IPHONE RUNS GREAT APPS OOOYEEEE!!!!1111

Last edited by burakgon; 18th March 2012 at 01:41 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to burakgon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2012, 02:23 AM   |  #99  
Thanks Meter: 21

330 posts
Quote:

It's a money trap with low hardware.

Why Iphone doesn't need high specs?

Because it doesn't have real multitasking - multithreading even an actual home screen to show something.

And. MY SGS IS SMOOTHER THAN ANY IPHONE. Because I can see what eats ram and delete it. Even I made a gaming mode which disables everything before game start. I can overclock my sgs if I wish. It's 1.4 ghz with stock voltage. Even GPU is %25 overclocked and stock voltage.

Which app is crap? Are you crazy??? Google API's are way better than any apple ****!!!

Don't tell me story about fragmentation. Every phone has a GPU which is different. Every PC is different too.

But all are using OpenGL 2.1 or Direct X.

Iphone is most buggy phone in the world. I can't tell all bugs now.

-3 hours battery time: (Apple: "We know It's normal")
-Call drops: (Apple: "You are holding it wrong")
-Camera button takes images rotated
-Alarm is not working after every year change. (If you set an Alarm in 31/12/2012, It wont work at 01/01/2013. That bug presents since 2006.)
-Lack of security (You can't see most lacks because it's closed source. If there is an exploit, you can never know it.)
-Safari just sucks. What the hell is it. (You can't compare it with Chrome on ICS. If you do it you must be crazy.)
-WTF is Retina Display? It's a typical LCD with no specialty.
-Stealing stuff from android.
-Trying to hold the atmosphere with HTML5 but no success.
-Android 5.0 will be based on native apps, which is 15x faster than Java and dalvik.
-When you update your Iphone 3GS to IOS5, It's more laggy than my grandmums android.
-Siri is Voice Dialler from Android.
-When you update apps from AppStore, app remains will stay. There is no dalvik to clear there.
-Nokia 3310 is smooth too. (What's the difference? It has 12byte of ram. It must be best. Even it doesn't need QUAD CORE!)
-
-
-
-
-
-

-BUT IPHONE RUNS GREAT APPS OOOYEEEE!!!!1111

I hope that you were joking,but unfortunately I think you might actually be serious.
18th March 2012, 03:18 AM   |  #100  
Auckland
Thanks Meter: 12

52 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike01

It's priced the same as other high end smartphones.

Specs are pretty worthless in general, by the way.

Sent from my SGH-I897

That's probably the reason I use a Nokia 1100 as well then. Specs are pretty worthless. Who cares about a colour screen? Who cares about your GPU? It can run Snakes II and Space Impact + without lag at all without your quad-core or ICS or Retina Display, plus according to sales, it's the world's best phone of all time. Must be the best then.
But, seriously speaking, tell me specs don't matter when you've tried a 3GS updated to anything after iOS 4. It's absolutely terrible. That's why old Android phones don't get upgraded after they've passed their best before date - smoother older version is better than newer version that can't run your weather app properly anymore.

The Following User Says Thank You to Panzerfaust101 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread