No registration required

What should i do?

OP 08BlackWRX

16th March 2012, 06:46 PM   |  #11  
OP Member
Flag Rocky Hill, CT
Thanks Meter: 1

34 posts
so what you guys are saying just keep the SGS2 and root it? whats the most stable ICS rom out right now? or should i wait for a better one to come out?
16th March 2012, 08:03 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boulder, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 1,286

5,059 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08BlackWRX

so what you guys are saying just keep the SGS2 and root it? whats the most stable ICS rom out right now? or should i wait for a better one to come out?

ICS won't be fully stable until we get kernel source..

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
16th March 2012, 10:03 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 56

533 posts
Quote:

Your problem is that you aren't satisfied with anything more than a few weeks. Once you get ICS, you'll be wondering when jellybean will come out. It's a vicious and never ending cycle. If you just have to have the latest and greatest, then you'll be spending $$ every 6months to keep up. You could just hang out and enjoy the phone for what it is, maximize it's performance with a good stable ROM and go for plenty of number 3's.
16th March 2012, 11:40 PM   |  #14  
Flag The Internet
Thanks Meter: 446

1,613 posts
Donate to Me
More
My SGS2 absolutely destroys GNex in benchmarks and performance comparisons. If it's a 'powerhouse' you're after, think twice. If it's Joneses you're after, then other points are moot.
16th March 2012, 11:57 PM   |  #15  
Recognized Contributor
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 1,970

5,818 posts
Donate to Me
More
Remember you're posting this question in the i777 forums, so naturally most will advise to keep the GS2. If you asked the same question in the GNexus forums the advise would surely go the other way.

IMHO, we're too close to source drop for our device to leave it now. What are you really gaining with the Gnexus other that pure ICS and more frequent updates from google. Thats what great about XDA, once source drops and people get to work on it, we don't have to sacrifice much, if anything.

You said you feel comfortable rooting, etc. So wait a few more weeks and get ready to flash some sweet $hit!!
The Following User Says Thank You to eep2378 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
D3M3NT3D_L0RD
17th March 2012, 12:38 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eep2378

Remember you're posting this question in the i777 forums, so naturally most will advise to keep the GS2. If you asked the same question in the GNexus forums the advise would surely go the other way.

IMHO, we're too close to source drop for our device to leave it now. What are you really gaining with the Gnexus other that pure ICS and more frequent updates from google. Thats what great about XDA, once source drops and people get to work on it, we don't have to sacrifice much, if anything.

You said you feel comfortable rooting, etc. So wait a few more weeks and get ready to flash some sweet $hit!!

Completely agree
17th March 2012, 01:10 AM   |  #17  
OP Member
Flag Rocky Hill, CT
Thanks Meter: 1

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eep2378

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3M3NT3D_L0RD

Completely agree

I think this is what im gonna do...just gonna keep my SGS2 and be patient for good ICS ROM to be released or just be patient with AT&T....more than likely root it cause who knows with AT&T....lol
17th March 2012, 01:25 AM   |  #18  
Flag Northport, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,329

4,620 posts
More
Quote:

I think this is what im gonna do...just gonna keep my SGS2 and be patient for good ICS ROM to be released or just be patient with AT&T....more than likely root it cause who knows with AT&T....lol

Root the sucker and put aosp ics, I tried out cm9 and it was buttery smooth

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to Nick281051 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2012, 02:25 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 22

104 posts
More
Yeah, i agree with the others. Wait it out, ICS will be here in no time. Plus, other than the ICS, I think that the GNex is a worse phone. The Pentile screen messes with my eyes, and the processor is worse too.
Optimus-Prime
18th March 2012, 03:52 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Exynos man. Exynos... Mmmm yes exynos. Why would you want to leave a exynos chipset for a TI OMAP? Even though the sgsii is not a "google experience" phone, itself is its only little experience why do you think apple is after its ass. Lol.

Sent from Optimus-Prime's SGSII
Last edited by Optimus-Prime; 18th March 2012 at 03:58 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread