5,594,518 Members 32,580 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[XAP] SMSBackup V0.9, Backup & Export SMS/MSN/Facebook Messages [Updated 2012-05-19]

Tip us?

lordmago
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by konker View Post
Are you sure you can use Wp7EasyBackup to restore your ROM backup to a new ROM? I use the same utility but not across different ROM. I cannot comment on the date/time stamp though. I successfully restored the Store.vol & PimIndex.vol from my HD7 to my Samsung Focus (v.1.3) & the date/time stamp was preserved. Only issue I observed was the SMS did not associate with the contact database thus I was not able to view my contact's SMS from within the contact...but this is expected.
Hello konker!

This wasn't a ROM backup but applications' backup: in fact, I had a look into each directory in my laptop and found IsolatedStore directory for each application with content inside...

konker
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmago View Post
Hello konker!

This wasn't a ROM backup but applications' backup: in fact, I had a look into each directory in my laptop and found IsolatedStore directory for each application with content inside...
That is very strange...& definitely not the intended design of this application (as far as I've understood & used it)!
If you look at C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update\Device_ID\RestorePoint\RestorePoint_ID\Data , you will find that the data folder contains files that are labelled Data.X.dat & Data.X.dat.hash. These are pieces of the ROM image that the application backsup & store at the exact location where Zune would store the backup image.
I'm not aware that this application is capable of backing up applications & data wholesale in situ.
My Devices: Thinkpad T410 Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Core i7-2.67GHz 500Gb 7200rpm HDD, 4Gb DDRIII-1067 RAM; Motorola Atrix 4G Stock ROM; Thinkpad Tablet 32Gb + 3G Stock ICS

转身沧桑
Old
Thanks Meter 1
must be supported.
Love her and enjoy our life. do it just from now.

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2463
@andreacorti: Did you recently update your phone? You may have installed Samsung's KK2 firmware update (for some phones, it installs at the same time as 8107 if you update using Zune). This update breaks the way that homebrew apps have been using provxml on Samsung phones (which this app uses to copy the message store files). I don't know if there's a work-around for Samsung phones currently.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

andreacorti
Old
Thanks Meter 64

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
@andreacorti: Did you recently update your phone? You may have installed Samsung's KK2 firmware update (for some phones, it installs at the same time as 8107 if you update using Zune). This update breaks the way that homebrew apps have been using provxml on Samsung phones (which this app uses to copy the message store files). I don't know if there's a work-around for Samsung phones currently.
actually, no.
I installed the 8107 with the cab posted here some months ago.
if I installed that samsung update, why WP7RootTools is still working?

lordmago
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
That is very strange...& definitely not the intended design of this application (as far as I've understood & used it)!
If you look at C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update\Device_ID\RestorePoint\RestorePoint_ID\Data , you will find that the data folder contains files that are labelled Data.X.dat & Data.X.dat.hash. These are pieces of the ROM image that the application backsup & store at the exact location where Zune would store the backup image.
I'm not aware that this application is capable of backing up applications & data wholesale in situ.
Sorry... I wrote the wrong application name... I used WPV App Data Backup...
Too much work is melting me...

konker
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Lightbulb Make sense now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmago View Post
Sorry... I wrote the wrong application name... I used WPV App Data Backup...
Too much work is melting me...
That make sense now!
And I'm not aware of this app. Thanks for introducing it to me.
My Devices: Thinkpad T410 Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Core i7-2.67GHz 500Gb 7200rpm HDD, 4Gb DDRIII-1067 RAM; Motorola Atrix 4G Stock ROM; Thinkpad Tablet 32Gb + 3G Stock ICS

soapbox23
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Default Restore report

just wanted to report some things that happened while using v0.7 (not sure if these were reported already or not)

I followed the tutorial on page 1: (backed up store.vol and Pimindex.vol to my computer) flashed Pdaimatejam's v7.5 rom (Mango, not the new Tango one) and restored the files to BackupVols folder. I immediately rebooted, and re-synced my live account as instructed but I noticed my Facebook account said "Attention Required" and my Google account was missing. I deleted the facebook account, and re-added it without a problem. With Google though, I re-created it, but kept giving me an error code and saying "Attention Required". Some of my contact's photos were also messed up.

I left my phone overnight, and when I woke in the morning my Google account synced fine and everything was back to normal. Strange. Also all my text messages were there (minus the MMS pictures) so I'd say mission accomplished!

Thanks to the Dev(s) for their hard work! Was waiting for this feature. Now I think I 'll use Mango over ICS

konker
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Lightbulb Got the 'Attention Required' too

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbox23 View Post
just wanted to report some things that happened while using v0.7 (not sure if these were reported already or not)

I followed the tutorial on page 1: (backed up store.vol and Pimindex.vol to my computer) flashed Pdaimatejam's v7.5 rom (Mango, not the new Tango one) and restored the files to BackupVols folder. I immediately rebooted, and re-synced my live account as instructed but I noticed my Facebook account said "Attention Required" and my Google account was missing. I deleted the facebook account, and re-added it without a problem. With Google though, I re-created it, but kept giving me an error code and saying "Attention Required". Some of my contact's photos were also messed up.

I left my phone overnight, and when I woke in the morning my Google account synced fine and everything was back to normal. Strange. Also all my text messages were there (minus the MMS pictures) so I'd say mission accomplished!

Thanks to the Dev(s) for their hard work! Was waiting for this feature. Now I think I 'll use Mango over ICS
I too experienced the 'Attention Required' warning repeated for one of my Google accounts. It also kept prompting me for my password even though I knew with absolute certainty that I have entered the password correctly.
I decided to login to that Google account using my computer browser & I was greeted with a prompt to ascertain my identity because according to the webpage, my account was recently accessed from another region other than the one I usually login from. After clearing that hurdle, I was able to login fine & almost instantly, the 'Attention Required' warning in phone went away.
So, I guess there is a temporary blockage in my affected Google account that was preventing my phone from logging in & syncing data with the Google server. Looking up the error code might have helped but I did not bother.

Konker

toshy971
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I too experienced the 'Attention Required' warning repeated for one of my Google accounts. It also kept prompting me for my password even though I knew with absolute certainty that I have entered the password correctly.
I decided to login to that Google account using my computer browser & I was greeted with a prompt to ascertain my identity because according to the webpage, my account was recently accessed from another region other than the one I usually login from. After clearing that hurdle, I was able to login fine & almost instantly, the 'Attention Required' warning in phone went away.
So, I guess there is a temporary blockage in my affected Google account that was preventing my phone from logging in & syncing data with the Google server. Looking up the error code might have helped but I did not bother.

Konker
Hi,
I have a problem since the update to V0.7, I get this error message : "Import failed, No sms to import"

Please help me.

Tags
backup, export, short message, smsbackup