Null

Search This thread
J

jianC

You can also do this in your old recovery, just make sure to download this file and then push it to /bin or wherever that it is accessable.

Download the above flash_image file also if it is not included in your rom.

It doesn't work on htc dream.. just tried it out

frankdrey

Dec 28, 2011
You can't just flash from fastboot? :confused:

Anyways I'll try this out soon as I find the time.
Sounds awesome

mahroze

Aug 22, 2010
Lahore
i did flashed it but it failed to boot into the new recovery i flashed it via adb had to re flash amon ra recovery :confused:

J

jianC

Only works for 32B Sapphire for some strange reason. I'm sure xillius and Infinimint are working on it and will post it soon

ezterry

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2010
Asheville, NC
Only works for 32B Sapphire for some strange reason. I'm sure xillius and Infinimint are working on it and will post it soon

Prob you just swap in my ezgb ebi0 kernel kernel for full dream/sapphire 32b support and not whatever was pulled by the cyanogen build tree.

Either by updating the build or just unpacking/repacking recovery.

(yes you want recovery with ebi0 even if your rom is 2708+, we will live without the extra ram in recovery.. and its safer ie. prevents bricks that would otherwise happen on some operations.)

That or use an older cm kernel.

Regardless recovery.img has a kernel included.. best to link to the source code per gpl.. may also want to link to busy box source. (The one in cm's tree is used for cwm)

Biggest question is there any issue with the yes no script of mine used in some install scripts with the new cwm.. since there have been complaints on other devices of not being able to get it to work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Infinimint

Oct 8, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
twitter.com
Prob you just swap in my ezgb ebi0 kernel kernel for full dream/sapphire 32b support and not whatever was pulled by the cyanogen build tree.

Either by updating the build or just unpacking/repacking recovery.

(yes you want recovery with ebi0 even if your rom is 2708+, we will live without the extra ram in recovery.. and its safer ie. prevents bricks that would otherwise happen on some operations.)

That or use an older cm kernel.

Regardless recovery.img has a kernel included.. best to link to the source code per gpl.. may also want to link to busy box source. (The one in cm's tree is used for cwm)

Biggest question is there any issue with the yes no script of mine used in some install scripts with the new cwm.. since there have been complaints on other devices of not being able to get it to work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

When I get home, I'll compile it using your kernel :)
As for yesno, I'll take a look as well.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk

xaueious

Dec 17, 2009
Toronto
Thanks. Ported to 32A.

Using Amon-RA Sapphire 1.7.0G kernel

Radio-3.22.26.17 tested okay

Attachments

• recovery-cwm5-sapphire-32A-3.22.26.17.img
    3.2 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Reactions: kanttii

WongHokZau

May 26, 2009
ShenZhen,GuangDong Province
something confuse me now.i once tried to flash this recovery with my dream,obviously it failed at last.but the strange thing was after that i cannot flash any recovery any more.it showed:

Code:
$ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
$ su
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/170.img
mtd: read error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00020000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00040000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00060000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00080000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x000a0000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x000c0000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x000e0000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00100000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00120000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00140000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00160000 (Out of memory)

why,sorry for that.....

J

jianC

something confuse me now.i once tried to flash this recovery with my dream,obviously it failed at last.but the strange thing was after that i cannot flash any recovery any more.it showed:

Code:
$ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
$ su
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/170.img
mtd: read error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00020000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00040000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00060000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00080000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x000a0000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x000c0000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x000e0000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00100000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00120000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00140000 (Out of memory)
mtd: read error at 0x00160000 (Out of memory)

why,sorry for that.....

I had that strange error too. Did you have custom MTD when you flash the file?

Scrip

Oct 31, 2011
I had that strange error too. Did you have custom MTD when you flash the file?

I don't see what custom MTD has to do with it

it says out of memory
could it be that the ram is full?

do you have adb?

try this

adb shell
Code:
free
stop zygote
free
flash_image recovery /sdcard/170.img
start zygote

Reactions: acseazzu
J

jianC

That might be an issue..

but i had to downgrade to an ENG spl and then flash recovery through that..

Scrip

Oct 31, 2011
That might be an issue..

but i had to downgrade to an ENG spl and then flash recovery through that..

too much work

easier, quicker and safer to flash in the rom after stopping the ram greedy Android stuff

even easier, much much faster and ultimately safer is to not bother flashing experimental recoveries in the first place.
Mine does everything I need it to do
I go in
flash a zip or two
reboot
What else do I need?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can't even install any rom with this recovery...kinda useless (it's not even mentioned in the OP as a bug).
    I asked for the latest recovery and found it: posted it here.

Here's a scenario:

I walk into a CM6 thread. I ask for the latest usable CM. I post somebody else's CM7 with all of it's features, etc. in that person's thread.
    Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the CM6 thread? If the developer wanted CM7, I'm sure they would have made it that way. The same case here.

I'm working on the latest CWM recovery. Somebody enters the thread asking for the latest recovery. They then post a separate (and might I also add, older and incredibly buggy)*recovery that doesn't even relate to the OP and also includes a list of features, etc. If I had wanted to build CWM4 using COS-DS sources and post it here, I'm pretty sure I would have done so. That is not the case. That's not cool :\
    UPDATED:

Should now fully support G1, MT3G, & MT3G 2.1 (Fender/Headphone Jack).
    It's also much easier to flash since it's just a simple .zip.

Enjoy!
    Aroma installer is pretty cool, much better than yes no bianary

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

I think a better way to put it is yesno is a proof of concept I made in a single day a year and a half ago indicating that something like aroma was possible. (Ie that we can run code during the update the takes over the screen and user input) while I used it in a pinch in my projects at the time is was not intended as a finished product.

Really I'm surprised it took so long for a more full system to exist. (To my mind while I was too lazy to write the annoying grueling code to create such a finished product.. but the interesting concepts required have been in my edify and yes no scripts/patches for almost a year and a half now just needing someone to understand the ideas and invest the time).
    I'll take a look at the custommtd issue when I get home. Any other features/bugs?

I have like 4 research papers to do and I need a distraction or I'll get bored xD

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2