{PRO}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM9.1 - FreeXperia Project

Search This thread

fdebef

May 5, 2011
Brno
The second datapatch worked, thanks.

I'm trying a bit with hardware keyboard mapping. Does anyone here have some experience with KCM files?

My current findings:
1. Don't know why Generic.kcm and PM8058-keypad.kcm have different structure. Which one is used for what purposes?

3. KL files are something like HW mapping - this should not be necessary changing.
KCM files are used with every single application, that loads it. You can try this, when you change some mapping and then you kill and start again any application, that this changes are working.

4. In all guidlines to CM 7.0 they say, that KCM files are binnary, even i stock ROM they are binnary, but in CM 9.0 they are not. Anyone can confirm this difference?

5. If I edit some letters in Generic.kcm (not in hex editor, e.g. directly with ES editor), I am able through direct edit of this file to change e.g. ALT+B to $ or ALT+Q to 1. Up to cca 5 - 6 keys and everything works.
But then suddenly as I would corrupt the file, it everything fails back to the initial mapping after installation. But I have thoroughly controlled the file and did not notice anything wrong.

If someone can explain some points, maybe we can find simple solution for changing the key mapping together.

Thanks.

DokaponKingdom

Aug 23, 2011
have been using this so called fxp111 for some time now and this is the things that i noticed:

1. the boot.img that was provided with the zip was not working. flashed it a few times but same results - black screen

2. as it says. data is working! really happy for that.:D:D

3. hardware keyboard mapping is not correct.. it was corrected in fxp108 if i'm not wrong.

4. Video player is still really buggy. only the audio comes out. the video was not moving at all.

6.No more brightness problems!

5. overall performance - very smooth. (smoother than the older fxp releases)

Reactions: krish225

krish225

Sep 16, 2010
Hyderabad
Too Bad

have been using this so called fxp111 for some time now and this is the things that i noticed:

1. the boot.img that was provided with the zip was not working. flashed it a few times but same results - black screen

2. as it says. data is working! really happy for that.:D:D

3. hardware keyboard mapping is not correct.. it was corrected in fxp108 if i'm not wrong.

4. Video player is still really buggy. only the audio comes out. the video was not moving at all.

6.No more brightness problems!

5. overall performance - very smooth. (smoother than the older fxp releases)

Yeah Boot.img not working,,,,hell of god,,,since 2 days i cant figured it out :mad: :mad:

stereovision

Jul 27, 2011
Sorry very much, Link is corrected in posting above!

Regards

i tried the boot.img from the zip file provided here and i am still getting a black screen with no recovery. any ideas why? ps - i just had my bootloader unlocked today and this is the first time i am flashing a boot image so this is freaking me out a bit

Tenacious

Oct 2, 2011
i tried the boot.img from the zip file provided here and i am still getting a black screen with no recovery. any ideas why? ps - i just had my bootloader unlocked today and this is the first time i am flashing a boot image so this is freaking me out a bit

Use boot.img from datapach.zip posted page back.

Taptalked

stereovision

Jul 27, 2011

same result again, arrgghhh. im trying to download cm 7.2 now. hoping that will work. just to add to that i was on stock 2.3.2 (brand new phone) when i flash this... i am hoping that is okay and i am not missing a step

update: i was able to boot with the boot.img file included with cm7.2. Can i use this boot image to install cm9? or will it only work for 7.2? i wish i could get boot.img from 9.0 release to work :(

Last edited:

ascariz

Jul 31, 2008
the only reason i don't download this rom, is because, the stupid download link. why not mediafire?

Reactions: Dexxmor

khodos

Mar 11, 2012
hey guys. I don't see the installation method in the first posts. Is it via CWM? I only have to flash the zip, isn't it?

Because I have read some post about flashing boot.img, etc.

What if I want to return to stock rom? I have a backup (via CWM). would it work, if I restore that backup, or do I have to flash anything else?

I have root and bootloader unlocked.

Thx!

Last edited:

bekkra

Mar 27, 2011
Gothenburg
hey guys. I don't see the installation method in the first posts. Is it via CWM? I only have to flash the zip, isn't it?

Because I have read some post about flashing boot.img, etc.

What if I want to return to stock rom? I have a backup (via CWM). would it work, if I restore that backup, or do I have to flash anything else?

I have root and bootloader unlocked.

Thx!

Hi,
installation instructions have been posted in the thread.
As with any development ROM, the safest method is to start with a clean device, but it is not always necessary. Because support is scarce, though, you might want to play safe cards only.

Two basic recommendations from the thread. They should be followed, at least if you want some chance of answers to support questions:
  • Flash the provided boot.img
  • Make sure you run baseband 64

Installation is basically:
  • Prepare yourself and the device (make backups of everything of value, charge the battery, sleep well, write your last will)
  • Copy the zip file to the SD card
  • Copy the google apps zip file to the SD card
  • flash boot.img
  • when booting, get to recovery mode
  • update zip
  • install google apps
  • wipe caches
  • reboot

This mod is system only, so you may be fine without deleting the data partition.
Take your time to read the entire thread :-D There's no harm reading in on CM7 in general either. Remember that you are installing a community run ROM, so there is no guarantee that you will get help when in trouble. You should mostly be fine, but you should be aware of the risks.

Good luck,

//

Last edited:
Reactions: khodos

khodos

Mar 11, 2012
Hi bekkra, and thanks! I have searched this post for that instructions, but I couldn't find them. I found this:

i'm stuck at the bootloop... please help...
i was using stock ROM and DooMLord's kernel before this...

What i did:

1. flashed boot.img via fastboot
  2. installed update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-LT18i-KANG-signed.zip via CWM
  3. installed gapps-ics-20111230.zip via CWM
anything i did wrong?

What is more or less what I thought. But let me ask a few questions:

I currently can boot to the CWM, so... Is it necessary to flash boot.img? Is that flash permanent? Because my current CWM is just a "one boot thing" and works really well.

I have baseband 56 in my phone. I am downloading baseband 64, but I don't know how to flash that file. I'll take a look for a flashtool guide... But, can I flash it having stock rom .42?

Coming form other rom, shloudn't I format /system before I flash this ROM? If I didn't I would get a mix of stock and customized rom APKs...

Thanks again.

Last edited:

hemo1001

Dec 9, 2008
Riyadh
Do we expect the FM to be fixed in next release of CM 7.2 ?

i'm really excited to make another MIUI rom with working FM.

Good luck FXP .

Top Liked Posts