5,598,938 Members 30,891 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][FIX] 5/14 Flashable!! (AOKP,AOKPCB,ICS,CM9,MIUI) Sprint Phantom Vmail

Tip us?

moonzbabysh
Old
(Last edited by moonzbabysh; 14th May 2012 at 05:41 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 349
Default [MOD][FIX] 5/14 Flashable!! (AOKP,AOKPCB,ICS,CM9,MIUI) Sprint Phantom Vmail

5/14 NOW CWM Flashable!! Added -AOKP/CB ICS/CM9/MIUI_V4) Fix Sprint Phantom Voicemail

Make a Nandroid Backup just in case, I'm not responsible if something messes up your phone.

FIX for AOKP, AOKPCB, ICS ,CM9 ,MIUI Sprint Phantom Vmail
ALL HAVE BEEN TESTED AND CONFIRMED WORKING BY ME ON LATEST VERSIONS OF THE ROMS AS OF 13 MAY

Instructions:

1. Go to 'Settings/Manage Apps' / Navigate to 'Phone' and press 'Clear data'.

2. Download attached -MoPhoPhantomVmailFix.zip for your CURRENT ROM.
(A) CM9_6.1-MoPhoPhantomVmailFix.zip for Jokersax's ICS/CM9
(B) MIUI_V4-MoPhoPhantomVmailFix.zip for Spleef/TH3BILL's MIUI V4 2.5.11
(C) AOKP_AOKPCB-MoPhoPhantomVmailFix.zip for Spleef's [AOKP Build 35] and [AOKPCB 20120513-0133] Rom Ports.

3. Make a NANDROID Backup your current ROM just in case.

4. In CWM (I used Jokers CWM-v3 for all 4 Roms) FLASH your downloaded Zip
(Zip clears Phone.apk's Dalvik Cache for you but you can also clear it manually)

5. In CWM, Go to 'Advanced' menu and 'Fix Permissions' and then 'Reboot System'.

6. Once booted up, open up Phone app, Navigate to its settings and in 'Voicemail Settings' CHANGE *86 to YOUR Mobile Number.

(STEP 7. Only for CM9) Uncheck 'Voicemail Notifications' checkbox to Disable, If not already Unchecked.

Then REBOOT your MoPho and enjoy

These Disable the persistent Ghost/Phantom Voicemail Notification & Icon that could only be removed by either clearing data in the phone app (and after every reboot), or the fix in which you can call Sprint to activate a dumb phone, leaving yourself a message and then clearing the voicemails, then reactivating your smartphone.

As you guys know, i search every devices sections, testing and trying out different mod's/apk's/zip's in hope that it would benefit us all, today i'd like to bring to you......Modified Phone.apk's which will get rid of the notification altogether, both the Icon and Notification in the pulldown menu.

*For those of you who have the Sprint VVM app installed or Use Google Voice for Vmail, this Mod wont mess up the Notifications for them.

**I CAN Confirm that Voice/Data/WIFI and Roaming work on Roms Mentioned above.

*** I DID NOT TEST TABLET-MODE FOR ANY OF THE ROMS WITH THESE MODIFIED PHONE.APK's SO PLEASE REPORT BACK.

--------------------------------------------
Big thanks to the Sprint Samsung Epic Touch 4G & Sprint Galaxy Nexus sections, been pulling apps from almost all the Roms there to test different stuff out that would benefit us MoPho guys too and got these.

Happy Modding
MoPho CM9 + ReloadedICS - MotoACTV Rooted/Rom'd - SGTab 10.1" (I/O LE) CM9
Don't forget to click if a Member's been helpful.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to moonzbabysh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spleef
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2968

DONATE TO ME
Just did this on miui8 killed mobile network

MIUI/ICS for the Photon
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1536161

moonzbabysh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by spleef View Post
Just did this on miui8 killed mobile network

MIUI/ICS for the Photon
Sorry about that bro, can you test this Modded MIUI attached one and report back?
Attached Files
File Type: apk Phone.apk - [Click for QR Code] (755.8 KB, 48 views)

vitaminjay1982
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Confirmed working on .3.3 with google voice handling my voicemails.

Also rebooted 10 times over 30 minutes just to make sure i wasnt dreaming.

spleef
Old
(Last edited by spleef; 18th March 2012 at 01:52 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2968

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
Sorry about that bro, can you test this Modded MIUI attached one and report back?
yeah sure will
Nope same thing knocks out service I clearEd the data swapped them out gave perm. and when reboot says no service
thanks though

MIUI/ICS for the Photon

P Daddy
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Unfortunately, this kills the ability to switch between home and roaming.

Another Drunk NPC
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Daddy View Post
Unfortunately, this kills the ability to switch between home and roaming.
I'm having trouble too.
Side note- What widgets/theme are you using in your screen shots?

sub2k1
Old
Thanks Meter 68
This worked fine for me except I don't like how it changed my incoming call screen. Now when receiving a call the answer button is partially hidden behind the home and back buttons. It is still usable but ultimately I'm trading one cosmetic flaw for another. I'm not sure which is more appealing.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium
HOW TO STOP BEING A NOOB IN 4 EASY STEPS:
1. Go the top of the page and click on USER CP.
2. Under Your Control Panel (on the left) click Edit Options.
3. Scroll to Thread Display Options where it says Number of Posts to Show Per Page and use the drop down menu to select Show 50 Posts Per Page.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Save Changes.

moonzbabysh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 349
Default Update

Updated OP with Updated CM9 phone.apk with Option to disable 'Voicemail Notifications' and also Added New TESTED & WORKING MIUI_Phone.apk

ezeuba
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
5/14 NOW CWM Flashable!! Added -AOKP/CB ICS/CM9/MIUI_V4) Fix Sprint Phantom Voicemail

Make a Nandroid Backup just in case, I'm not responsible if something messes up your phone.

FIX for AOKP, AOKPCB, ICS ,CM9 ,MIUI Sprint Phantom Vmail
ALL HAVE BEEN TESTED AND CONFIRMED WORKING BY ME ON LATEST VERSIONS OF THE ROMS AS OF 13 MAY

Instructions:

1. Go to 'Settings/Manage Apps' / Navigate to 'Phone' and press 'Clear data'.

2. Download attached -MoPhoPhantomVmailFix.zip for your CURRENT ROM.
(A) CM9_6.1-MoPhoPhantomVmailFix.zip for Jokersax's ICS/CM9
(B) MIUI_V4-MoPhoPhantomVmailFix.zip for Spleef/TH3BILL's MIUI V4 2.5.11
(C) AOKP_AOKPCB-MoPhoPhantomVmailFix.zip for Spleef's [AOKP Build 35] and [AOKPCB 20120513-0133] Rom Ports.

3. Make a NANDROID Backup your current ROM just in case.

4. In CWM (I used Jokers CWM-v3 for all 4 Roms) FLASH your downloaded Zip
(Zip clears Phone.apk's Dalvik Cache for you but you can also clear it manually)

5. In CWM, Go to 'Advanced' menu and 'Fix Permissions' and then 'Reboot System'.

6. Once booted up, open up Phone app, Navigate to its settings and in 'Voicemail Settings' CHANGE *86 to YOUR Mobile Number.

(STEP 7. Only for CM9) Uncheck 'Voicemail Notifications' checkbox to Disable, If not already Unchecked.

Then REBOOT your MoPho and enjoy

These Disable the persistent Ghost/Phantom Voicemail Notification & Icon that could only be removed by either clearing data in the phone app (and after every reboot), or the fix in which you can call Sprint to activate a dumb phone, leaving yourself a message and then clearing the voicemails, then reactivating your smartphone.

As you guys know, i search every devices sections, testing and trying out different mod's/apk's/zip's in hope that it would benefit us all, today i'd like to bring to you......Modified Phone.apk's which will get rid of the notification altogether, both the Icon and Notification in the pulldown menu.

*For those of you who have the Sprint VVM app installed or Use Google Voice for Vmail, this Mod wont mess up the Notifications for them.

**I CAN Confirm that Voice/Data/WIFI and Roaming work on Roms Mentioned above.

*** I DID NOT TEST TABLET-MODE FOR ANY OF THE ROMS WITH THESE MODIFIED PHONE.APK's SO PLEASE REPORT BACK.

--------------------------------------------
Big thanks to the Sprint Samsung Epic Touch 4G & Sprint Galaxy Nexus sections, been pulling apps from almost all the Roms there to test different stuff out that would benefit us MoPho guys too and got these.

Happy Modding
I have a Droid Incredible flashed to a CDMA network here in Nigeria (Visafone). On Stock GB ROM there is a 'Clear Voicemail Notification' setting, under 'Settings > Calls', which I pretty much use since I have this problem. I had a Moto Q earlier and this problem carried over from that phone to the Droid Incredible. Now I am on CM9 ICS Unofficial ROM and the only way I could get rid of this annoying notification was from 'Settings > Manage Apps > Phone > Force Stop'. This is very cumbersome to say the least. Your mod fixed this for me... It works well. I have rebooted severally and still no notification. Thanks.
I have a Galaxy S III with talk, text and 3G data flashed to
And an iPhone 4S on MTN Nigeria
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Phones
Galaxy S III (SPH-L710) & iPhone 4S
Current ROM
Stock TW - MK3 & iOS 7.0.4