What should i do?

Search This thread

Dalcor

Dec 1, 2011
The only phone I would give up my GS2 for is a Note. <3

1:1 trade... never gonna happen, but I can still keep hoping. :D

BeenAndroidized

Mar 14, 2011
Unless you're going to buy an unlocked international Nexus, you would be forced to go with Verizon... and I dont suggest that to anyone.

+1

Agreed, one of my friend who has Verizon as a dedicated customer for a long time. Lost one of her phone. And guess what Verizon told her... "Since the phone was stolen and the person used it. You'll have to pay for the incurred charges..." And oh BTW a flip phone replacement would cost her $200USD... :eek:

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

The only phone I would give up my GS2 for is a Note. <3

1:1 trade... never gonna happen, but I can still keep hoping. :D

Don't know about that... I heard different on the note. Just my 2 cents. I'll rather keep my SGS2. :D

jazzboyrules

Oct 19, 2011
I think this is what im gonna do...just gonna keep my SGS2 and be patient for good ICS ROM to be released or just be patient with AT&T....more than likely root it cause who knows with AT&T....lol

I think that's a good decision. If you had bought G Nexus, you would have regretted when SGS III launched. :)

Sent from myphone.

Puff3r

Feb 9, 2012
Springfield
+1

Agreed, one of my friend who has Verizon as a dedicated customer for a long time. Lost one of her phone. And guess what Verizon told her... "Since the phone was stolen and the person used it. You'll have to pay for the incurred charges..." And oh BTW a flip phone replacement would cost her $200USD... :eek:

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Don't know about that... I heard different on the note. Just my 2 cents. I'll rather keep my SGS2. :D

I have the GS2 and my wife has the Note. Performance is comparable. Having played with both though, I am keeping the GS2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ive had my AT&T SGS2 for a few months now (prolly since about a week after it came out) and i absolutely love the phone but tired of Samsung/ AT&T's lack of urgency to get the ICS update out and i was wondering what you guys would be a better choice for me... Root the SGS2 with ICScrewed ROM or sell it and get the GSM Galaxy Nexus? Im a pretty tech savy so i can handle rooting the phone, ive unlocked and jailbroken plenty of iphones so this should be just as easy.... i love having the latest and greatest software, so the nexus in the point is great for me but i do love my SGS2... what should i do!?

Thanks,

Justin

What lack of urgency? The I9100 was the second or third non-Nexus phone on the planet to get ICS. HTC only beat Samsung on a select few devices by one week. No one else has deployed ICS to a phone yet.
    Remember you're posting this question in the i777 forums, so naturally most will advise to keep the GS2. If you asked the same question in the GNexus forums the advise would surely go the other way.

IMHO, we're too close to source drop for our device to leave it now. What are you really gaining with the Gnexus other that pure ICS and more frequent updates from google. Thats what great about XDA, once source drops and people get to work on it, we don't have to sacrifice much, if anything.

You said you feel comfortable rooting, etc. So wait a few more weeks and get ready to flash some sweet $hit!! :)
    I think this is what im gonna do...just gonna keep my SGS2 and be patient for good ICS ROM to be released or just be patient with AT&T....more than likely root it cause who knows with AT&T....lol

Root the sucker and put aosp ics, I tried out cm9 and it was buttery smooth

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA App