Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,845 Members 50,930 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Manila][12-Nov-2010] Co0kie's Home Tab v2.0.0 - Final Released

Tip us?

poyensa
Old
(Last edited by poyensa; 15th March 2012 at 07:10 PM.)
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2538

THIS IS A MOD FOR THE ORIGINAL HOME CLOCK

Only for CHT2.0.0:
Copy all files from zip to windows folder
Accept overwrite
Restart HTC Sense
Enjoy!

WARNING: This mod only works with CHT2.0.0. Do not use it if you have installed CHTtweaks. You can get a version for CHTtweaks in its thread.

The file 4B558519_manila -- CHT_Widgets.lua has been adapted to fit the original design: graphic weather moved up, background narrowed, weather text (city, conditions temperature) adjusted, numbers tab stack resized. If you wish to get back the original home clock you have to overwrite the files attached.

Thanks and credits to all XDA and specially to nordpolcamper for his work here
Attached Files
File Type: zip sense4homeclock(CHT200).zip - [Click for QR Code] (44.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: zip CHT2.0.0 original homeclock.zip - [Click for QR Code] (58.7 KB, 18 views)

kanishkapd
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Default help pls

hi guys,
i have been a fan of cht, ever since started to use my hd2. and has become essential for me. but i experience a small issue after i flashed my current rom. (dynamics 2.4 version by ultrashot).
when the phone is switched on (or after a soft reset), only the slider tabs are accessible. i mean, can slide right and left, can scroll left-right or up-down in the home screen, but, cannot access the start menu or any other application. this usually resolves when i restart sense using the cht "restart sense" button. this does not happen always though.
initially i had cht lock screen enabled. then disabled it, thinking thats what caused the problem. disabling the lockscreen reduced the frequency of the problem but still occurs randomly. i did a task29 as well. but no help.
i am running cht 2 final version.

is it a known issue? and is there a solution for it?
thanks.
t mobile leo
CR192 desire hd rom

poyensa
Old
Thanks Meter 2538
Looks like your problem is related to the unlock function. I used to suffer similar problems but always related to CHT lockscreen, never with the winmo stock LS. When I pressed the hard button to wake up the phone it goes directly to the home screen, the CHT worked but not the hard buttons nor the taskbar, and after a few seconds the screen goes black because the phone was not properly unlocked. I had to go to lock manually then unlock properly. This was more frequent when some app were running in the background. But this was solved when I installed the same rom you are using, never again with dynamic 2.4.
The Following User Says Thank You to poyensa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kanishkapd
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by poyensa View Post
Looks like your problem is related to the unlock function. I used to suffer similar problems but always related to CHT lockscreen, never with the winmo stock LS. When I pressed the hard button to wake up the phone it goes directly to the home screen, the CHT worked but not the hard buttons nor the taskbar, and after a few seconds the screen goes black because the phone was not properly unlocked. I had to go to lock manually then unlock properly. This was more frequent when some app were running in the background. But this was solved when I installed the same rom you are using, never again with dynamic 2.4.
thanks poy,
think my issue was related to the cht lockscreen. i had 3,4 shortcuts on the lock screen as well. after disabling the lock screen, the problem is rare. guess it would disappear with time. ..one more thing...

1. does having cht installed and with several pages and lots of links, slow down the phone or adversely affect in anyway?
t mobile leo
CR192 desire hd rom

Z80-Man
Old
(Last edited by Z80-Man; 19th March 2012 at 11:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Hola, Poy, do you know what CHT 2.0 related files may have been changed to have CHT Lock to function correctly ?

I'd like to try the Dynamics ROM, but there's no French version, and I'm lacking time to do a complete translation - and since the link to the kitchen is broken, it would be even rather uneasy, as I have to work with HTCRIE only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleys View Post
Fixed
User misterlim on the HD2 forums (/showthread.php?t=773176) suggested to "go to hkcu/software/htc/manilla/home.wallpapermode and change value to 0. that will re-enable weather animation on your home tab. set to 1 and it will disable weather animation..."
Oh, thanks, I didn't even think about looking at this value, as I thought CHT Editor managed it correctly ! But it doesn't, so I think I'll modify it.

OK, mine was set to 2, so weather animation was completely disabled.

Here are the values that should work for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manilla\Home.Wallpa perMode :

0 -> Weather animation, no animated wallpaper

1 -> No weather animation nor animated wallpaper

2 -> No weather animation, animated wallpaper enabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzobec View Post
Someone ? ? ? Nobody ? ? ? to bad!!!!!
Since HDWall and some other extended wallpaper management have been included into CHT 2.0, it may be incompatible with animated wallpapers, but I suggest you try these tweaks :

- Go to CHT Editor (from the "Menu" button on your Home tab), and set the wallaper mode to "Normal" in the "Miscellaneous" section.

While you're there, you could also enable animation and disable meteo animation, but i'm not sure it would help (I still have to compare the registry before and after changing these, to check what values they actually change).

- Modify your registry this way :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manilla]
"AnimatedBackgroundPath"="complete path and file name to an animated GIF present somewhere on your phone"
"Home.WallpaperMode"=dword:00000002

I'm not sure it would work, but if it had to work, then it could only work this way !

Edit : it looks like Home.WallpaperMode = 1 allows a different kind of animation, based on a background PNG picture + a bunch of Manila files containing .QTC pictures. Some of these pictures are parts of the background picture, while others are different small pictures that will move on your screen.

You can find complete CABs containing pictures and matching registry keys here :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...584978&page=43

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=614824

And probably many other topics if you search for "Sense 2.5 animated wallpaper", for instance.

The first one (Animated_Autumn_MOD.cab) is probably the most interesting to try first, as it contains the correct registry keys, while others don't always.
HTC HD/HD2 with 64 GB SD XC - Energy WM6.5.3 build 29022 French / Sense 2.5 build 2019 / CHT 2.0 - GTX clock - Radio ROM 1.17.25.09/2.12.50.02_2
How-to : FingerKeyboard management and XT9 patch
Wiki : Energy ROMs Wiki
Energy ROMs add-ons & fixes CABs : General mods and fixes *** HD FRA fixes *** HD2 FRA fixes
Non flipping digital clocks for Sense/CHT 1.7/1.8/2.0 : CHT2.0 version ready !

poyensa
Old
Thanks Meter 2538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z80-Man View Post
I'd like to try the Dynamics ROM, but there's no French version, and I'm lacking time to do a complete translation - and since the link to the kitchen is broken, it would be even rather uneasy, as I have to work with HTCRIE only.
mirror published in OP

I have not enough skill to know about that, but I would say is general improvement of HTC Sense load, that make it more stable and quick so CHT lockscreen is more responsive.

Z80-Man
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Gracias, Poy.

Your mirror ? The second link ? It's for the .NBH file, not the kitchen...

But I couldn't donwload it either from Firefox 2, as I had a blank RapidShare page. It works from IE, though, so I'll try the other link too.
HTC HD/HD2 with 64 GB SD XC - Energy WM6.5.3 build 29022 French / Sense 2.5 build 2019 / CHT 2.0 - GTX clock - Radio ROM 1.17.25.09/2.12.50.02_2
How-to : FingerKeyboard management and XT9 patch
Wiki : Energy ROMs Wiki
Energy ROMs add-ons & fixes CABs : General mods and fixes *** HD FRA fixes *** HD2 FRA fixes
Non flipping digital clocks for Sense/CHT 1.7/1.8/2.0 : CHT2.0 version ready !

kanishkapd
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
hi
need your advice again...the problem did not get solved. actually it aggravated and had to uninstall cht for while. but i miss it badly and want to get this issue sorted.

when i install cht it will work for couple of minutes, then automatically starts launching sense..which will launch again and again for several times then gets stuck without launching sense all together. everything else works but no sense, with the message appearing on the top asking to tap to launch sense. (which does not work)
i have installed cht addons rss feed, weather widget and the status links. but these wont cause this issue, will they?

any advice pls? its a great rom and i dont want to flash another rom because of this issue....
regards.
t mobile leo
CR192 desire hd rom

poyensa
Old
(Last edited by poyensa; 8th April 2012 at 01:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2538
No, these three addons cannot make problems. It is some thing else. And do not depends on the rom, I have been using dynamics for a few months and is really great. It is something you have installed that is making the problem and you have to identify. Try to install other widgets (RSSFullConfig instead of Co0kie RSS; or rat's weather widget; or minimalistic weather; etc). Also, use this fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3353

Look, I got my HD2 repaired one month ago and since then I have not changed the rom, just to see how long I can go with stock-VF-rom. The list of mods&widgets installed by now is not bad: CHT2.0+languagePack+CHTeditor; CHTstateLinks; jdpl@ autocycle wallpaper; JMLMenuSense; rat2665_weather library+rat2665_mrhayami_weatherRSSfullconfig2; CHTwNotes1; Glossy Silver Slider Tab; CHTwPictureFrame; CHTtweaks; Typo3clock_SE; CHTwWeekday; Dunc CircleBaytery;Dunc TextBattery; Dunc contactLink; CHTwDrecClock; CHTwCookieWeather(minimalisticText); MrBeO_Music; Rataplan DocumentsTab; also using CHTlockscreen (clover mod), and some other app not CHT related. All these plus 3 android rom in SD is working fine in my Leo with stock-vodafone-3.14-WM21913-manila 2.5.2018 rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to poyensa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kanishkapd
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
No, these three addons cannot make problems. It is some thing else. And do not depends on the rom, I have been using dynamics for a few months and is really great. It is something you have installed that is making the problem and you have to identify. Try to install other widgets (RSSFullConfig instead of Co0kie RSS; or rat's weather widget; or minimalistic weather; etc). Also, use this fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3353

Look, I got my HD2 repaired one month ago and since then I have not changed the rom, just to see how long I can go with stock-VF-rom. The list of mods&widgets installed by now is not bad: CHT2.0+languagePack+CHTeditor; CHTstateLinks; jdpl@ autocycle wallpaper; JMLMenuSense; rat2665_weather library+rat2665_mrhayami_weatherRSSfullconfig2; CHTwNotes1; Glossy Silver Slider Tab; CHTwPictureFrame; CHTtweaks; Typo3clock_SE; CHTwWeekday; Dunc CircleBaytery;Dunc TextBattery; Dunc contactLink; CHTwDrecClock; CHTwCookieWeather(minimalisticText); MrBeO_Music; Rataplan DocumentsTab; also using CHTlockscreen (clover mod), and some other app not CHT related. All these plus 3 android rom in SD is working fine in my Leo with stock-vodafone-3.14-WM21913-manila 2.5.2018 rom.
thanks very much poy.
i will try out your advice as time permits.
regards
t mobile leo
CR192 desire hd rom

Tags
chte, chts