5,593,793 Members 46,741 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CyanogenMod 7.2.0 (Android 2.3.7)(2012.05.26)

Tip us?

bakageta
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Having yet another bug, and this one is critical enough that I'm probably going to be going back to stock if no one has a workaround... For some reason, my notification sound doesn't play for new notifications if the screen is off, and then as soon as I get to the lock screen it will play them. Since I don't check my phone unless it's made noise or I need to see the time, I've missed a ton of texts to this.

pre4speed
Old
Thanks Meter 310

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakageta View Post
Having yet another bug, and this one is critical enough that I'm probably going to be going back to stock if no one has a workaround... For some reason, my notification sound doesn't play for new notifications if the screen is off, and then as soon as I get to the lock screen it will play them. Since I don't check my phone unless it's made noise or I need to see the time, I've missed a ton of texts to this.
Try using another txt app that you can test with. I use handcent because it gives me the option to completely disable the stock messaging and use only handcent. Whichever you try, report back your results.

rignfool
Old
Thanks Meter 479
I had no problem as long as I left the notification tone the one that was preset

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

bakageta
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre4speed View Post
Try using another txt app that you can test with. I use handcent because it gives me the option to completely disable the stock messaging and use only handcent. Whichever you try, report back your results.
Clearing the cache has it working again for now, we'll see if it breaks again. However, it was all notifications, not just text messages, and I did try an alternative texting app with no luck.

WinSuk
Old
Thanks Meter 687
I've had this happen a few times with CM7 on another device(liberty), so it might not be flipside-specific... Rebooting would fix it for me

bakageta
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Just started happening again, and a reboot did nothing... Yep, back to stock for me, that's just not acceptable.

rignfool
Old
(Last edited by rignfool; 18th March 2012 at 06:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 479
Woo hoo new release

However... no good download link unless one of you guys can find it...

yes i even loaded it up on a desktop and tried to use Google Chrome to translate it...

the only thing that looked like a download link requires you to log into the forum... and since my computer doesn't speak Chinese... i can't get thru the captcha

SetraX7
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help lol

Can someone help me return to stock?
i tried doing a restore but it said "unable to unmount/system"
CM7 is nice but it reboots way to much and its kinda useless to me if i cant even call orr text.

rignfool
Old
Thanks Meter 479
You'll need an sbf... you'll find it in another thread...

Or... you can set it to 2G only in wireless and networks

The Following User Says Thank You to rignfool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SetraX7
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default :D

switching to 2g worked
thanks

Tags
cyanogen, rom