5,605,438 Members 43,604 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ICS] CM9.1 Android 4.0.4 for the Defy - now with 2ndboot kernels

Tip us?

shawnshine
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Really, really strange, but after installing the latest ROM by Epsy (17th), installing the CM7 kernel, flashing gapps, and wiping cache and dalvik, it boots up just fine and goes into Setup Wizard, but when I would Touch the Android to begin, it would force quit. Repeatedly. Despite multiple cache/dalvik wipes. SO to anyone who might have experienced this situation like I did, a simple trick is the "four corners" trick to bypass the Setup Wizard.

In order, use your finger to press the top-left corner, top-right corner, bottom-right corner, and finally the bottom-left corner of the screen. Don't tap on the status bar - just the black background surrounding the Android logo. You will instantly be taken to your homescreen. Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to shawnshine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

carlo93
Old
Thanks Meter 175

DONATE TO ME
17th March build still hasn't app2sd feature.
Optimus 2X's build has got this since 9th March; is there any chance for us to get it too?
It also has data limit feature.

I'm not claiming this features, i'm just wondering if they could be "merged" in defy's builds too.

Cocolopes
Old
Thanks Meter 859

DONATE TO ME
Im on 17/03 and I only can record my videos in LGCamera in 640x480 res...panorama and photo works ok.

Red defy here. I know eppys defy its green but its posible to fix this for red defys?

At last!!! my phone its complete again!!! in your face moto!!

Zenkai86
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocolopes View Post
Im on 17/03 and I only can record my videos in LGCamera in 640x480 res...panorama and photo works ok.

Red defy here. I know eppys defy its green but its posible to fix this for red defys?

On the same build... can record 720 * 480 whit lgcamera

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium

tlongren
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocolopes View Post

Does the 17/03 build from eppy have HWA?

Gazm4n
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlongren View Post
Does the 17/03 build from eppy have HWA?
No.

from MB525 running CM7.2
The Following User Says Thank You to Gazm4n For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djc151084
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I installed the new build 17/03 (clean install) and now my Facebook account will not add to accounts and sync in settings, so now fb won't sync contacts, is this a known bug or something I done wrong

Thanks
Djc

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium

leonardomdc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default ICS + NetFlix

Since I started using the ICS experimental builds I'm not being able to use Netflix. Anyone else having this problem? Any solution?

darkguy2008
Old
Thanks Meter 216

DONATE TO ME
Could anybody please give me some pointers or a link to a tutorial or something on how to install this ROM? the OP isn't very clear. Thanks!
Current devices:
ZTE Grand X V970M ["Mimosa X"]
B&N Nook Simple Touch

Previous devices:
HTC Magic 32A (stolen) - FroyoDragon ROM developer
Motorola Defy+ MB525 (sold)

shawnshine
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc151084 View Post
I installed the new build 17/03 (clean install) and now my Facebook account will not add to accounts and sync in settings, so now fb won't sync contacts, is this a known bug or something I done wrong

Thanks
Djc

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium
I have found Facebook Contact Sync to be an ideal solution. Check it out: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...t.contactssync

Sent from my MB525 using XDA

The Following User Says Thank You to shawnshine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
another senseless tag., aosp, cm9, defy, defycecream, epsylon rocks motorola sucks, epsylon3, epsylon3 + quarx = chuck norris, epsylon3 norris kick's motorolas faces!, hello ics //*__* \\ f*** you moto, ice cream sandwich, ics, ics rom, jordan, kontneuken, motorola, nuclear development, olala olala, problem motorola?, quarx, quarx and epsylon3 did it again !, sesuatu banget yah, walter, warning: too much ics causes brain freeze, whoa o__o