Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,635 Members 38,821 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Do screen protectors really help?

Tip us?

kimtyson
Old
Thanks Meter 538
^^^ Sorry, couldn't keep my ADD focused on the long post.

I don't think a screen protector hurts but I also don't think they are mandatory with the Gorilla Glassed Inspire. I have been nude for a couple of months and no sign at all of wear. It's all a matter of what kind of care, and use, you subject the device to. Are you in construction? Do you pocket your device? Just use common sense but it is a strong piece of glass.
Please use search before posting your question.
Be kind to the devs! Without them, XDA is just a bunch of jerks bickering.

Hunt3r.j2
Old
Thanks Meter 200
Helps with keeping away the ocd hairline scratches that inevitably build up over the life of the phone.

kraze1994
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I would say they do, yes.

I cannot imagine using my phone without one, dirty fingers and the occasional drop on cement. Definitely worth the 50 cents for one.

ericpbritt
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have the Zagg protector on mine and it has done very well. Kinda suck not getting to see how really nice the screen is though. One suggestion, iof you keep the phone in you pocket, keep the screen facing your leg so you dont crack the screen bumping into stuff, and dont put anything in that pocket.

inspire4gfreak
Old
Thanks Meter 74
worth every dime spent on them

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

and yes, advice ericpbritt gave you is very useful
RootTheNoob Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've never had one, I take care of my phones though. I've never gotten one large or visible scratch on my screen, I don't like the feeling of screen protectors or the look, you never see the full resolution/niceness of the phone. But if you're clumsy and put your phone in pockets with other items or carry it around within your purse and etc. Just get one, then it is a good investment.

sportscrazed2
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I don't use one and i only have one tiny scratch. i've dropped it granted on carpet, used it as a flashlight under car seat with lots of dust and crap, and got it stuck between couches metal frame and yet it's still only has one unnoiceable scratch. i say you don't need one but then again fingerprints are starting to drive me crazy and they are dirt cheap on places like ebay

dylando808
Old
Thanks Meter 7
screen protectors have saved my butt on many occasions where i put my phone in my pocket and some sand gets in there (i live near a beach). but recently i took it off because it was just too scratched up but didn't bother to replace it because i'm loving the feeling of glass. so i may keep it this way for while.

MM57677
Old
Thanks Meter 1
They are probably effective in certain situations but I took mine off after a few weeks because it makes the screen harder to see. Just my preference.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

jkm2282
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM57677 View Post
They are probably effective in certain situations but I took mine off after a few weeks because it makes the screen harder to see. Just my preference.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA
Same here. I like my phone without a case and a screen protector. Should probably get a screen protector but I tried a couple and didn't really liked them.

The Following User Says Thank You to jkm2282 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]