Love Gremote pro, started using it a couple of years ago on my windows mobile samsung omnia and it's been the best mobile remote control app out there since.
I would like to suggest a couple of features for the future though which would transform Gremote from a great app to an excellent app in my eyes.
- The feature suggestions already made by FrEcP
- Smartphones nowadays have bigger screens so more items should be able to fit on the homescreen (such as the music and the files button)
- I usually let my entire music collection play in the playlist, when i go to the music tab in gremote it shows the first 100 songs of my mediamonkey playlist. When i'm playing song number 501 from my playlist for example it still shows the first 100 songs of the playlist instead of song 501 and those after it.
- The ability for users to create custom Gmedia templates. For example: the GMedia template of xbmc would have different buttons on a different place (and even featuring a Gpad, like the official XBMC android remote) compared to the winamp template. As a bonus, it would be nice to be able to choose from all remote functionality XBMC (and other applications) offers rather than just the keyboards shortcuts in the Gremote server editor.
These templates could be made shareable to other users.
- The Gpad template could use some modifications for phones with big screens. When holding my phone with one hand, i cannot reach the arrow up or arrow left buttons with my thumb while the enter button circle takes up like 1/4 of the screen. Personally, i find the gpad of the android XBMC remote to be the best around.
- I can't get the voice control to understand my commands at all, maybe it would be possible to use the android phone mic as a wireless microphone source for the PC so it would be able to be used by 3rd party applications like voxcommando (youtube.com/watch?v=2kR2C6IeaPw) for the ultimate voice remote control
Hope you could consider implementing these suggestions