Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 39,014 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CM7 8GB &16GB Compatible Beta for the Nook Tablet.., Updated 7th July to Beta

Tip us?

snooch6923
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by qngds View Post
FWIW, I tried Adam's method with the 4g class 4 and could not get it to work (several times). I did have the lda and boot flags enabled on the boot partition of the sdcard. I was successful though when I used a 16g class 4 card.
Sounds like the way to go is using a new or fully wiped/reformated 16g class 4 with ida and boot flags both ENABLED for now until Gonc shows us how to set up the sd card manually and posts files.

Would you agree Gonc?

Nooklover....try ENABLING both ida and boot flags, rather than disabling (as I understood you did in your last post.) Let us know if you have any luck!

Thanks Gonc and Celtic for helping tease this one out. I'm going to try the above........as soon as I can afford the 16g card! Pathetic, I know!

ckevinwelch
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarcin View Post
As I understand it, the SDcard installation is from 3/7, but the internal installation has been reworked and was updated on 3/9. Is there a way to use newer 3/9 version and put it on an SDcard and run it from the SDcard? Or, will Celtic and Gonc be releasing a new version for SDcard? I hope this is the right place to ask this. Thanks.
The 3/7 SD card version is the same as the 3/9 internal version.

Sent from my NookTablet using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ckevinwelch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CelticWebSolutions
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2021

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckevinwelch View Post
The 3/7 SD card version is the same as the 3/9 internal version.

Sent from my NookTablet using Tapatalk
Yup the current releases of internal and SD are based on the system files they were just released a couple of days apart.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Tapatalk
If I've helped you out, no need to post saying thanks. Just click the button to thank me.

Thank you for your donations, They'll be used towards buying another device to play with

If you'd like to donate to Team-B (Thatís Myself and Goncezilla)
The Following User Says Thank You to CelticWebSolutions For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

koyotegambit
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Not seeing Internal memory when connected

Wonderful Job Gents Loving the Nook Tablet even more now. I did the internal root and it works great.

The only issue I'm having is I am no longer able to see the Nook when connected to the PC. Only my SD card comes up. Is there a setting for that, or did I do something wrong in the Build?

Solar.Plexus
Old
Thanks Meter 321
^Here is the solution to your problem:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=138

smarcin
Old
(Last edited by smarcin; 17th March 2012 at 10:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticWebSolutions View Post
Yup the current releases of internal and SD are based on the system files they were just released a couple of days apart.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Tapatalk
Thanks for this. Is there any way to change out the CM7 and boot either ICS or Miui from a uSD?
Sally

koyotegambit
Old
(Last edited by koyotegambit; 18th March 2012 at 12:23 AM.) Reason: Corrected Response
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar.Plexus View Post
^Here is the solution to your problem:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=138
Thanks will try it and report back.
-----------
Worked perfectly. Thanks for the help Solar.Plexus

1000cleverlines
Old
Thanks Meter 4
well i've been running cm7 for a day now with no problems at all. very impressed with the work you guys have put in. very easy to install and no hitches at all. my nook is running the way i wanted it to run when i bought it, thanks!

ratickle
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Thumbs up CW7 is impressive

Just installed CW7 on an SD card and booted my Nook Tablet into "real" Android. I understand why B&N crippled the Nook Tablet, but I think being able to dual-boot into CW7 will get them even more sales. I'm very appreciative of all the work done by everyone to make this dual-boot possible. This makes my Nook Tablet a much more valuable device. My next step is to make a donation. Keep up the good work guys. I'm looking forward to ICS on my Nook Tablet.

Smabbage
Old
Thanks Meter 24
For those individual that want to repartition their SD card to use the unallocated space but don't have Linux installed, you can get gparted as a Live CD from the following website.

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

Once you've downloaded it, burn the .iso to CD and boot the PC from your CD-ROM and partition away. Please PLEASE PLEASE be careful to select your SD card and not one of your hard drives when performing the operation. You might want to watch the video tutorial found below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7auC...V4gaX7W6Z0jvQ=

Credit for the video goes to albertcwertz
I NEVER Fail!!

I simply redefine my objectives.

Widget Locker Themes: http://smabbage.atspace.co.uk/ (Set up a new free website. Hope it holds out. )