Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 42,283 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Rdavisct's Supercharged Atrix Under New Ownership! See bottom of op!

Tip us?

jstrayy
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJatrix View Post
I know...Right....

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium
gps working good? Don't flash the cwm on reboot mod..... obviously lol

DarkJatrix
Old
Thanks Meter 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrayy View Post
gps working good? Don't flash the cwm on reboot mod..... obviously lol
I use CWM on boot only before i flash something. When the phone reboots i boot back into recovery and remove the CWM on boot....lol....thats my safehaven....lol

KEB64
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
I use CWM on boot only before i flash something. When the phone reboots i boot back into recovery and remove the CWM on boot....lol....thats my safehaven....lol

Why even use "CMW on boot" when the Atrix 2 Bootstraper works just fine? Something to do with not being able to reach the bootstrapper if something goes horribly wrong? Thankfully nothing has gone that wrong for me. What about the stock recovery? Wouldn't that be a viable solution in the event the phone refuses to boot up normally? This is something I've never quite understood or had to use (CMW on Boot).

DarkJatrix
Old
Thanks Meter 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEB64 View Post
Why even use "CMW on boot" when the Atrix 2 Bootstraper works just fine? Something to do with not being able to reach the bootstrapper if something goes horribly wrong? Thankfully nothing has gone that wrong for me. What about the stock recovery? Wouldn't that be a viable solution in the event the phone refuses to boot up normally? This is something I've never quite understood or had to use (CMW on Boot).
Stock recovery will do nothing. Recovery on boot will help IF i get in a bootloop and itll keep me from having to use RSD.

Sent from my Atrix 2 using XDA Premium App. . Hit thanks if I surprisingly help you.

KEB64
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Stock recovery will do nothing. Recovery on boot will help IF i get in a bootloop and itll keep me from having to use RSD.

Sent from my Atrix 2 using XDA Premium App. . Hit thanks if I surprisingly help you.
I am interested in exploring this option. I don't use RSD or any other windows applications to manage this phone. I have used ADB with LINUX. But like I said I've never had to recover from a bootloop or brick disaster.

Why wouldn't the stock recovery do anything? Couldn't I wipe and factory reset through THAT?

Sent from my rooted Atrix 2 SuperCharged V5
HTC EVO 4G LTE cm11 nightlies
Free and Open Source Software for Android

DarkJatrix
Old
Thanks Meter 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEB64 View Post
I am interested in exploring this option. I don't use RSD or any other windows applications to manage this phone. I have used ADB with LINUX. But like I said I've never had to recover from a bootloop or brick disaster.

Why wouldn't the stock recovery do anything? Couldn't I wipe and factory reset through THAT?

Sent from my rooted Atrix 2 SuperCharged V5
Yes, but depending on your brick type that may just make it worse. You can always flash cwm on boot BEFORE you flash simething your testing and if it boots just go back to recovery and uninstal cwm on boot

dudemaaan
Old
Thanks Meter 12
For those of you playing with overclocking you can make the process a bit more automated by using scripts. I use gscript lite. just make a new script, name it something like overclock 1200 tick the su box and type in the command box, echo 1200000000 > /proc/opptimizer

Or whatever overclock you want. you can make a few different ones . click save. and anytime you want to change overclocks just click the one you want and your done. Easy

kamikazees
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Steps for installation?

Ok, I've got SCV5 (the backup) and both Update 1 and Update 2 on my sd card. I'm rooted and I have the bootstrap. I've read through most of the posts. I'm a little new to modding and have never installed a rom via backup. Will someone please confirm this is the proper method of installation so I don't have the FC and GPS issues:

1. reboot into Bootstrap CWM
2. wipe Data/Factory Reset
3. wipe Cache/Dalvik cache
4. “backup and restore”
5. “advanced restore”
6. supercharged V5, and install it
7. reboot, then back into Bootstrap CWM
8. wipe Cache/Dalvik cache
9. install zip from sdcard
10. select supercharged V5 Update 1
11. flash it
12. reboot, then back into Bootstrap CWM
13. wipe Cache/Dalvik cache
14. install zip from sdcard
15. select supercharged V5 Update 2
16. flash it
17. reboot

After the last reboot, then I register my gmail account, get my apps back and such, right? Please confirm.

DarkJatrix
Old
Thanks Meter 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazees View Post
Ok, I've got SCV5 (the backup) and both Update 1 and Update 2 on my sd card. I'm rooted and I have the bootstrap. I've read through most of the posts. I'm a little new to modding and have never installed a rom via backup. Will someone please confirm this is the proper method of installation so I don't have the FC and GPS issues:

4. “backup and restore”
5. “advanced restore”
11. flash it
16. flash it
17. reboot

After the last reboot, then I register my gmail account, get my apps back and such, right? Please confirm.
That's what i do. Works perfect

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkJatrix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kojitabe
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazees View Post

4. “backup and restore”
5. “advanced restore”
11. flash it
16. flash it
17. reboot

I skip step 8 and 13.
It works perfect no fc or gps problem.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to kojitabe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
rom, supercharged