[ROM] Rdavisct's Supercharged Atrix Under New Ownership! See bottom of op!

OP lfaber06

19th March 2012, 01:15 AM   |  #861  
Thanks Meter: 41

633 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJatrix

I know...Right....

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

gps working good? Don't flash the cwm on reboot mod..... obviously lol
19th March 2012, 01:17 AM   |  #862  
Thanks Meter: 343

2,163 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrayy

gps working good? Don't flash the cwm on reboot mod..... obviously lol

I use CWM on boot only before i flash something. When the phone reboots i boot back into recovery and remove the CWM on boot....lol....thats my safehaven....lol

19th March 2012, 02:48 AM   |  #863  
Flag San Tan Valley, AZ
Thanks Meter: 78

704 posts
More
Quote:

I use CWM on boot only before i flash something. When the phone reboots i boot back into recovery and remove the CWM on boot....lol....thats my safehaven....lol

Why even use "CMW on boot" when the Atrix 2 Bootstraper works just fine? Something to do with not being able to reach the bootstrapper if something goes horribly wrong? Thankfully nothing has gone that wrong for me. What about the stock recovery? Wouldn't that be a viable solution in the event the phone refuses to boot up normally? This is something I've never quite understood or had to use (CMW on Boot).
19th March 2012, 02:53 AM   |  #864  

2,163 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEB64

Why even use "CMW on boot" when the Atrix 2 Bootstraper works just fine? Something to do with not being able to reach the bootstrapper if something goes horribly wrong? Thankfully nothing has gone that wrong for me. What about the stock recovery? Wouldn't that be a viable solution in the event the phone refuses to boot up normally? This is something I've never quite understood or had to use (CMW on Boot).

Stock recovery will do nothing. Recovery on boot will help IF i get in a bootloop and itll keep me from having to use RSD.

Sent from my Atrix 2 using XDA Premium App. . Hit thanks if I surprisingly help you.
19th March 2012, 03:01 AM   |  #865  
Flag San Tan Valley, AZ
Thanks Meter: 78

704 posts
More
Quote:

Stock recovery will do nothing. Recovery on boot will help IF i get in a bootloop and itll keep me from having to use RSD.

Sent from my Atrix 2 using XDA Premium App. . Hit thanks if I surprisingly help you.

I am interested in exploring this option. I don't use RSD or any other windows applications to manage this phone. I have used ADB with LINUX. But like I said I've never had to recover from a bootloop or brick disaster.

Why wouldn't the stock recovery do anything? Couldn't I wipe and factory reset through THAT?

Sent from my rooted Atrix 2 SuperCharged V5
19th March 2012, 03:39 AM   |  #866  

2,163 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEB64

I am interested in exploring this option. I don't use RSD or any other windows applications to manage this phone. I have used ADB with LINUX. But like I said I've never had to recover from a bootloop or brick disaster.

Why wouldn't the stock recovery do anything? Couldn't I wipe and factory reset through THAT?

Sent from my rooted Atrix 2 SuperCharged V5

Yes, but depending on your brick type that may just make it worse. You can always flash cwm on boot BEFORE you flash simething your testing and if it boots just go back to recovery and uninstal cwm on boot

20th March 2012, 06:03 AM   |  #867  
Brenham, TX
Thanks Meter: 12

93 posts
For those of you playing with overclocking you can make the process a bit more automated by using scripts. I use gscript lite. just make a new script, name it something like overclock 1200 tick the su box and type in the command box, echo 1200000000 > /proc/opptimizer

Or whatever overclock you want. you can make a few different ones . click save. and anytime you want to change overclocks just click the one you want and your done. Easy
20th March 2012, 03:02 PM   |  #868  
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
Steps for installation?
Ok, I've got SCV5 (the backup) and both Update 1 and Update 2 on my sd card. I'm rooted and I have the bootstrap. I've read through most of the posts. I'm a little new to modding and have never installed a rom via backup. Will someone please confirm this is the proper method of installation so I don't have the FC and GPS issues:

1. reboot into Bootstrap CWM
2. wipe Data/Factory Reset
3. wipe Cache/Dalvik cache
4. “backup and restore”
5. “advanced restore”
6. supercharged V5, and install it
7. reboot, then back into Bootstrap CWM
8. wipe Cache/Dalvik cache
9. install zip from sdcard
10. select supercharged V5 Update 1
11. flash it
12. reboot, then back into Bootstrap CWM
13. wipe Cache/Dalvik cache
14. install zip from sdcard
15. select supercharged V5 Update 2
16. flash it
17. reboot

After the last reboot, then I register my gmail account, get my apps back and such, right? Please confirm.
20th March 2012, 03:04 PM   |  #869  

2,163 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazees

Ok, I've got SCV5 (the backup) and both Update 1 and Update 2 on my sd card. I'm rooted and I have the bootstrap. I've read through most of the posts. I'm a little new to modding and have never installed a rom via backup. Will someone please confirm this is the proper method of installation so I don't have the FC and GPS issues:

4. “backup and restore”
5. “advanced restore”
11. flash it
16. flash it
17. reboot

After the last reboot, then I register my gmail account, get my apps back and such, right? Please confirm.

That's what i do. Works perfect

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkJatrix For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2012, 05:26 PM   |  #870  
Thanks Meter: 28

202 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazees

4. “backup and restore”
5. “advanced restore”
11. flash it
16. flash it
17. reboot

I skip step 8 and 13.
It works perfect no fc or gps problem.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to kojitabe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
rom, supercharged
Previous Thread Next Thread