[ROM][ICS][7/9] Android Open Kang Project Fascinate Milestone 6 (4.0.4)

19th March 2012, 03:14 AM   |  #381  
Flag Georgia
Thanks Meter: 5

214 posts
More
Using NSTools what are the most common ranges for settings most people are using? I tried a few different settings and my phone seemed to lag and reboot so I disabled it. How can I be sure that ROM settings for CPU and NSTools are not conflicting and causing the problems I was having?
19th March 2012, 03:59 AM   |  #382  
Flag Goldsboro, NC
Thanks Meter: 146

386 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddw

Using NSTools what are the most common ranges for settings most people are using? I tried a few different settings and my phone seemed to lag and reboot so I disabled it. How can I be sure that ROM settings for CPU and NSTools are not conflicting and causing the problems I was having?

Simple. Don't use rom cpu settings and just use NSTools..

EDIT: My personal settings are FIOPS, Smoothass, 220MHz min / 1100 mhz max, 110% OC. Default voltages. Smooth as butter, no reboots. Your mileage may vary.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA
Last edited by Deliquified; 19th March 2012 at 04:46 AM.
19th March 2012, 07:09 PM   |  #383  
Flag Detroit, MI
Thanks Meter: 1,360

1,312 posts
More
Just wanted to pro-actively let everyone know that I spotted sbrissen's tweet about THS's latest build in which the compass drivers are fixed by using GB drivers.

I'm downloading the ROM now and going to see about maybe kanging their fix, once I figure out exactly what the heck they did. It doesn't look like a kernel change - probably just initramfs stuff (which they haven't started posting source for, GRRR).

Anyway .. I'm not sure what that will mean, but I'm going to find out. Stay tuned.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ssewk2x For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2012, 07:15 PM   |  #384  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Palm Beach
Thanks Meter: 3,909

1,616 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssewk2x

Just wanted to pro-actively let everyone know that I spotted sbrissen's tweet about THS's latest build in which the compass drivers are fixed by using GB drivers.

I'm downloading the ROM now and going to see about maybe kanging their fix, once I figure out exactly what the heck they did. It doesn't look like a kernel change - probably just initramfs stuff (which they haven't started posting source for, GRRR).

Anyway .. I'm not sure what that will mean, but I'm going to find out. Stay tuned.

Nice I'll look tonight. Prolly in the props.

Sent from my Glitched AOKP Unicorn.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen.k.spear For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2012, 07:58 PM   |  #385  
Flag Santee, CA
Thanks Meter: 4

70 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliquified

Simple. Don't use rom cpu settings and just use NSTools..

EDIT: My personal settings are FIOPS, Smoothass, 220MHz min / 1100 mhz max, 110% OC. Default voltages. Smooth as butter, no reboots. Your mileage may vary.

How's your battery life looking with this setup?
20th March 2012, 02:42 AM   |  #386  
Flag Georgia
Thanks Meter: 5

214 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andymetoo28

How's your battery life looking with this setup?

I took his recommendations and set mine to match his and my phone is running great with the exception of one lock up and reboot. Battery has lasted from 6:30am to now, 9:35 pm and the low battery just chirped. I've used the phone a good bit during work, internet some, gps, wifi on all day (mostly on 3g and not connected to wifi but on nonetheless), display at 75%. Great battery life. Since on this rom battery life has been so good that I just leave wifi on. I did plug it in about 20 mins. around 3:00 because my family and I had geocaching plans this evening, which we did for about 2 hrs. Geocaching is resource intensive too.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssewk2x

I would love for the compass to be fixed since I use my phone to Geocache. Although the compass does work with the official Geocaching app but does not on the other apps, GeOrg, cGeo etc. Thanks for looking into this.
20th March 2012, 02:47 AM   |  #387  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Palm Beach
Thanks Meter: 3,909

1,616 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I took his recommendations and set mine to match his and my phone is running great with the exception of one lock up and reboot. Battery has lasted from 6:30am to now, 9:35 pm and the low battery just chirped. I've used the phone a good bit during work, internet some, gps, wifi on all day (mostly on 3g and not connected to wifi but on nonetheless), display at 75%. Great battery life. Since on this rom battery life has been so good that I just leave wifi on. I did plug it in about 20 mins. around 3:00 because my family and I had geocaching plans this evening, which we did for about 2 hrs. Geocaching is resource intensive too.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

I would love for the compass to be fixed since I use my phone to Geocache. Although the compass does work with the official Geocaching app but does not on the other apps, GeOrg, cGeo etc. Thanks for looking into this.

Try the new build that's up. I haven't updated the OP, but its up there. ;)

Sent from my Glitched AOKP Unicorn.
20th March 2012, 02:54 AM   |  #388  
Flag Ooltewah
Thanks Meter: 9

128 posts
More
I might be straight up stupid, but where's the link to this new build?

20th March 2012, 03:17 AM   |  #389  
Flag Santee, CA

70 posts
More
Quote:

Geocaching ftw! That was originally our main purpose for this phone but haven't made it out much because of work. Now cgeo just needs to find a way around Groundspeaks nonsense and reimplement live map!

Cool tho I'll mess with it thanks.

20th March 2012, 03:19 AM   |  #390  
Flag Santee, CA

70 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorttripp86

I might be straight up stupid, but where's the link to this new build?

http://forum.aokp.co/

Check the first post for details

The Following User Says Thank You to andymetoo28 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread