5,601,298 Members 57,764 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Thinking of putting android on touchpad..

Tip us?

corz123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Thinking of putting android on touchpad..

Hey guys. I'm looking to put android on my pad. Is there an ics based one with everything working and stable that someone can recommend? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

sean is here.
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by corz123 View Post
Hey guys. I'm looking to put android on my pad. Is there an ics based one with everything working and stable that someone can recommend? Thanks in advance!

Nope. But you can Google and read about them yourself.
If I helped you in any way, you can show your thanks by pressing the "Thanks" button.

ianm
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Unless you need the camera, I can recommend just getting the latest CM9 installed.

We've had alpha 2 on our TP since it came out and it is pretty much perfect other than the camera is not working.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

nunjabusiness
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianm View Post
Unless you need the camera, I can recommend just getting the latest CM9 installed.

We've had alpha 2 on our TP since it came out and it is pretty much perfect other than the camera is not working.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
And the microphone.
Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.

Eat it iPhone
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Put cm9 on it. Ull never boot into webos again unless u need Skype, and when they fix camera/Mic ull never use webos again

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA
Nexus 5 32GB
Stock ROM
Unlocked/Rooted
TWRP

corz123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Hi guys thanks for responding. What about the audio, netflix, and wifi? For example I see some threads where it seems that wifi is unfixable. But from what's being posted it that seems to not be the case. Can someone clarify?

ohyeahar
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Hi guys thanks for responding. What about the audio, netflix, and wifi? For example I see some threads where it seems that wifi is unfixable. But from what's being posted it that seems to not be the case. Can someone clarify?

Audio and wifi works fine for me in CM9. Can't comment on Netflix since I don't use it.

Anyway, just go ahead and take the plunge. Every TouchPad owner should just install CM9. You have absolutely nothing to lose (except perhaps your warranty, but who cares about that?) and everything to gain.

haxin
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Netflix youtube and flash have been fixed up nicely, im on 9.0.0 RC0 touchpad-alpha2 , earlierversions had some issues with netflix n such. As well, i've never had a problem with wifi on any rom ive ever tried.

corz123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Okay I think I'll take a look. Any idea when the next major release or milestone is? I'm going on vacation in a few so would be nice to have a nice newer version waiting for me...

And can anyone recommend a guide? I know there are some on sites like prenation but can someone recommend one that is actually updated and that they have personal experience with?

ohyeahar
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Okay I think I'll take a look. Any idea when the next major release or milestone is? I'm going on vacation in a few so would be nice to have a nice newer version waiting for me...

And can anyone recommend a guide? I know there are some on sites like prenation but can someone recommend one that is actually updated and that they have personal experience with?

I do believe it's taboo to ask for release ETAs when it comes to CM...

Re: Guide
Just follow the steps here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1305891
Then flash CM9 and Gapps via CWM recovery. Wipe data, cache, and dalvik. Reboot. Enjoy.