Antivirus and internet security

Search This thread

greeky510

Oct 3, 2011
Norwalk, CT
I was using Norton on all my systems. I was happy but didnt feel like paying anymore so i went the free way.
Now i'm using AVG 2019 Antivirus, ZoneAlarm firewall, Ad-Aware, and Advanced System Care 5. All for free and not a single virus the past 2 years, and i frequent questionable websites.

Strike_Eagle

Oct 5, 2010
Pull-The-Man, WA
2019? Hook me up yo.

not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

LOL.
J/k

freekaleekuk

Mar 19, 2012
Auckland, NZ
Im an IT Technician and to be completely honest I find its all "much for muchness" on my own machine I run Microsoft Security Essentials and have had NO issues at all. I also run a Malware Bytes scan every now and then - (Both pieces are software are free). Majority of clients that come through the store are people that just like to click on everything that says "HEY LOOK AT ME!!!1!!1!!" so with a little vigilance you should be fine! :)

xaccers

Jul 21, 2009
Milling around Milton Keynes
Im an IT Technician and to be completely honest I find its all "much for muchness" on my own machine I run Microsoft Security Essentials and have had NO issues at all. I also run a Malware Bytes scan every now and then - (Both pieces are software are free). Majority of clients that come through the store are people that just like to click on everything that says "HEY LOOK AT ME!!!1!!1!!" so with a little vigilance you should be fine! :)

That's the biggest defence; avoiding dodgy sites in the first place :)

When I worked for NTL we discovered they had 3 servers used as proxies for some schools.
Windows 2000, not hardened properly, no firewall!
Basically the developers who wanted them didn't want to wait for the build guy at the time to be free, so he gave them the instructions on how to build a hardened server and they only did the bits that looked easy.
I contacted the person who had become responsible for them, told him they really needed to be shut down and rebuilt, either all at once if they could, or one at a time, but he didn't do anything.
Couple of days later El Reg had an article stating one of those servers had tried to infect them with Nimbda

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2001/09/20/nimda_worm_runs_riot/

Last edited:

darkassassin

Mar 19, 2012
i just installed the latest version of Comodo Mobile Security, it add new features like phone locking and tracing!
Works fine e it's very light!

jaszek

Dec 30, 2008
Brooklyn
jaszekphoto.com
Successful troll is successful :-D

I never gotten a virus, even on windows. Well maybe times I was expecting it when downloading stuff, but the virus was just bundled with the thing I was downloading. Btw, I use both windows and mac at home.

Sent from my ghdudsjihfr using dhhcdfhuf.

Christian1981

Apr 29, 2011
On my old PC i got a Virus and since that day i use a internet security. It destroyed all my data on the HDD and my Motherboard!
Now i'm using Kaspersky and for me is the best. Sorry for my english.
Best greets from Austria

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

playwithonehand

Mar 23, 2012
Sydney
Guys, i recommend GDATA or AVIRA.
Fyi go google typenav comparative where they benchmark all the av available.
Peace!
Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts