Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Viable volume rocker app to wake phone?

OP newnoize

17th March 2012, 07:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Talcott
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have a non-rooted Moto Razr and I'm trying to find an app that will use the volume rocker to wake the phone. I don't plan to root right now because the phone works the way I liked without the root - this is the only problem.

It's a major design flaw - the power button. Too recessed and impossible to hit half the time.

I've tried:
GoLocker
NoLock (Works but I do enjoy having a lock screen.)
WidgetLocker
Others that I can remember the names of off the bat, but will probably notice them if I see the name.

Most of them work 1/2 the time. They wake using volume sometimes then other times they won't.

Anyone know of one that is viable without rooting?
19th March 2012, 07:51 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

33 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by newnoize

I have a non-rooted Moto Razr and I'm trying to find an app that will use the volume rocker to wake the phone. I don't plan to root right now because the phone works the way I liked without the root - this is the only problem.

It's a major design flaw - the power button. Too recessed and impossible to hit half the time.

I've tried:
GoLocker
NoLock (Works but I do enjoy having a lock screen.)
WidgetLocker
Others that I can remember the names of off the bat, but will probably notice them if I see the name.

Most of them work 1/2 the time. They wake using volume sometimes then other times they won't.

Anyone know of one that is viable without rooting?

Not likely. You're really just beating around the bush here, if you rooted you should be able to just swap the physical buttons mapping fairly easily.
26th March 2012, 03:56 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

63 posts
I'd just say root it, I don't really know if you can switch physical buttons with out root access. It has become so easy anymore, that if you managed to type out this message, you probably have enough computer skills to root without any problem.
27th March 2012, 03:40 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

36 posts
I use an app called Magic Locker and it has an option to use volume rocker to wake phone. There's a free version (which it includes it) and a paid one. It also has lots of themes too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA
8th April 2012, 04:49 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 52

239 posts
Dat rainbow dash

Sent from my XT910 using XDA
8th April 2012, 10:21 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 26

103 posts
Tasker!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread