Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 45,478 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

PCBK-A7 case made specifically for A7/A7+

Tip us?

frankwg83
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Smile PCBK-A7 case made specifically for A7/A7+

shopnbc sold a bundle which included a case, it appears to close with a snap button and opens vertically and made of black 'leather-like' material. they included the model number of it online. searching for "PCBK-A7" online gives results for retailers, including sellers on ebay who sell the very same case going for around $11 total.

ecost has one for $11.09 total

ebay has a retailer selling for $10.99 total

smnc
Old
Thanks Meter 37
A quick Google search turned up the following link:
http://www.thenerds.net/STREAMTV_NET...ts.PCBKA7.html

I've just ordered one. I'll let you all know how my experience goes.

Sent from my A7+
Devices:
--------
Sony Xperia ION "The PDA" (Quad-Band UMTS, 1.5Ghz Qualcomm 8260, Stock Jelly Bean) - my main brain

Alcatel OT-909s "The Phone" (Dual Band UMTS, 600Mhz Qualcomm 7227, Stock Gingerbread) - down for repairs

Alcatel OT-981a "The Backup" (Dual Band UMTS, 600Mhz Qualcomm 7227, Idontknow186's Gingerbread ROM) - my main phone

Motorola Spice XT300 "The Project" (Dual Band UMTS 528Mhz Qualcomm 7225, Modded stock Eclair) - WIP

frankwg83
Old
(Last edited by frankwg83; 4th May 2012 at 02:05 PM.) Reason: add'l info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I got it and it fits snugly. It's held in by a flap of material you tuck over the top. But the fit is so tight that it'll hold. Because the A7 and A7+ are basically the same, none of the ports are obstructed. The cover has two kinds of stands to prop it up at different angles, there are no pockets but you can tuck small things under the stands when you're not using them. The button clasp that holds the case closed acually came off one side when i first unbuttoned it, I pressed it into position hard and it hasn't come apart again. But when it's in the open position and buttoned the cover can move around a bit, so using the stand is a bit tricky. Overall, it's definitely worth the $11 for keeping it protected, not so much for the functionality. the material around the screen is a bit close to the screen, making access to the top and bottom edge tricky. i just make the status bar open with a vertical swipe on the home screen in the settings so i don't have to actually click on the bar itself. the off screen buttons are still accessible even if the material is too close.