Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

is wp7 be faster than ios?

OP omarrq

18th March 2012, 04:53 PM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
Yeah, I have to call BS on madphone's Galaxy S benchmark statement as well. If you honestly think that ancient thing can stand a toe to the second gen WPs, you are completely clueless regarding specs. They all have 1.4 ghz Scorpions!

And, no, the Radar doesn't count. First, when you make a statement like that, you compare the fastest WP to the Galaxy S. Second, the Radar happens to be the only second Gen WP with a 1 ghz processor.

Also, I also have to chime in that Android multitasking is the worst. Forcing the user to multitask every app he uses is a completely ridiculous concept and its a drain on battery life as well and takes a serious toll on CPU usage. Apple definitely implements this in the best way and WP is copying the Apple model. There's no shame in that.
Last edited by sentimentGX4; 18th March 2012 at 04:59 PM.
18th March 2012, 06:14 PM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 1,157

1,035 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinchy87

you challange your android phone with google talk wit htc radar with google talk on it? :S am i right? and why do you not challange the HTC titan II? hi specs versus hi specs? htc radar is a "low" budget" device... its new and cost right now about 200€, what costs your andoid? i think far more.

it's not only with google talk, it's with all messengers, because they can run in background or at least cached.

my galaxy s is almost 2 years old, way cheaper than radar here in germany. but i must admit that it would never get android 4 officially, so it wouldn-'t be that fast.

what i wantt to say: with some real multitasking for a few apps like messengers (skype) wp7 would be the better faster system. but it isn't.
18th March 2012, 09:05 PM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
WP7 and iOS speeds i think is 75% down to the software itself, and 25% hardware.
if the OS or App dosnt take full advantage of the hardware it may not perform as well as say Android devices.

WP7 and iOS both work really well, with that said WP7 has a broad platform based over a few different handsets compared to iOS (i know stating the obvious lol), so to do a comparison you would really need to find a handset that closely matches the iPhone hardware specs and at the same time, some phone manufactures may not have enough adjustments to get WP7 running well enough on their device, Nokia is a perfect example to which they are rolling out updates to rectify some of the inperfections.

On the whole i think WP7 works really well, it has its moments but its come along way from what it use to be, its the same for iOS it has its moments but works well on the hardware its running on.
18th March 2012, 10:09 PM   |  #74  
Flag Alba
Thanks Meter: 213

2,025 posts
More
Honestly gtalk for WP7 is pure crap. It's buggy like hell and crashes all the time. This said, I don't see why one should use buggy, badly coded and rushed ports of the google apps on a WP7 device in the first place, MSN and the facebook chat are effectively integrated and easy to use...
The Following User Says Thank You to vnvman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2012, 08:20 AM   |  #75  
Flag Pull-The-Man, WA
Thanks Meter: 83

823 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RootTheNoob

This comment made my damn day. Props to you my good sir.

LOL, just saw this and you are more than welcome sir
Have a good day.
19th March 2012, 12:44 PM   |  #76  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 96

1,608 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentimentGX4

Also, I also have to chime in that Android multitasking is the worst. Forcing the user to multitask every app he uses is a completely ridiculous concept and its a drain on battery life as well and takes a serious toll on CPU usage. Apple definitely implements this in the best way and WP is copying the Apple model. There's no shame in that.

How does using memory make it less efficient than using both cpu and memory to reload an application ?

What is memory for ?

Wait, there is no shame in copying company a, but copying company b ... is shameful ? ((a) Apple multitasking and (b) the metro look of android market)
The Following User Says Thank You to ohgood For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2012, 09:14 PM   |  #77  
Flag Živinice
Thanks Meter: 46

318 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madphone

it's not only with google talk, it's with all messengers, because they can run in background or at least cached.

my galaxy s is almost 2 years old, way cheaper than radar here in germany. but i must admit that it would never get android 4 officially, so it wouldn-'t be that fast.

what i wantt to say: with some real multitasking for a few apps like messengers (skype) wp7 would be the better faster system. but it isn't.

yeah but look one fact, android is from google, google talk is from google, why should it be faster on a WP7? a windows x86 based microsoft app is always better on this PC instead of an ported mac version of the same app. google talk is from google, find something from microsoft to compare, google talk?you say skype? we have an skype beta for now, and it will be integrated like phone calls on GSM, thats about to come in 1 month or so. or instant messaging to all services i need, windows live, facebook, google, twitter, linkedin .... and so on, in just one messaging hub. you can not compare googles app on a wp7, why do you not compare a microsoft app on an andoird, lets say like microsoft office, do you have microsoft office on an android, i bet its faster on a wp7. thats logic. and multitasking is so far so good on wp7, its just a new system and they had no better ideas then, now they have windows 8 consumer preview. and the multitasking is gonna be something like on this w8, easier and better. and for now i have multitasking of my open apps that i used a while ago (10min, 30min, 1h, 5h, ago), i don't need an app that i used yesterday to stay the whole day on in background if i want to use it maybe today for 5 minutes. I have it on my start screen if i want to use it. and it open right away. its the same thing like multitasking, it takes the same time like if you press you app on multitasking and me on my start screen. but the apps and games run in background if you dont close it. if you press the back button for 1,5s it open all open apps. for now 5 or so but now comes tango update and the multitasking is gonna to be 8 or more i think.
Last edited by Dinchy87; 19th March 2012 at 09:28 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dinchy87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2012, 10:03 PM   |  #78  
Thanks Meter: 72

666 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnvman

Honestly gtalk for WP7 is pure crap. It's buggy like hell and crashes all the time. This said, I don't see why one should use buggy, badly coded and rushed ports of the google apps on a WP7 device in the first place, MSN and the facebook chat are effectively integrated and easy to use...

Try Gvoice instead? it just got updated. I don't use google voice but i haven't seen anything bad posted about it.
20th March 2012, 05:17 AM   |  #79  
Flag Matewan
Thanks Meter: 185

584 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinchy87

yeah but look one fact, android is from google, google talk is from google, why should it be faster on a WP7? a windows x86 based microsoft app is always better on this PC instead of an ported mac version of the same app. google talk is from google, find something from microsoft to compare, google talk?you say skype? we have an skype beta for now, and it will be integrated like phone calls on GSM, thats about to come in 1 month or so. or instant messaging to all services i need, windows live, facebook, google, twitter, linkedin .... and so on, in just one messaging hub. you can not compare googles app on a wp7, why do you not compare a microsoft app on an andoird, lets say like microsoft office, do you have microsoft office on an android, i bet its faster on a wp7. thats logic. and multitasking is so far so good on wp7, its just a new system and they had no better ideas then, now they have windows 8 consumer preview. and the multitasking is gonna be something like on this w8, easier and better. and for now i have multitasking of my open apps that i used a while ago (10min, 30min, 1h, 5h, ago), i don't need an app that i used yesterday to stay the whole day on in background if i want to use it maybe today for 5 minutes. I have it on my start screen if i want to use it. and it open right away. its the same thing like multitasking, it takes the same time like if you press you app on multitasking and me on my start screen. but the apps and games run in background if you dont close it. if you press the back button for 1,5s it open all open apps. for now 5 or so but now comes tango update and the multitasking is gonna to be 8 or more i think.

If apps are buggy, its the devs fault, not google or ms or apples... My two cents anyway. Everything can be coded and put on other platforms as long as said platform supports that language. Otherwise, you would need to build from scratch..

On topic, the Android phones are designed for processing power and multitasking. I think most android phones do well with this if rooted and ROM is built from source. Manufacturers cause the android phone to be slower and laggy.

I have an iPhone 4s, Droid x2 and I'm getting a HTC Trophy this week sometime. The iPhone is good with keeping lag away and multitasking seems slow. When I have to wait on load screens everytime I open an app, its slow. My x2(if rooted and a custom ROM is installed) will keep apps in background nicely to be recalled and the overall system consistency is very good. I have played with the Trophy numerous times and I liked it. The speed overall was good. I know the Trophy isn't the best, but I'm on Verizon and I still think it was satisfactory.

I may be confused on the main argument but is wp faster than ios or android... Depends on what you want! Here's my breakdown:

1) Android
2) WP7
3) iPhone

Why? iPhone keeps nothing in memory hardly and constant load screens in reopening apps although the system hardly lags. I liked the argument that within 2 or 3 clicks you know what you want which is why wp7 gets the 2 slot. One argument that was never brought up in that was Android has widgets for this, I can post to FB, look at voicemail, check banking account, and search the web without pressing a button! Well maybe slide from screen to screen or press hardware search, but that is why I think its faster in that since. The x2 is not the best android device available, nor is the Trophy, but they both prove to me to be the better device vs iOS. If speed = getting the information you need fast, android and wp7 stand almost toe to toe. Android pulls ahead due to linux's ability to multitask rather well... Keep in mind I said the android device is aosp, not what you see at the store.....my thoughts anyway.

Tapin' the Talk on the xSquared
Last edited by Peperm1nt; 20th March 2012 at 05:20 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread