Ask a question

No registration required

Still confused

OP Master Melab

19th March 2012, 03:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

284 posts
I have been going back and forth over the past few months with other members, trying to figure out if the first stage bootloader of the HTC Flyer is signature checked by the on-chip boot ROM. I really want a device that is not at all locked down—forget unlocked bootloaders, I want an unlocked boot ROM. Does the boot ROM perform any signature checks on the the first stage bootloader? I want to hear an answer from someone who has done extensive experimentation with the tablets software.
20th March 2012, 05:56 PM   |  #2  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 242

3,305 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Melab

I have been going back and forth over the past few months with other members, trying to figure out if the first stage bootloader of the HTC Flyer is signature checked by the on-chip boot ROM. I really want a device that is not at all locked down—forget unlocked bootloaders, I want an unlocked boot ROM. Does the boot ROM perform any signature checks on the the first stage bootloader? I want to hear an answer from someone who has done extensive experimentation with the tablets software.

You need to ask this question over in the development section, that is where the developers will see it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread