Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Qualcomm releases adreno 2xx drivers

OP mythofsisyphus

16th March 2012, 09:35 PM   |  #1  
mythofsisyphus's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
https://developer.qualcomm.com/forum...3#comment-6691

Excuse spelling mistakes, I'm posting this from my phone. This is good news, right?

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to mythofsisyphus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th March 2012, 09:57 PM   |  #2  
david_hume's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Land of the Ninjas
Thanks Meter: 318
 
1,576 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Not for our phone, but good for people who are rocking the EVO 4G and the OG Incredible. That article was for phones with the Adreno 200 GPU. The Droid Incredible 2 has Adreno 205 GPU, so it will be incompatible.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA
16th March 2012, 10:08 PM   |  #3  
mythofsisyphus's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_hume

Not for our phone, but good for people who are rocking the EVO 4G and the OG Incredible. That article was for phones with the Adreno 200 GPU. The Droid Incredible 2 has Adreno 205 GPU, so it will be incompatible.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA

If you follow the link posted it says the driver supports any Android 2xx device for ICS. I would assume 2xx means the entire 200 series of gpus.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA
16th March 2012, 10:45 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,177
 
313 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythofsisyphus

If you follow the link posted it says the driver supports any Android 2xx device for ICS. I would assume 2xx means the entire 200 series of gpus.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA

Yep, I just tested and they work on my build. I haven't done any benchmarks to see how much better they are though.

If you want to use them, you can just adb push them to their proper directory. I will be using those drivers for my next build (already pushed them to my proprietary_vendor_htc on github).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aeroevan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th March 2012, 11:28 PM   |  #5  
jbarcus81's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Marietta, OH
Thanks Meter: 367
 
1,965 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
I just messed my pants!! I wonder how much longer it will be until we see a leak?
16th March 2012, 11:32 PM   |  #6  
Amphibliam's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 413
 
1,915 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Will this fix camera all the way?
16th March 2012, 11:37 PM   |  #7  
jbarcus81's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Marietta, OH
Thanks Meter: 367
 
1,965 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amphibliam

Will this fix camera all the way?

I don't think so.. Camera drivers (proper) come from HTC I believe..

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroevan

Yep, I just tested and they work on my build. I haven't done any benchmarks to see how much better they are though.

If you want to use them, you can just adb push them to their proper directory. I will be using those drivers for my next build (already pushed them to my proprietary_vendor_htc on github).

How can I get this in your zip before I even flash the rom aero?
17th March 2012, 12:42 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,177
 
313 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarcus81

I don't think so.. Camera drivers (proper) come from HTC I believe..

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------



How can I get this in your zip before I even flash the rom aero?

Just unzip the rom and drivers and simply replace the files in the rom with the ones in the driver. Rezip and should be good to go. But I think people have turned the drivers in a flashable patch, so either way should work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeroevan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2012, 06:00 PM   |  #9  
romma1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 82
 
494 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
I am looking for info on these drivers. Do we flash these to our phones like a rom? Or a radio? When do they (or are they already available to install)?

Been looking and I do not see anything definitive. Thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes