Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Very easy way to stop battery draining on TF101

OP cutterfly

19th March 2012, 07:50 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 60

573 posts
Worked like a charm thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717
20th March 2012, 10:27 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 280

621 posts
didn't work for me...
I charged my transformer to about 70% and in the morning it was dead again...
I'm using the KANG ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1542302
20th March 2012, 01:14 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 11

77 posts
Hey there,

I'd like to offer my feedback about the battery thing.
After applying the OTA update (which we all know doesn't fix the reboot and battery drain issue) I have performed a factory reset.
Following that I had ZERO reboots.

Issues of note:
- Following the factory reset I was able to uninstall google+
- A new option appeared to disable services which cannot be uninstalled, like Asus My Zine.

So it might be that, and not the factory reset itself.

Regarding the battery:

- I have unplugged the Transformer exactly 5 hours ago. 100% battery charge, brought it to work, but didn't use it at all. Wifi was on though. In 5 hours i got 9% battery drain, which is absurd, especially comparing it with Honeycomb.

I have applied the fix specified in this thread, and I'll monitor the situation, and report back.
Thing is, if the reboot "fix" is permanent, that will save me some battery life, as having the tablet reboot itself and being stuck in a bootloop for a while ate a lot of battery. Regardless of that, ICS is a big disappointment in terms of battery life

My Transformer is a B50 unit, not rooted.
20th March 2012, 01:41 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Thank you very much for this great tip. Applied 5 days ago and, until now, everything seems to be going well (at least regarding the battery drain issue I was experiencing as well...).
20th March 2012, 08:01 PM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 2

41 posts
Previous update (under 3.2); no deep sleep and battery drain. Took Asus weeks before they fixed it. Now with ICS update: same problem; no deep sleep and battery drain. Do they never learn?
Has anyone tried with CPU spy if their tablet go to deep sleep?
22nd March 2012, 04:57 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 6

76 posts
after a factory reset and this fix, everything seems to work.

no more drain since 3 days (before , one drain every day)
28th March 2012, 12:12 AM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 16

81 posts
For those that still have power consumption issues: could you please try to disable "Backup my data"? It is found under Settings->Backup & Reset->Backup my data.

My battery drain issues were related with Google Trasport services always being on. There's probably an app that is incorrectly forcing a constant backup and, as such, not allowing wifi to turn off. I still did not figure which one it is, but at least now I battery consumption is less than 5% during the day when I'm not using it.

BTW, the app that allowed me to understand what was happening was "GO Power Master". You can also give "OS Monitor" a try.
17th May 2012, 06:31 AM   |  #38  
Flag Christchurch
Thanks Meter: 4

48 posts
More
worked
Before trying this trick I tested my transformer and found it would not wake from the keyboard, only from the touchpad and touchpad buttons. I tried this fix and now it doesn't wake from touchpad either - I have to press the power button.

So it appears that the fix has worked!

Now I don't know if my battery drain issue is the same as the one the fix is for. I was finding that if my tablet and dock were connected, and the device was turned off, the device would still go flat in 3 or 4 days. Does anyone know if this trick will fix my power drain, or do I need to get my dock fixed?
19th May 2012, 04:35 AM   |  #39  
Flag Recife
Thanks Meter: 67

349 posts
Donate to Me
Using Revolver4 RC3 and it works! THANKS!

Should I do it every time I turn off and power on again? Or once time done it continues 4ever (until flash another Revolver rom update)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA

Edit: Once done it's not necessary to do it again every time it reboots.
Last edited by rafael_mfr; 22nd May 2012 at 11:10 PM.
20th May 2012, 10:52 PM   |  #40  
Flag Denver/Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 630

1,745 posts
More
Don't know how I missed this thread, but this has ended my unnecessary suffering! Thanks OP!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread