Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,638 Members 54,593 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY] Safestrap Recovery v3.7x [05/15/2014 V3.73 - TWRP 2.7.0.0]

Tip us?

Tivo7
Old
Thanks Meter 146

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by docluv01 View Post
Hey guys, so im looking how this backups the original system and safe system...

in teh sdcard, theres a safestrap folder, in it an "orig" folder and "safe" folder.

If I wanted to swap what was primary and what was safe, is it safe to assume all I need to do is swap the data.ext3.tar files? or is there more to it?

Also, any way to get safestrap to save thesefiles on the external sd?
You could always go on your computer or Root Explorer and move files and around and rename them if you wanted.
Whoever named the Orange, must not have thought about the Carrot.

If you like my work, please DONATE to my Christmas Fund :P

If I've helped in some way, please feel free to tap on that Thanks button down there (:

rickatnight11
Old
Thanks Meter 59
I'm interested in setting up my work's Exchange account, which requires encryption and passworded-unlocks. Would I be able to activate this on the stock ROM, while keeping my Safestrapped ROM untouched? That way I could switch back and forth between my "work" and "personal" ROMs.

(Alternatively, any way to add an Exchange account and have my phone tell the server it's encrypted and secured, even though it's not?)

waffleb051
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwards2243 View Post
I'm having the same problem. How did you fix your issue?!

Edit: After I backed up from the "unsafe" system, I tried to boot in the "safe" system, but got stuck before the splash screen even came up. I was able to disable the safestrap and boot up again, but really want to flash eclipse!
I ended up having to go to Bionic Bootstrapper to fix my issue, i think it has to do with the way the phone sees the internal sd card, that or the charge of the phone.

sevron
Old
Thanks Meter 13
If I've already used titantium backup to freeze some bloatware, will I still be able to use safestrap? I'm wanting a stock rooted rom with frozen bloatware just in case and another ICS rom to dual boot into to check that out. Is that possible with safestrap?

And I need to be rooted first correct?

libertus77
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Yes, you would have to be rooted. I can't personally how frozen bloatware would have any impact on Safestrap functionality. Should be fine. Just make sure you back up and don't have Bootstrapper installed.

Sent from my BIONIC flavored Ice Cream Sandwich using Tapatalk

sevron
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Now which rom to try first...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 - Rooted, TWRP, LiquidSmooth 4.4.2
Tablet: Nexus 7 8gb - Unlocked, Rooted, Stock 4.3; Nexus 7 2013 16gb - Rooted, Unlocked, Waiting for Official 4.4
Past Phones: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Unlocked, Rooted, ParanoidAndroid3; Motorola Droid Bionic - Rooted, Stock 6.7.232; LG Revolution - Rooted, Stock

projektorboy
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevron View Post
Now which rom to try first...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium
Just grab Eclipse. I went over to it and never looked back. IMO it's the closest thing to CM 7.2 we've got at the moment.

lemonoid
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I am currently on stock 902, I had to wipe everything and restart to get my phone to update to 902, I'm currently rooted though. Safestrap kept making my phone bootloop once I installed it again, and I'm guessing I don't have CWM installed any more, I need to get a recover to work so I can start back flashing some ROMs. Anyone know how to fix this problem? Or does safestrap only work on custom ROMs. What would happen is when I would go into safestrap and enable safe system for this first time, it would do a backup and then reboot and begin boot looping.
Armory:
OUYA - Stock Rooted
Droid DNA - my phone is confused.
Droid Bionic - Bricked beyond belief
Nexus S 4G - CM10
Inspire 4G - Stock
Droid 2 R2D2 - Liberty 3
HTC Droid Eris - A.O.S.P. 4.0.3 Evervolv
ASUS Transformer - Stock

SuperCharged!!!

Hashcode
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 21962

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonoid View Post
I am currently on stock 902, I had to wipe everything and restart to get my phone to update to 902, I'm currently rooted though. Safestrap kept making my phone bootloop once I installed it again, and I'm guessing I don't have CWM installed any more, I need to get a recover to work so I can start back flashing some ROMs. Anyone know how to fix this problem? Or does safestrap only work on custom ROMs. What would happen is when I would go into safestrap and enable safe system for this first time, it would do a backup and then reboot and begin boot looping.
You'll need to install a ROM in Safemode or.. there's isn't anything to boot. (I might be mis-reading your post tho)

rickatnight11
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Does Safestrap touch the partitioning on the MicroSD card? I'm wondering why my 16GB card is showing up as 8GB USB storage.