Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[REQUIRED BY ALL] YOU ALL BETTER READ...NOW!!!

OP GSLEON3

14th March 2012, 11:26 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Great post. If I ever get time I was thinking about learning to cook some ROM's I do other dev work and it look's like it might be fun to play with. After seeing stuff people put on here this sure isn't a place I would start.

If anyone is doing dev work the only thing you should have to say to them is thank you. Even if you brick your phone. It's not their fault you didn't follow instructions or the carrier may have made a change in the device since they put their work out there for you to use. Research it before you do it and it will greatly reduce the chance of failure.

It's just like a few other hobbies I have if you want to play you better be willing to pay. Trust me a bricked cell phone is cheap compared to an exploded turbo.
15th March 2012, 12:39 AM   |  #22  
Flag Launceston
Thanks Meter: 17

72 posts
More
Somebody had to say this, thank you. I'd love to see our developers back. Almost all of the community appreciates their hard work, it's just a small percentage that ruins it for everyone.
15th March 2012, 08:46 PM   |  #23  
Recognized Developer
Flag On Earth
Thanks Meter: 4,772

4,064 posts
Donate to Me
More
I did miss all that happend here, and think i'm glad I did.

I'm the "Lead developer" of BinDroid and as GSLEON3 did say, I don't do this alone.
I have a few other devs and themers & testers to make it all complete.
The BinDroid team is around 20 people from all over the Globe.

cyber_pete is my US partner dev, and working on your ICS build, and I help where needed.

We almost done.. And glad to inform you all that BinDroid is here to stay on Vivid.

This weekend the Sensation XE ROM is released, and soon after that, you will join the part.

So keep those heads UP and enjoy what is given to you by people who enjoy making this.

We do this for our own pleasure, and like to see you enjoy it to
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DutchDanny For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th March 2012, 03:42 AM   |  #24  
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 48

887 posts
More
Thumbs up Follow up
to follow up on my previous post (page 2)
I ended up selling back the phone i got, couldn't deal with a device not running htc sense regardless of how much i loved the actual phone. so in a way Wild Child kinda had a hand in this so i decided to take the plunge and tried out his sense 3.5 rom and like i thought, it's exactly what i wanted so i'm sticking with it, i'll be here, i'm not crazy about ICS or sense 3.6 and up so i might stick with this rom for now, but doesn't mean i wont see something i wana play around with, after all that's what titanium backup and nandroid are for
16th March 2012, 04:52 AM   |  #25  
Flag Fredericksburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 300

653 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hahaha I've been waiting for GSLEON3 to take over forever

Great, Fair Guy, will be a Great Mod (again).

As for the devs, whatever's done is done. There's no point in holding grudges. Turn the cheek, and put it in the past. Don't make regrettable decisions like this. Is it better to do nothing and succeed or do something and stumble?
16th March 2012, 10:43 PM   |  #26  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 3

81 posts
More
1st and foremost:
Thank you devs, all of you, for all of your progress and support. Please, please, pretty-please come back! The Vivid is an awesome device and well worth putting through it's paces with ICS and Jelly Bean when it comes out. XDA is the place to come for all of it. The site hits the news ALOT when it comes to getting stuff in our grubby paws long before the carriers give their blessings. Because of that, expect traffic from every type of person that is capable of clutching a phone to come here, be it a tech-god(dess) or a complete ludite. We all need patience and respect everyone. Negative comments do nothing, squat, zilch in making you happy.

I came from the Nexus One and even there, there's some errant idiot posts and 99.9% got ignored because no time is even worth spending in making a reply. The N1's been around for 2+ years now and it was a niche product for the most part but it drove development. I picked the Vivid because without having to go to Samsung, this is a great phone with the potential of having a good long life. We're on the ground floor, it's only a few months old, and there are going to be hiccups along the way.

Admittedly, I've been running unlocked, rooted but stock standard since I got the Vivid. I'm still checking to see if I have a pulse as I used to flash a new build every couple weeks on the N1. That tells you that even with the bloat (that's been frozen) stock is still very good. But I want ICS. The poo hit the fan shortly after that and then everything was shuttered. It was disappointing and frankly stunning that it happened like that. We can do better than that. I know that I'm always supportive and will let the devs know if anything is amiss unless someone beat me too it--which happens more than not. 20 posts of the same thing isn't going to help. We're almost there. We're almost at the point where we can easily have a daily-use build that will be stable enough for the average Joe.

GSLeon, you couldn't do a better job of spelling it all out if you had team of speech writers on staff. And thanks for coming back!
16th March 2012, 10:46 PM   |  #27  
Flag CA
Thanks Meter: 62

768 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchDanny

I'm the "Lead developer" of BinDroid and as GSLEON3 did say, I don't do this alone.

cyber_pete is my US partner dev, and working on your ICS build, and I help where needed.

We almost done.. And glad to inform you all that BinDroid is here to stay on Vivid.

This weekend the Sensation XE ROM is released, and soon after that, you will join the part.

So keep those heads UP and enjoy what is given to you by people who enjoy making this.

way to go DutchDanny; I am so glad to have your team helping on such a great phone
20th March 2012, 08:08 PM   |  #28  
Flag Colorado Springs, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 32

378 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchDanny

I am so glad to see that you are here, your roms were permanent on my Inspire 4g and will be again on my Vivid when I take delivery, I cannot wait to see and use your great work again, Thank you for all that you do Danny!!!!
26th March 2012, 10:02 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 218

520 posts
I undoubtedly missed all of that commotion and I'm glad I did. It's simple: use it only if you have educated yourself about it, and if you haven't then don't complain about it, because if you had educated yourself, you wouldn't have a reason to complain.

Not to mention even if it wasn't a group of developers, why would you be disrespectful of anyone, especially when they're providing you a service and product, for FREE nonetheless!? Unbelievable.

On behalf of the honest and caring people here on XDA, I want to apologize to all that have been talked down to, rudely criticized or disrespected in any way, especially in regards to all the hard work they've done and continue to do. I really hope to see as many devs come back as we have room for, I mean without all of them we wouldn't even be here. XDA may not have even existed.

I'm not even a Vivid user, I have a Sensation. I'm looking to swap up to a Raider though (Canadian/North American name I guess?) and would love to see as much development for it as the Sensation has now. Hopefully we can help make that a reality. Thanks to the OP as well, hopefully your time and efforts will be worthwhile!

Edit: moe3754 and subsequently the BinDroid team, it's great to have you guys and we look forward to your work! Thank you!
Last edited by hv6478; 26th March 2012 at 10:05 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to hv6478 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2012, 08:57 PM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 3

30 posts
+1!

Thanks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread