Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 40,119 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC Desire S Paint?

Tip us?
 
huzi_a
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 56
Join Date: Dec 2011
Default [Q] HTC Desire S Paint?

Hey guys, I have a few scratches and scuffs on my black HTC Desire S around the edges. I have a case on it but it was my cousin's and i think he went a while without a case. I'm thinking of spray painting it to the original colour. If i can't get the original one then possibly a different colour. How would I go about doing that and what kind of paint would i need? Strange question for XDA, eh? :P
Thanks guys.
My devices from first to current:
Motorola V220
Sony Ericsson K510i
Samsung J600
Samsung U600
Nokia 6300 (black)
HTC Desire (first Android <3) - (Rooted, OC'd, CM'd)
HTC Desire S (Rooted, OC'd, CM'd)
HTC HD7
HTC Desire HD (Rooted, Paranoid Android'd)
Samsung Galaxy S i9000 (Rooted, CM'd)
Sony Xperia T Skyfall Edition (No known workaround for "Bootloader Unlock Allowed=No")
Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 (Rooted, jumping between ROMs)
 
rusor123
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 39
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzi_a View Post
Hey guys, I have a few scratches and scuffs on my black HTC Desire S around the edges. I have a case on it but it was my cousin's and i think he went a while without a case. I'm thinking of spray painting it to the original colour. If i can't get the original one then possibly a different colour. How would I go about doing that and what kind of paint would i need? Strange question for XDA, eh? :P
Thanks guys.
Dude do not spray paint. Spray paint will be much weaker than the original coating... so it will wear off gradually. There is another Option though- http://braindeadlock.net/macbook-dye-project/
 
haroldil23
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ariel
You can replace all the housing, with a new one, more expensive then paint, but it can actualy "renew" your device.
Search ebay for item number 260851559777.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA
 
wnp_79
Old
#4  
wnp_79's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 635
Posts: 1,284
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nottingham

 
DONATE TO ME
Can't remember where but someone in here went the other way and sanded the casing down to remove all the paint, making it a silver desire S. Looked quite nice.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
 
huzi_a
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 56
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusor123 View Post
Dude do not spray paint. Spray paint will be much weaker than the original coating... so it will wear off gradually. There is another Option though- http://braindeadlock.net/macbook-dye-project/
Yeah i'd prefer that the paint lasts a long time. I like the dying idea but i'd probs end up "dying the cat" as he said in the guide :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by haroldil23 View Post
You can replace all the housing, with a new one, more expensive then paint, but it can actualy "renew" your device.
Search ebay for item number 260851559777.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA
I was thinking of that but I don't really trust myself :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnp_79 View Post
Can't remember where but someone in here went the other way and sanded the casing down to remove all the paint, making it a silver desire S. Looked quite nice.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
I think this would be the best option coz I've seen a Desire HD sanded down which looked really sexy. I'm gonna research it a bit more.
My devices from first to current:
Motorola V220
Sony Ericsson K510i
Samsung J600
Samsung U600
Nokia 6300 (black)
HTC Desire (first Android <3) - (Rooted, OC'd, CM'd)
HTC Desire S (Rooted, OC'd, CM'd)
HTC HD7
HTC Desire HD (Rooted, Paranoid Android'd)
Samsung Galaxy S i9000 (Rooted, CM'd)
Sony Xperia T Skyfall Edition (No known workaround for "Bootloader Unlock Allowed=No")
Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 (Rooted, jumping between ROMs)
Tags
paint, scratch, scuff, spray
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes