No registration required

[Q] HTC Desire S Paint?

OP huzi_a

18th March 2012, 03:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

63 posts
More
Hey guys, I have a few scratches and scuffs on my black HTC Desire S around the edges. I have a case on it but it was my cousin's and i think he went a while without a case. I'm thinking of spray painting it to the original colour. If i can't get the original one then possibly a different colour. How would I go about doing that and what kind of paint would i need? Strange question for XDA, eh? :P
Thanks guys.
19th March 2012, 07:45 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

39 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huzi_a

Hey guys, I have a few scratches and scuffs on my black HTC Desire S around the edges. I have a case on it but it was my cousin's and i think he went a while without a case. I'm thinking of spray painting it to the original colour. If i can't get the original one then possibly a different colour. How would I go about doing that and what kind of paint would i need? Strange question for XDA, eh? :P
Thanks guys.

Dude do not spray paint. Spray paint will be much weaker than the original coating... so it will wear off gradually. There is another Option though- http://braindeadlock.net/macbook-dye-project/
20th March 2012, 05:51 PM   |  #3  
Flag Ariel
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
You can replace all the housing, with a new one, more expensive then paint, but it can actualy "renew" your device.
Search ebay for item number 260851559777.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA
20th March 2012, 08:40 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 636

1,290 posts
Donate to Me
More
Can't remember where but someone in here went the other way and sanded the casing down to remove all the paint, making it a silver desire S. Looked quite nice.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
20th March 2012, 08:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

63 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusor123

Dude do not spray paint. Spray paint will be much weaker than the original coating... so it will wear off gradually. There is another Option though- http://braindeadlock.net/macbook-dye-project/

Yeah i'd prefer that the paint lasts a long time. I like the dying idea but i'd probs end up "dying the cat" as he said in the guide :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by haroldil23

You can replace all the housing, with a new one, more expensive then paint, but it can actualy "renew" your device.
Search ebay for item number 260851559777.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

I was thinking of that but I don't really trust myself :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnp_79

Can't remember where but someone in here went the other way and sanded the casing down to remove all the paint, making it a silver desire S. Looked quite nice.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

I think this would be the best option coz I've seen a Desire HD sanded down which looked really sexy. I'm gonna research it a bit more.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
paint, scratch, scuff, spray
Previous Thread Next Thread