[Q] [ICS][ROM] roms with IA2SD+ script

Search This thread

Calibrae

Aug 8, 2007
Paris
Hello,

I'm one of the unlucky who used MeDroidMod and got his mic ****ed with the last update.. following by the blatant disregard for an open source community.
I really like the way IA2SD+ handled things tho, I've looked around but didn't find any other rom using it.
Is there any? Or can experts having used a few scripts like that can enlighten me about other and just as nice scripts to boost the internal memory?

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
I don't know internally how iA2SD but it does seem to mount /sd-ext as /data, which basically all AD2SDX scripts do, so amarullz AD2SDX script should do, even though iA2SD is much better :p

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

timbit123

Nov 9, 2010
Quebec
Yeah the idea of ia2sd is coming from a2sdx but on my second version with ia2sd app I changed all my script for a more optimized one and still the same idea but with the idea of choosing whitch app you want internal or external. Anyway, for now, I didn't really try my script on other version and medroidmod will continue to be updated event if the thread is closed, our Google code always contain the last version and will continue to update over ota too.

For your mic try 1.4.3 with full wipe first and backup before starting.
First time that don't have mic issue too.
New kernel, new drivers on that version

Reactions: Calibrae

Calibrae

Aug 8, 2007
Paris
Thanks timbit123, I'll be sure to check it out. I rolled back to 1.4.2 for now - didn't have much time to full wipe yesterday.

I have to say your script really rocks. Other 2SD scripts usually ****ed up my backups, and restores, and I didn't like the fact I didn't know what was going where. If the 1X was released a few months later, I'd keep on using my N1 for a while thanks to you.

cpm

Jan 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Timbit, I really think your ia2sd is a fantastic solution for our aging Nexus Ones.

Is there any chance it can be made available stand alone so that it can be used with any ROM? You could give it its on well deserved thread on XDA Android Dev forum (will it work on any rooted Android phone?)

Anyhow, could make many people happy :)

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

Last edited:

timbit123

Nov 9, 2010
Quebec
Yeah as long the rom is compatible with init.d it should work without issue. I will probably make it installable from the ia2sd app. Just need some times to make this out and make tests

taodan

Nov 27, 2011
LineageOS
Yeah the idea of ia2sd is coming from a2sdx but on my second version with ia2sd app I changed all my script for a more optimized one and still the same idea but with the idea of choosing whitch app you want internal or external. Anyway, for now, I didn't really try my script on other version and medroidmod will continue to be updated event if the thread is closed, our Google code always contain the last version and will continue to update over ota too.

Regarding the mic issue, it still exists in v1.4.3 even though I did full wipe and format system before flashing the ROM. I had to wipe cache and dalvik-cache after the phone rebooted and that solved the mic issue.

Last edited:

timbit123

Nov 9, 2010
Quebec
ok, i'll build a version sometime next week and start a thread in dev section when i'll release a version. Probably it will be only the script because, application can only run in ics, not compatible with gingerbread. need some times to remake that application

Last edited:
Reactions: MoeNeXus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ok, i'll build a version sometime next week and start a thread in dev section when i'll release a version. Probably it will be only the script because, application can only run in ics, not compatible with gingerbread. need some times to remake that application