Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,758 Members 46,378 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] How To Root HBOOT 1.02/1.07 and gain S-OFF

Tip us?

cmlusco
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 922

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by demo27vol1 View Post
No it hasn't been rooted and I think its running 2.3 so it may be on the newer Hboot. Oh well doesn't hurt doing all those steps then hah. I'm just planning on using it as a mp3 but I feel like rooting it to give it a lil juice and maybe try out a couple ROMs when I'm bored. Thanks BTW.
Well if it is on 2.3.4 you will have to use this guide if your on hboot 1.02, or this guide here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1306400 if your on 0.92 or older.
Sent From My HTC One (M7WLV) S-OFF Rooted
Hboot: 1.56.0000 (Unlocked)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
Kernel: ElementalX 13.5
PRL: 15287
Rom: Stock OTA 3.11.605.1

VZW HTC One Files - VZW1FILES.DYNDNS.ORG

HTC Incredible Files - DINC.DOES-IT.NET
The Following User Says Thank You to cmlusco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

luland
Old
(Last edited by luland; 9th April 2012 at 06:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
[/COLOR]i was able to get 2.2 successfully installed

now when running unrevoked 3.22 it reboots my home the phone screen says hboot usb plug connected

but the unrevoked box is stuck at Waiting for bootloader. Make sure Driver is up to date.

cmlusco
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 922

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by luland View Post
[/COLOR]i was able to get 2.2 successfully installed

now when running unrevoked 3.22 it reboots my home the phone screen says hboot usb plug connected

but the unrevoked box is stuck at Waiting for bootloader. Make sure Driver is up to date.
So it worked in the begining for getting root and downgrading, but now it wont while trying to get s-off?

If thats the case im not sure. Did you enable usb debuging again since downgrading to 2.2? Try downloading the newest unrevoked from their site and see if that will work. 3.22 is only required for the downgrade part im pretty sure. You could try to when it gets stuck to disconnect the phone from the pc and then reconnect it.

ned4spd8874
Old
(Last edited by ned4spd8874; 14th April 2012 at 01:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco View Post
It shouldnt take that long to boot, or bootloop. Try doing a factory reset from hboot now that your on froyo, hopefully that will help.
I have the same problem. I did a factory reset and it looked like it was going to be stable, but then I started to actually use the phone and it is still doing the reboot thing.

I've also just noticed that although hboot is unlocked, I still have s-on. I ran through all the instructions step by step and everything completed successfully though.

I don't know what to do at this point. This phone has been a major pita to do this to! I've been trying to get it rooted since yesterday and I'm afraid of what to do next. I really have no idea where to go from here.

I should have just let the damn thing be. I'm going out of town tomorrow morning and it sure would be nice if I had a working phone with me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit 1: Tried clearing cache & davlik, continues to reboot. Tried fixing permissions in recovery, still rebooting. Seems that If I do a factory reset, it's stable. Until I actually use the phone. As soon as I go through the initial prompts, it reboots. Sometimes in the middle of going through the prompts, sometimes afterwards.

Edit 2: Loaded the PB31IMG.zip file onto the SD card, loaded hboot, it saw it and had the blue bar along the side. Then it flashed something like "no image, wrong image" and then went back to the hboot screen. Loaded another PB31IMG.zip file that I had (Froyo-Stock-recvery_PB31IMG) on the SD card and had the same thing happen. Now when I load hboot and select the factory reset option, it loads the clockwordmod recovery 5.0.2.0 screen and sits there.

Edit 3: Tried going into safe mode to see what would happen. Got the initial setup screens. Pressed next, next, next, etc. then it rebooted. It stayed at unlock screen for a minute and then rebooted again. Then had the htc incredible white screen go into a reboot loop a couple times. Then it looked like it was going to boot fine, but it didn't. Out of ideas at the moment.

Edit 4: Just going through some saved postings and thought I'd try to manually push the recovery.img from unRevoked using the command "fastboot boot recovery.img". Nothing changed.

Edit 5: Followed the guide by scotty85 at http://androidforums.com/incredible-...ff-htcdev.html and found step I was missing. I now have hboot unlocked and s-off! However, I'm still on the newer hboot version (1.02.0000); should I try and downgrade that? Can I? And if so, how?

Edit 6: Since hboot is now unlocked and I have s-off, I decided to restore an image I made the other day with my old device that got replaced by this one. And of course, that was rebooting as well. So I loaded up a plain, fresh rom and that one is also rebooting.

I'm now convinced that I have bad hardware. I'm trying to un-root it and am not having much luck. I've gotten s-on now again and installed the default recovery. But I can't seem to get GB installed on it no matter what I try. I've tried the SD card way and the RUU, nothing is working.

Heck, right now my phone is stuck at the first htc incredible white screen. Not looking good.
Check out my movie website: http://AfterCredits.com

EAP
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thank You cmlusco

Worked great on my Dinc,
just had to follow all the steps,
thanks again.
I now have root and S-off

lay1994
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i cant access the recovery .When i select the recovery option than a white screen appears withe the htc logo and it remains that for hours..............i have already rooted the bootloader ....i have htc wildfire with hboot 1.02.0000

cmlusco
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 922

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lay1994 View Post
i cant access the recovery .When i select the recovery option than a white screen appears withe the htc logo and it remains that for hours..............i have already rooted the bootloader ....i have htc wildfire with hboot 1.02.0000
This is the htc incredible thread. This may work on your phone, but you would need to find and substute the correct files.

bhatt86
Old
(Last edited by bhatt86; 19th May 2012 at 05:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
So I went and got another Dinc and followed the steps all over again and for some reason everything says it worked but I'm sitting here looking at Unlocked with S-ON w/ hboot-1.02. I'm thinking it may have been an error with unrEVOked so will try it again and see what happens.

Edit: So unrEVOked left me an error after it booted to recovery I got a few errors.
Verifying SD card marker...
SD card marker not found...
Checking internal SD crd marker...
Error verifying extendedcommand.
Error processing ROM Manager script. Please verify you have ROM manager v4.4.0.0 or higher.
/tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log

So does this mean I may need to create a partition on my SD card? From what I remember I didn't have that issue when I rooted my other Dinc so I figured I would throw this out there.

Phone: HTC Droid Incredible
S-OFF; Rooted
Android Version: 2.3.4
HBOOT: 1.02.0000 CWM: 5.0.2.0
Baseband: 2.15.10.07.07
Kernel: 2.6.38.8 incredikernal-ics
PRL: 58006
ROM: IceCream Sense V1.3

cmlusco
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 922

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatt86 View Post
So I went and got another Dinc and followed the steps all over again and for some reason everything says it worked but I'm sitting here looking at Unlocked with S-ON w/ hboot-1.02. I'm thinking it may have been an error with unrEVOked so will try it again and see what happens.

Edit: So unrEVOked left me an error after it booted to recovery I got a few errors.
Verifying SD card marker...
SD card marker not found...
Checking internal SD crd marker...
Error verifying extendedcommand.
Error processing ROM Manager script. Please verify you have ROM manager v4.4.0.0 or higher.
/tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log

So does this mean I may need to create a partition on my SD card? From what I remember I didn't have that issue when I rooted my other Dinc so I figured I would throw this out there.
I would reformat the sdcard, no need for any partitions. Did unrevoked give you root? Also make sure your using unrevoked 3.22 not the latest one.

bhatt86
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I did not achieve root with the UnrEVOked 3.22.

Phone: HTC Droid Incredible
S-OFF; Rooted
Android Version: 2.3.4
HBOOT: 1.02.0000 CWM: 5.0.2.0
Baseband: 2.15.10.07.07
Kernel: 2.6.38.8 incredikernal-ics
PRL: 58006
ROM: IceCream Sense V1.3