Ask a question

No registration required

Looking for a file browser to open books in different apps

OP Lumify

21st March 2012, 06:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
I use Cool Reader to view most of my eBooks because it is the most compatible reader I could find (I have a mutt library). It is also easy to navigate and read, unlike apps like Mantano which have tiny useless buttons all over the place. I don't use Adilko because it forces the user to import books into its library, effectively requiring double the space for eBooks: space for my hand-sorted eBook library, and space for its own library. I use BeamReader to view my PDFs because it's the only app I've found that has a text wrap feature. I haven't picked out a comic viewer yet.

I am looking for a browser that can open all non-PDF books in Cool Reader, PDFs in BeamReader, and comics in a comic viewer. I have tried using Root Explorer to open books, but it only works with BeamReader for PDFs. I think it opens .txt files in its own reader.

Is there any single file browser I can use to open all of my eBooks? I'm open to both free and paid options.
21st March 2012, 07:15 AM   |  #2  
Flag Poznań
Thanks Meter: 125

258 posts
Donate to Me
Have you tried "Rhythm Software File Manager"?
I use it to open every existing format.
Just remember to associate file extensions with the right apps.
I'm sure it works for CR (html,txt,chm), ezPDF (pdf), ebooka pdf (djvu) opera (htm,html,mht), Documents To Go 3.0 (doc,ppt) and so on..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osowiecki For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st March 2012, 10:19 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by osowiecki

Have you tried "Rhythm Software File Manager"?

I just installed it, and I love it. It opens all my files perfectly, it has a great interface, and it even has root r/w support. Thanks for the recommendation!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread