[APP][11.07.08] Diamond Profile Switcher 0.2

Search This thread

sushilange

Aug 18, 2007
Hi guys,

with this tool you can switch between 'volume on' and 'vibrate' by shaking your phone :)

Just run it and click on 'Hide', so that it always run in background.

Please test it and tell me if the sensivity is ok and if it's not drain your battery to much.

Please donate for me! I'm a student and I spend all my free time for developing tools for you!

A cup of coffee for me :)

Received donations
  • 6.00 EUR: Daniel O
  • 4.00 EUR: Arne V
  • 10.00 EUR: Mahmoud K
Thank you very much!

Changelog
  • Version 0.2 (07/11/08 14:10 pm)
    • Vibration feedback (1x long: vibration mode on, 2x short volume on)
    • A lot of settings for parameters. Just play around with them, because it's difficult to explain them.
    • At the moment settings will be lost, after closing my app.
    • application icon added
  • Version 0.1 (07/09/08 18:50 pm)
    • first release
Best regards,
Sascha

Last edited:

horstborsch

Jan 4, 2008
Sounds nice!

But how "hard" do you have to shuffle? I mean can it happen accidentially for example by running with the phone in your pocket?

sushilange

Aug 18, 2007
Sounds nice!

But how "hard" do you have to shuffle? I mean can it happen accidentially for example by running with the phone in your pocket?

That's why it takes so long until i published this app.

I coded it so, that nothing can happend! Only if you shuffle the device, it change to vibrate or back to volume on.

I think it is not possible, that this happens, when you having your phone in your pocket ..... ok i don't know what you are doing the whole day...maybe it is possible :D

daren1

Feb 6, 2008
COOL!

Not to be ungrateful...but would it be possible to write something similar that will put an alarm into "Snooze" mode?

eg...Alarm goes off and instead of me having to navigate through the menu's to stop or snooze, I would just shake it?

horstborsch

Jan 4, 2008
well done!

But is there any notification if you shake it that the status change is preformed?
So if you do it with the screen switched off you need a feedback if it was sucessfull. Maybe one beep for vibrate and two beeps for volume on?

sushilange

Aug 18, 2007
well done!

But is there any notification if you shake it that the status change is preformed?
So if you do it with the screen switched off you need a feedback if it was sucessfull. Maybe one beep for vibrate and two beeps for volume on?

It doesn't work, when the device is in standby!

If the device is on, you see it in title bar.

But i could also add a vibration feedback when switching.

sushilange

Aug 18, 2007
@MonteCristoffOn:
I figured it out by myself, how to use the gsensor.

But at the end it was easier and faster to use the finished api, which was published a few days ago.

Last edited:

neoTheone

Apr 7, 2006
Works great so far!! But one question: Would it be possible to start the app completely in the background like a service? Thanks alot for your work!!

cheers

neoTheone

Apr 7, 2006
very sweet indeed!! I would also vote for a short vibration feedback after switching and customized actions to perform.. Thank you :)

sushilange

Aug 18, 2007
After testing, i figured out, that my app works when the phone is in standby. First i said, that it won't...

In next release i give you the possibilty to change parameters, so that we can find the optimal settings.

KukurikU

Nov 23, 2006
Rehovot
thank you again, i don't know if the "cup of coffee" link is there because of my suggestion (from the thflo3d thread) or it was already there but i think i did good use of it;).
not enough for a mercedes or a new girl friend but sure enough for at least a "six pack":D
thank you!

A

akito

In next release i give you the possibilty to change parameters, so that we can find the optimal settings.

Yes please provider a slider or something to be able to set the sensitivity by ourselves..... cuz sometimes when I shake it, it changes... other times it doesn't :p But the intention of this program: I love it!

dzign-it

Jul 11, 2005
Working Great!!

Awesome App!

i agree with other comments about the below....

As mentioned, a small vibrate or noise ( maybe make a noise when switch to loud, and vibrate it when switch to vibrate ??)

The shake to "wake up" the fone sounds awesome.
also shake to snooze or turn off the alarm.

Also things such as turning the phone over would work well with the alarm functions, and turning off the alarm

How about turn phone over to snooze alarm... shake it to stop alarm ??? :)