[ROM][3/16/12] MIUI ICS v4 2.3.16 BETA [4.0.3][Icy Glitch v14]

Search This thread

iamchrisc

Jul 28, 2011
MIUI.us appears to be having some sync issues atm. Please hold off until the morning. If the sync issues aren't corrected by morning, I'll upload the file to my goo account and post a new link. Sorry guys!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
Strange, it was good for about a half hour and now the md5 doesn't match again

MezManiac

Mar 19, 2012
Chicago
Root download

I was able t odownload the updated version...

It works like a champ, even on my mez. Root is back and everything appear to be running smoothly.
Signal bars are still messed up but not a deal breaker.
Seeing the verizon wireless network in the upper left corner is a bit of an annoyane since im really on the us cellular network, but its making me that more excited for the official mesmerize release.

Nice work

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
I'm wanting to use this so bad but it just doesn't feel complete yet... once the themers are more active and the apps are more stable I'll be switching over. I enjoy watching the updates and keeping up with it though, thanks as usual.

Sent from my AOKP SCH-i500

ThaSik1

Mar 30, 2010
Stark-Vegas
Never thought I'd say this but I'm in love with MIUI now..I use to shun it due to looking too closely to IOS but it really is a beast of it's own breed. Aside from the known bugs listed in the op, the only Issue I've run into involve themes. I have only tried using the most recently released to see if that would weed out the problem, but even with the newer themes, in the sms app, my font color remains black no matter the theme I apply. This makes reading any info from the initial opening of the app nearly impossible for me. Tried googling it but to no avail so I was wondering if this was just a problem with my phone or does it involve the themes still not being made specifically for this version of MIUI? Either way I'm content with leaving this rom on my phone because it's AMAZING! Thanks Web! You and your crew keep up the good work! :)

davidstre

Feb 25, 2009
NYNY
I was wondering if this was just a problem with my phone or does it involve the themes still not being made specifically for this version of MIUI? Either way I'm content with leaving this rom on my phone because it's AMAZING! Thanks Web! You and your crew keep up the good work! :)

Most of the MIUI themes you can find are for gingerbread, and older. It will take some time for theme makers to all get updated to ICS, but it will happen. In the meantime keep playing around with whatever themes you find. You never know what might end up working.

iamchrisc

Jul 28, 2011
Seems like sms lock screen notifications are still broken and only appear after the phone has been unlocked and locked again. I'm guessing this is a v4 bug and not theme incompatibility since the notifications do appear once the phone has been unlocked once.

weblexa

Jun 11, 2011
Spokane, WA
Seems like sms lock screen notifications are still broken and only appear after the phone has been unlocked and locked again. I'm guessing this is a v4 bug and not theme incompatibility since the notifications do appear once the phone has been unlocked once.

My guess is its a v4 bug that still needs to be worked out. Is anybody else experiencing this?

weblexa

Jun 11, 2011
Spokane, WA
Fixed MMS! Will incorporate the fix in Friday's official release, unless you guys want me to upload it now...

mleonm5

Dec 29, 2008

MezManiac

Mar 19, 2012
Chicago
Hey hey hey.... let's all chill out.
If web feels like posting the update now so be it, if not, that's okay too.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA (Mesmerize)
Running Miui v4 2.3.16
Icy Glitch v14 Kernel

weblexa

Jun 11, 2011
Spokane, WA
Whoa guys! Let's all relax a little. I did offer to upload it tonight, if anybody wanted it. I didn't want to keep uploading fix after fix unless there was the want for it, so I posted that post to see if anybody wanted it now. Not a big deal... I wouldn't have offered to upload it tonight if I didn't want to.

My home internet is running extremely slow right now, so I'll upload the fix in the morning.

MezManiac

Mar 19, 2012
Chicago
Idk if this is because I'm using the rom on my mesmerize, but the flash doesn't work when I'm taking a picture. This probably goes along the lines of the torch bug

Running Miui v4 2.3.16
Icy Glitch v14 Kernel

weblexa

Jun 11, 2011
Spokane, WA
Idk if this is because I'm using the rom on my mesmerize, but the flash doesn't work when I'm taking a picture. This probably goes along the lines of the torch bug

Running Miui v4 2.3.16
Icy Glitch v14 Kernel

Camera flash doesn't work on the Fascinate either. Should be fixed by Friday though :)

iamchrisc

Jul 28, 2011
Anyone experiencing random android.phone FCs on 2.3.16? I've only gotten like 4 over the past 3 days and it will just cut off service for about 45 seconds but then come back

MezManiac

Mar 19, 2012
Chicago
Hey guys.
I just went through a normal day of using my phone and when I looked at the battery usage, it said 65 % of the time I "spent without signal." Anyone else having this problem of know a fix??
I'm running the eh09 radio and I know there's the ei20 radio but I heard there is little difference between the two. Could it be that? Also throughout the whole day I was in an area with good signal. I'm just a bit confused. The lowest my signal goes is about -95mb. Best is probably -85mb. Its does fluctuate often though.

Thanks in advance

Running Miui v4 2.3.16
Icy Glitch v14 Kernel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since the official MIUI.us ICS ROM has been released, I will not be watching this thread too closely anymore. I will still check in every once in a while to make sure all questions are answered regarding this version. The official forum for the MIUI.us release can be found here. There is also a forum here on XDA: XDA Forum.

P R E S E N T I N G
    MIUI ICS v4
    Samsung Fascinate

BETA RELEASE

If this is your first time flashing MIUI v4, please read the instructions found here before proceeding: http://goo.gl/8aTyR

Current Version: 2.3.16
    Download: http://tinyw.in/ttVR
    md5: b77d14b92166f53e9e2fc03f758ec5d7

NOTICE: PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM. THERE IS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON HOW TO FLASH. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE STEPS OUTLINED BELOW WILL RESULT IN BRICKING YOUR PHONE. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ODIN READILY AVAILABLE IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG. THE STEPS OUTLINED BELOW ASSUME YOU'RE RUNNING GINGERBREAD MIUI. IF YOU ARE ALREADY RUNNING TEAMHACKSUNG'S CM9, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FLASH THIS NORMALLY.

I have flashed this several times on my Fascinate, so I suspect there won't be any issues with anyone who is experienced in flashing ROMs. With that said, I will not be held responsible for any damage to your phone by flashing this. Flash at your own risk.

MMS WORK-AROUND
    1. Download Set DNS from the Market
    2. Open the app, click on the dropdown box and select Custom
    3. Enter 8.8.8.8 for DNS1 and 66.174.92.214 for DNS2, hit Apply
    4. MMS should now be working

How do I boot into recovery?
    To boot into recovery, open the Updater app, press the menu button, and select Reboot to Recovery

What works:
    Inbound and outbound calling
    Sending and receiving SMS Text Messages
    4-Way Reboot Menu
    USB Storage
    Camera
    3G Data
    Wifi
    MMS (Works with work-around above)
    Themes (you have to add a folder called theme to /data/system/)
    Bluetooth
    Music app
    Gallery
    Backup app
    Alarm clock
    Bluetooth
    MIUI Music app
    Possibly other things

What doesn't work:
    Signal bar sometimes shows no signal when there actually is signal (Better, but still not perfect)
    As of 2.3.16, Root Permissions doesn't work
    GPS
    Probably other things
    Torch App

Changes/Fixes Implemented in This Release:
    Updated ROM to 2.3.16
    Got rid of that Roaming Indicator Off message in the status bar
    Added the MIUI Torch app (doesn't work yet though)

To Do List:
    Fix GPS
    Fix signal bars
    Find a way to make MMS work without having to change the DNS
    Find a way to get themes working without having to manually add the theme folder
    OTA updates
    Am I missing something? Let me know.

I'm working to get this ROM as bug-free as possible. If you guys find any bugs that aren't listed here, please let me know.

jt1134, sbrissen, teamhacksung and everyone else who is responsible for making cm9 a possibility for the Samsung Fascinate. Also, thanks to MIUI China for the awesome ROM.

All my MIUI releases can be found here: http://goo-inside.me/devs/weblexa/miui/
    Got calls/SMS working properly. Just gotta figure out data and wifi, then we should be good to go!

OP updated with link to 2.2.24!

In an attempt to fix MMS for Fascinate users, I may have accidentally broken MMS for Mesmerize users... Sorry.
    I hear ya! Working every spare moment (I don't have a lot of free time) I have trying to get data working on v4. Hopefully soon.

Just got 3G working! I'm doing some testing now. I'll hopefully have a new release uploaded soon. Stay tuned...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
    I am pleased to announce MIUI.us has invited me to work with them. I will now be doing the official MIUI.us port for the Fascinate MIUI ICS ROM. As many of you already know, MIUI.us is a great group of talented developers. My next release will incorporate the MIUI.us bootani, logo, and translations.

Many of you know that dfgas was doing the MIUI.us Fascinate ports. He is moving to another device and will continue to work with MIUI.us.