FORUMS

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

[ACS] [HOW TO] Root, Flash Roms/Kernels/Themes, CWM, and update! (67 videos) 8/7/11

2,748 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,383
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
21st March 2012, 03:45 PM |#241  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Heimdall/Ubuntu/Epic
Hi, I have an Epic 4G and I am just not getting heimdall to recognize my device at all. I have a mac, which is apparently not able to talk to my EPIC via USB. And I have an Ubuntu laptop, which can, but not in download mode. I do not have windows, I removed windows from my laptop.

`adb devices` only recognizes my phone when it's in usb debug mode and not in download mode. `heimdall devices` returns 'failed to detect compatible download-mode device.

this is very frustrating because all i need to freaking do is root my device. everything else seems simple. but these $@#^ing phone companies need to step off and realize that i bought this hardware - it is mine and i should be able to do whatever i please. even if it means removing their stupid NASCAR app. really? a @$#^ing nascar app.
 
 
22nd March 2012, 02:03 PM |#242  
KennyG123's Avatar
RC-RT & Moderator Committees / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 31,048
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcunited001

Hi, I have an Epic 4G and I am just not getting heimdall to recognize my device at all. I have a mac, which is apparently not able to talk to my EPIC via USB. And I have an Ubuntu laptop, which can, but not in download mode. I do not have windows, I removed windows from my laptop.

`adb devices` only recognizes my phone when it's in usb debug mode and not in download mode. `heimdall devices` returns 'failed to detect compatible download-mode device.

this is very frustrating because all i need to freaking do is root my device. everything else seems simple. but these $@#^ing phone companies need to step off and realize that i bought this hardware - it is mine and i should be able to do whatever i please. even if it means removing their stupid NASCAR app. really? a @$#^ing nascar app.

To get Heimdall working check out post 2 in this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1052813

Then you would have to adapt it to install the kernel to allow root.
11th April 2012, 04:11 PM |#243  
swiftstrike763's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Hey guys I just rooted my Epic and I was looking through all the stuff on here and was wondering if it was all up to date and still compatible with my Epic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by swiftstrike763; 11th April 2012 at 05:03 PM.
12th April 2012, 12:40 PM |#244  
KennyG123's Avatar
RC-RT & Moderator Committees / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 31,048
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftstrike763

Hey guys I just rooted my Epic and I was looking through all the stuff on here and was wondering if it was all up to date and still compatible with my Epic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No, qbking77 has not updated this thread in awhile. His latest videos can be found directly on youtube by googling what you are looking for, for instance How to root the Samsung Epic on EL30. He also has a channel on youtube with a list of all his vids. He is just so busy doing so many vids for so many phones (how does he do it?) that I imagine keeping up with all the threads would be quite difficult.
The Following User Says Thank You to KennyG123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2012, 05:00 AM |#245  
swiftstrike763's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Oh I see that makes perfect sense and yes now that I think about it all (at least most) the videos I watched on messing with my phone were his from what I remember. But thanks for the info I'm gonna check out his YouTube channel now

Take care.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA
18th April 2012, 11:49 PM |#246  
wolfen1086's Avatar
Senior Member
Va Beach
Thanks Meter: 312
 
More
qbking77 I have only one thing to say abut you. You are a demigod of Samsung phones All I have right now is root access with the stock Samsung OS, with of course a couple of bloatwares removed, but I'm really thinking of installing the same stuff you guys here have and these videos are user friendly even for a person lie me who still knows what a stamp is
20th April 2012, 09:13 AM |#247  
flastnoles11's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag columbia
Thanks Meter: 4,732
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen1086

qbking77 I have only one thing to say abut you. You are a demigod of Samsung phones All I have right now is root access with the stock Samsung OS, with of course a couple of bloatwares removed, but I'm really thinking of installing the same stuff you guys here have and these videos are user friendly even for a person lie me who still knows what a stamp is

This is why qbking77 is the single most important person to this community... if my niece can root and flash roms on her phone by just watching his videos anybody can... keep in mind this is the girl who still can't figure out the guide on the cable box! Lol

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
20th April 2012, 09:51 PM |#248  
Member
Flag Dover, NJ
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Thumbs up amazing
what an amazing list! Thank you!
25th April 2012, 02:13 AM |#249  
qbking77's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Champaign
Thanks Meter: 5,383
 
Donate to Me
More
Glad these have helped.. You guys are very welcome
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qbking77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2012, 03:14 PM |#250  
TONYSALEM78's Avatar
Member
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
These helped me A LOT.. Glad these are all in one section.
qbking77 glad you do your videos. Couldn't do some things without em.
Also about to watch some vids of yours to pimp out the old ladys Nexus S 4g
Last edited by TONYSALEM78; 27th April 2012 at 03:17 PM.
19th May 2012, 04:57 AM |#251  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
updating to Legendary Rom MTD?
I was wondering if it's possible to update from Legendary Rom 2.2 to MTD with all my apps. I updated and all my apps are gone. I have a back up but how do I go about updating to MTD with all my apps?
Any help would be appreciated!

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes