Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,124 Members 45,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Updated 05-Oct-2008] CRCs Release 14.1 Development Thread - Build 20755

Tip us?

Apancho
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just upgraded my ROM on my 8525 to Windows 6.1, release 12.0, then tried to re-install Live Search. The CAB downloaded successfully, and installed, but cannot open the program. Error message is as follows:

Can't find an Entry Point 'waveInOpen' in a PInvoke DLL 'coredll.dll'.

Any help would be appreciated...

mahd-leb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
this rom is the 1 that was the best for me and fitted wt i need bt am having a problem like i think its maybe application locked ...i copied a filed to start menu and iam tryna take it off and delete bt iam nt able to its giving access denied error dunno y

CRCinAU
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apancho View Post
I just upgraded my ROM on my 8525 to Windows 6.1, release 12.0, then tried to re-install Live Search. The CAB downloaded successfully, and installed, but cannot open the program. Error message is as follows:

Can't find an Entry Point 'waveInOpen' in a PInvoke DLL 'coredll.dll'.

Any help would be appreciated...
Sounds like incompatibility issues with Live Search... the WM6.1 coredll.dll has probably changed, but the application has not..
Hermes ROMs:
WM6.1 based - Stable - Release 13.5 - Released 26-Sep-2009 (Build 20270)

Looking for a Hermes Radio? Try my Radio Repository

Apancho
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCinAU View Post
Sounds like incompatibility issues with Live Search... the WM6.1 coredll.dll has probably changed, but the application has not..
Sorry, I'm new to this kind of development. I believe I understand what you are saying as far as the problem goes...but is there an easy fix, maybe a way to modify the coredll.dll, or am I SOL for now? I'm pretty sure I've heard of people with Windows Mobile 6.1 using Live Search already.... Thanks.

CRCinAU
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apancho View Post
Sorry, I'm new to this kind of development. I believe I understand what you are saying as far as the problem goes...but is there an easy fix, maybe a way to modify the coredll.dll, or am I SOL for now? I'm pretty sure I've heard of people with Windows Mobile 6.1 using Live Search already.... Thanks.
From what I understand, SOL at the moment... See is there is an updated version or something similar...

What is happening is that LS is looking for a function called "waveInOpen" in the file coredll.dll. This obviously doesn't exist in this build of WM6.1, so it's failing.

A newer version may be built against a different DLL that has this function.
Hermes ROMs:

hier0glyphics
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have to say that; I have seen and thoroughly tested a countless number of WM6.1 builds for a “certain” company, (which may or may not be based out of Redmond, WA ) and CRCs WM6.1 v12.0 is hands down one of the most outstanding WM6.1 roms out for the Hermes.

I do have a signed NDA Contact so I am not sure what I can and can’t say (or if I can even post on this forum for that matter)…but I can say in v12.0, you got a lot of things right and in many ways made things better!!

Keep up the great work!!

Please Note: Just because I mentioned that I worked for MS, I want to make it clear that; I am in no way implying that I know more then anyone else about WM6/6.1…nor am I better then anyone or anything like that…

I sincerely, just wanted to further validate the authenticity and awesomeness of CRCs V12.0 rom!!

Also seeing how this is my first post….HI EVERYONE!

CRCinAU
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
Release 12.1 is now available on the mirrors...

Changes:
Release 12.1 (10 Jul 2008):
* Removed useless Zip Viewer from Office CAB
* Updated Modaco NoData
* Defaulted OBEX transfers to ON (previously this was OFF)
* Removed Bluetooth FTP Client (Who really uses this? )

Any issues, please post.
Hermes ROMs:

CRCinAU
Old
(Last edited by CRCinAU; 9th August 2009 at 12:17 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
Oh, and for those wanting to use Live Search - try this version and see if it works... I can't test it as I'm in Australia - and there's no support for my country
Hermes ROMs:

zocster
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCinAU View Post
Oh, and for those wanting to use Live Search - try this version and see if it works... I can't test it as I'm in Australia - and there's no support for my country
It seems that it was going to work if you don't install the 'update' then again I clicked on install and it gave that DLL error again. Oh well we can't have it down here anyway so no point in installing it.

zim2dive
Old
Thanks Meter 44
So far so good with 12.1.

No issues on install, and another excuse to help me tweak my Sashimi setup to restore my installs/settings after ROM flashes (not sure why Sashimi hasn't gotten more coverage in the Hermes forums... shrug).

Any way to update the screen caps in post #4? I have 25.91M free after soft-reset and that is with some stuff installed. For better or worse I think folks do shop ROMs by the advertised memory footprint.

Still trying to understand how the dialers work. Flashed over from the latest DVH ROM, and the dialer there had no good way to get to contacts (until you had made and terminated a call)...installed multiple other dialers (maybe they were just skins over the same functionality) and never could remedy. Very much like that this dialer has the Contacts button from the get-go (might seem silly, but its the little things in life)
Device 1: Nexus 5 16GB (stock)
Device 2: Nexus7 (2013) 16GB (unlocked/rooted/TWRP/Stock ROM) (Poetic slimline case, Snugg on pre-order)
Device 3: Vizio Co-Star (stock)
Device 4: Logitech Revue (stock)