Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Cm9 in xperia x8

OP xperiafan13

4th January 2012, 01:21 AM   |  #11  
naim.kamiya's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 28
 
143 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
read the rule before open new thread.

and search before open new thread.
there is similar thread like this in Q&A section .
4th January 2012, 05:56 AM   |  #12  
KASHYAP9's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag NCR
Thanks Meter: 123
 
284 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by milenkokg

People, for ics on x8 needs very hardly work and luck. Because many things. We now with custom kernel(182mb ram) don't have enough memory for fully experience 2.3.7 Rom. And processor?....If you think real,best for x8 is fully working froyo and froyo kernel.

Sent from my E15i using XDA App

I am 100% agree with you. Even I think so.
Our X8's Hardware is almost perfect for FROYO not gingerbread and ICS.

Most of Users Overclock their X8 while using Gingerbread ROMs because X8's CPU is only 600 MHZ which is a small clock speed for Gingerbread. Also overclocking is HARMFUL to processor.

In FROYO roms there is no need of Overclocking as it runs smoothly even on 600MHZ.

And also use tweaks for more free RAM in Gingerbread ROMS and hardly they get

approx. 95MB FREE in Custom KERNEL using TASK KILLER
approx. 80MB RREE in STOCK KERNEL using TASK KILLER.

And in FROYO ROMS with STOCK KERNEL without task Killer 75MB free and by using task killer 110 MB free.
AND I THINK on FROYO custom Kernel it will have 120 MB free which will be best for our X8.


NOTE:- ICS on X8 will be just like WINDOWS 7 running on 256MB RAM and 1GHZ processor.
4th January 2012, 08:38 AM   |  #13  
Junior Member
Flag Frederikshavn
Thanks Meter: 6
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
I'd very much love to see ICS running on our X8's, but at the same time I'm in serious doubt about if it can be done or not - taking our awesome dev's in consideration, of course. We(our beloved developers) have achived alot for such a small phone, though I must say, this is where the road for our X8 must come to an end. Simply 'cause the hardware is insufficient for the software to run on it.. But there's alot more things that needs to be taken in consideration, than the single aspect that I looked at.

I don't want to disbelief, so I don't - but I doubt it, and admit that the X8 is near the very end when talking about software upgrades..
4th January 2012, 06:28 PM   |  #14  
Papun's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
197 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by KASHYAP9

.ICS on X8 will be just like WINDOWS 7 running on 256MB RAM and 1GHZ processor.

I agree with you 100%
4th January 2012, 06:51 PM   |  #15  
jahlovePL's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gdynia
Thanks Meter: 643
 
519 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
@to all - it's not about processor, but memory
4th January 2012, 08:46 PM   |  #16  
Member
Flag NCR
Thanks Meter: 14
 
79 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KASHYAP9

I am 100% agree with you. Even I think so.
Our X8's Hardware is almost perfect for FROYO not gingerbread and ICS.

Most of Users Overclock their X8 while using Gingerbread ROMs because X8's CPU is only 600 MHZ which is a small clock speed for Gingerbread. Also overclocking is HARMFUL to processor.

In FROYO roms there is no need of Overclocking as it runs smoothly even on 600MHZ.

And also use tweaks for more free RAM in Gingerbread ROMS and hardly they get

approx. 95MB FREE in Custom KERNEL using TASK KILLER
approx. 80MB RREE in STOCK KERNEL using TASK KILLER.

And in FROYO ROMS with STOCK KERNEL without task Killer 75MB free and by using task killer 110 MB free.
AND I THINK on FROYO custom Kernel it will have 120 MB free which will be best for our X8.


NOTE:- ICS on X8 will be just like WINDOWS 7 running on 256MB RAM and 1GHZ processor.

You know what Windows 7 has 32 bit version,
ICS can be reduced to full fill X8 requirements.
4th January 2012, 09:20 PM   |  #17  
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 34
 
438 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KASHYAP9

I am 100% agree with you. Even I think so.
Our X8's Hardware is almost perfect for FROYO not gingerbread and ICS.

Most of Users Overclock their X8 while using Gingerbread ROMs because X8's CPU is only 600 MHZ which is a small clock speed for Gingerbread. Also overclocking is HARMFUL to processor.

In FROYO roms there is no need of Overclocking as it runs smoothly even on 600MHZ.

And also use tweaks for more free RAM in Gingerbread ROMS and hardly they get

approx. 95MB FREE in Custom KERNEL using TASK KILLER
approx. 80MB RREE in STOCK KERNEL using TASK KILLER.

And in FROYO ROMS with STOCK KERNEL without task Killer 75MB free and by using task killer 110 MB free.
AND I THINK on FROYO custom Kernel it will have 120 MB free which will be best for our X8.


NOTE:- ICS on X8 will be just like WINDOWS 7 running on 256MB RAM and 1GHZ processor.

You can't even install windows 7 on 256 ram, you need at least 512
I think that with some tweaks and some useless parts taken off, ICS will be able to run on X8 like gingerbread does. Plus, their requierments are the same...
Last edited by bogdan_mihai554; 4th January 2012 at 09:41 PM.
21st March 2012, 10:36 PM   |  #18  
neo_na's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think any new android OS can be ported to whatever device you want. Like some people have said above, you've got to scrap functions that require high processor power and more RAM and other hardware power which X8 doesn't have. It can be ported in a way that it will run optimized for X8 hardware.

Google drops devices from upgrades is because it won't give consumers a new reason to buy a new phone if they offer upgrades to all available android devices (or it maybe the hardware manufacturer dropping the device from upgrades) As you all know, it would have been totally ok to give X8 an official froyo upgrade, but sony ericsson dropped X8 with 2.1 eclair.

When it comes to porting CM versions also, the same thing applies, they prefer to drop devices when it gets too old and focus on newer devices.
22nd March 2012, 03:20 AM   |  #19  
chbea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Selangor
Thanks Meter: 20
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_na

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think any new android OS can be ported to whatever device you want. Like some people have said above, you've got to scrap functions that require high processor power and more RAM and other hardware power which X8 doesn't have. It can be ported in a way that it will run optimized for X8 hardware.

Google drops devices from upgrades is because it won't give consumers a new reason to buy a new phone if they offer upgrades to all available android devices (or it maybe the hardware manufacturer dropping the device from upgrades) As you all know, it would have been totally ok to give X8 an official froyo upgrade, but sony ericsson dropped X8 with 2.1 eclair.

When it comes to porting CM versions also, the same thing applies, they prefer to drop devices when it gets too old and focus on newer devices.

good talk. they all wan $$ only. force we update new and expensive phone.
22nd March 2012, 02:17 PM   |  #20  
RohinZaraki's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Batu Pahat, Johor
Thanks Meter: 3,740
 
7,090 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
Its nice to see X8 users taking things into consideration but you guys do know that if people keep pestering devs for cm9, you can kiss a fully working version of it goodbye ? Take paul-xxx's cm9 thread for i.e....he's had to open three threads so far because 2/3 threads were spammed with pointless crap and repeated questions...keep doing so and he may drop support for the x8 altogether...i've been to the x10, x10 mini and x10 mini pro threads and the amount of maturity they have there is so high, it makes the x8 thread look like a kindergarten full of whiny kids...please, to anyone who read this, please remember this...devs can do anything at all !!! I dont have to show you that to make you understand, just look around you or in your hand..but remember, devs always ask themselves, " Is this worth it ? Is all the stress, demands and complaints really worth it ? Do i want to start developing everyday after reading trolls hating on my rom ?", everytime they take on a project...so cm9 or 7 or whatever wont be a prob, its if our devs still have it in their hearts to support us...and believe me, i registered in sept. and since then ive seen many people leave the x8 scene due to our immaturity...

Sent from my X8 using Tapatalk
Last edited by RohinZaraki; 22nd March 2012 at 02:19 PM.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RohinZaraki For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
discussion on cm9, gingerbread, ics for xperia x8 xperia, shakira, xperia x88
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes