Dead screen when trying to end the call

Tip us?

darkeingel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Default Dead screen when trying to end the call

Hello all,

I have a sim-unlocked T-Mobile HD7 that I've upgraded to latest 8107 some time ago via cab-sender.

Officially T-Mobile doesn't support 7720+ afaik.

The only problem that I have is that the screen remains black after I take the phone away from my face/ear. Also the screen automatically goes black when I hit dial although it's not near my face/ear.

Is anyone know how can I fix this?

I had this stupid bug on a intermediate build before Mango on an unlocked HD7, but when the official ROM for HD7 come out, it was solved. Now I'm stuck again with it...

Kind regards,
Alex.

_________________not anymore_________________

HTC G1 - 2.2 - Rooted - Cyanogen
Nexus One - Stock - Rooted - 2.3.3
Nexus S - Rooted - 2.3.6
Blackberry 9700 - OS6 - Hybrid - BIS
HD7 - Locked - Mango 7720.
HD7 TMOUS - SIMUNLOCKED - 8107 - Locked.
iPhone 4S - 6.1.2 - evad3rs - jailbr0ken.
Lumia 720 WP 8 - Amber

_________________ current ______________________
MOTO G - 4.4.2 - Greenify'd & Rooted

des519
Old
Thanks Meter 10
mine has exactly the same problem
I loaded ansar's Newtech 8107 ROM and then deepshining v7.3 ROM (also 8107) which I still have.
I have noticed that the 2 ROMs have attentive phone embedded - settings, scroll down to see attentive phone.
Attentive phone uses the light sensor a lot, and if you have a case for your phone slide it out a bit and the screen will light up when you are on a call.
The light sensor is to the left of the htc logo on the screen, and if you cover that area it thinks you have put it to your ear or pocket and switches off the screen.
I tried disabling all options in attentive phone, and would like to know how to uninstall the app but there is no option from settings.....anyone?

reeg420
Old
Thanks Meter 56
If you sideload an older attentive phone xap. One that installed in the app list you might be able to uninstall it from there. Works for advanced config.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

saKerXing
Old
Thanks Meter 0
When i got this problem , i just lock the screen and unlock again,always can awake the touch function.