Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 44,107 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.3+] Obsqr 2.6 Beta

Tip us?

trikita
Old
(Last edited by trikita; 18th July 2014 at 07:44 PM.) Reason: New beta version (2.6)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default [APP][2.3+] Obsqr 2.6 Beta

Have you ever been annoyed with extra options in a QR code reader when you just want it to scan QR and show the result? This was the reason why I started to develop my own light and clear QR reader - Obsqr.

Obsqr features in a nutshell:
  • can scan QR codes of the following types: URL, e-mail, geolocation, Android Market link, phone number, sms, contact information and plain text.
  • open-source ( find the sources here - https://bitbucket.org/trikita/obsqr )
  • is based on the zbar lib
  • ad-free
  • can be ran on x86 Android devices
  • English, Russian, Swedish, Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, German and Turkish localization. If you can speak other languages and would like to help with the translation - let me know!

Obsqr on Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=trikita.obsqr

Feel free to contact me if you have any suggestions on this app!

NEW It's been a while since we last updated this app. Now after a big refactoring a new update is coming. You will notice new almost-Material design and some other changes, and of course new bugs. So if you would like to become a beta-tester - please, join the Trikita community https://plus.google.com/communities/...09699012391832 and follow this link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/trikita.obsqr

After we ensure that v2.6 is stable enough - we will publish that one and will work on QRs with mixed content (e.g. text containing URLs or emails) making Obsqr better than ever!

Attached Files
File Type: apk obsqr-release-2.5.apk - [Click for QR Code] (162.6 KB, 334 views)
File Type: apk obsqr-fat-release-2.6.apk - [Click for QR Code] (369.6 KB, 26 views)
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to trikita For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arjcba
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Hey,
Installed and approved.
Very good app, congrats!

Why it stretch the camera?

trikita
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Thanks for information!
On my device it's hard to notice. Suppose, a camera and screen ratio are very different on your device.
I think I should crop the photo image to fit a screen ratio in the future versions.
The Following User Says Thank You to trikita For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

trikita
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
I've fixed ratio problem. Now it doesn't stretch camera preview (since release version 2.3).
Attached Files
File Type: apk obsqr-release-2.3.apk - [Click for QR Code] (150.9 KB, 280 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trikita For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arjcba
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikita View Post
I've fixed ratio problem. Now it doesn't stretch camera preview (since release version 2.3).
Working great now, thanks for the fix

conantroutman
Old
Moderator Committee / XDA Portal Team - Title Under Construction. Please Pardon Our Dust
Thanks Meter 7012
Thanks for this. It's nice to find an application that just does what it's meant to without lots of unneeded options.

"If Diane Young won't change your mind......"

HTC HD2, Samsung Galaxy SII, Note II, Nexus 7 2012 & Motorola Xoom

comentator
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hey,
for me apps like QRDroid where bound to my search Button on my phone..
But your app does not show up on that App list wenn i hold the Search Button, could you add that feature
Nethertheless this is by far the best QR Code scanner i've been using I hate how all the others are bloated with features no one wants

noonereallycares
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It is a pleasant surprise to have an app that doesn't require a shopping list of permissions to perform a simple task.

I am a fan before I even finished the install.

liqar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Fantastic work, my friend! I get all happy inside when I come across simple minimalistic apps that can do what they're intended to do AND do it better than other bloated ones.

There has to be a way to implement this into the main main AOSP camera app. IMO functionality like that has been missing for quite some time. Maybe you can contact and work with whoever develops camera mods for the Cyanogen team? I dunno...

njankit
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikita View Post
Hey, I've a phone with qHD screen and version 2.3 doesn't work for me.