FORUMS

Nexus & Cookies: A More Focused Direction?

It is that time of the year again, and we are approaching the day where Android fans all over … more

LG G4 US Carrier Release Dates

The LG G4 was announced on April 29th with its Snapdragon 808 SoC, a welcomed change from its higher-end … more

Microsoft Reaches Pre-Install Agreement With New OEMs

As of late, Microsoft has been making a subtle but widespread play into the … more

Discover XDA: Discover Greater

We’ve all been there at some point in our XDA lives; we used to spend hours browsing over the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Evo 4G case updates - Ballistic SG, Otterbox Commuter, CaseMate Tough

8th March 2012, 04:35 PM |#21  
OP Junior Member
Central AL
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I just noticed that HC cases are no longer available through the Ballistic site only the SG cases.
If you need one, check Amazon or Ebay.
 
 
20th March 2012, 12:55 AM |#22  
gronimo21's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag WINTER PARK,FL
Thanks Meter: 147
 
Donate to Me
More
All my cases have been ballistic I say get it

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA
20th March 2012, 07:06 PM |#23  
Senior Member
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 144
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwerl

I just noticed that HC cases are no longer available through the Ballistic site only the SG cases.
If you need one, check Amazon or Ebay.

If you try to get an HC off ebay, ask if the screen protector has a matte finish underneath or if its slick. The first ones had the slick finish which gave you that sticky bubble look against a stock or non-matte screen protector. The revision had a glossy outer finish and matte inner finish so it wouldn't stick, so your device can be naked inside.

I broke my first one by constantly taking it off by grabbing the bottom and pulling up without twisting it laterally to get the clips to disengage, so it ended up snapping the frame of the front piece. When i got another one it had a matte inner surface for the screen protector.
20th March 2012, 08:09 PM |#24  
OP Junior Member
Central AL
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrossev

If you try to get an HC off ebay, ask if the screen protector has a matte finish underneath or if its slick. The first ones had the slick finish which gave you that sticky bubble look against a stock or non-matte screen protector. The revision had a glossy outer finish and matte inner finish so it wouldn't stick, so your device can be naked inside.

I broke my first one by constantly taking it off by grabbing the bottom and pulling up without twisting it laterally to get the clips to disengage, so it ended up snapping the frame of the front piece. When i got another one it had a matte inner surface for the screen protector.

My outer screen protector never bubbled but I took it off anyway. It interfered with touch slightly and when I took the front off to clean it, I pressed a little too hard on the screen protector and it started to come undone from the frame. It would stick back with the type of glue used but I decided I didn't need much water resistance since I never kept the phone in the silicone shell and still had the inner screen protector anyway.
22nd March 2012, 04:27 PM |#25  
X~Reaver~X's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Bremen, IN
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
To prevent my case screen from bubbling against the screen I used the thin no-glare screen protector from sprint on my phone. Then upgraded my case to the otterbox defender and left the screen cover on. I have had no issues with the touch not sensing unless I talk for a long time on a hot day. But that happens without the case too. Only thing I hate about this case is the crappy cheap plastic stand. Was worthless to even put on the case in my opinion.
5th April 2012, 01:13 AM |#26  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
My Commuter case tore as I was pulling it from my pocket and I lost the flap that covers the bottom ports on the phone. I emailed Otterbox explaining the situation and they offered to send me a brand new one, which is now on it's way.
How can you argue with such great customer service?
5th April 2012, 02:35 AM |#27  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Wow! Seidio would never offer to do that! I can't get them to do anything without FIRST sending back my defective case or holster, then wait almost two weeks to get the replacement. It seems like Seidio could learn a thing or two from Otterbox' customer service.

Perhaps I'll go with Otterbox from now on.
5th April 2012, 11:40 AM |#28  
OP Junior Member
Central AL
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I think Ballistic cases are more durable in general especially compared to the Otterbox Commuter. Their customer service is also good.
12th April 2012, 05:44 AM |#29  
DCWS6's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
The Trident Electra Series Case with extended 2800ma battery is great. The case is similar to otterbox defender series, but better constructed. I have both and the Trident is far superior.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA
15th April 2012, 04:45 AM |#30  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCWS6

The Trident Electra Series Case with extended 2800ma battery is great. The case is similar to otterbox defender series, but better constructed. I have both and the Trident is far superior.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

How much did you pay for yours?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes