5,599,394 Members 38,025 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Full root for A10x and A5xx ICS. Simple method.

Tip us?

BrothaJINC
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Got everything working now exept rom manager wont run fix permissions, it just show the background..... any help, thanks

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium
BrothaJINC.. Wanna Get High?...
Droid Bionic***sold
Droid X***sold
Samsung Galaxy Nexus****broke
Droid Razr White****broke
Droid 1 ****broke
IPhone 4S 32gb Black***sold
Samsung Galaxy s Fascinate****broke

G'Zone Casio****IN USE***
Tablets:
Acer Iconia A100 ***sold
ASUS Transformer TF101****USING

toyface
Old
Thanks Meter 56
[QUOTE=BrothaJINC;23806691]Got everything working now exept rom manager wont run fix permissions, it just show the background..... any help, thanks

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium[/QUOTE

I didn't think that rom manager could do much without booting into CWM? Either way install/open terminal emulator, run su, then run
mount -o remount, rw /system/

This sorted by problem installing the Chainfire driver.

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

tidewaterns
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Wanted to thank you for this rooted access and ICS rom. I wanted to know what is working and what is not? I just bought my tab and I am wanting to get ICS on it and I wanted see what was working. Like on my G2x the camcorder, Netflix, and hulu do not work at all and I was seeing if there was similar issues here.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
Acer Iconia Tab A100
Cyanogenmod 10

T-Mobile G2x - Sold
My Touch 3G 32B - Sold

If this post helped you in anyway, please click the thanks button at the bottom of this post. Thank you!!

memfus_boi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
This might be a stupid question..... but i don't have ICS on my a100 but will this work on my tablet? i'm still kinda new to this because im used to my EVO, R.I.P. 2010-2011, lol

Theonew
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by memfus_boi View Post
This might be a stupid question..... but i don't have ICS on my a100 but will this work on my tablet? i'm still kinda new to this because im used to my EVO, R.I.P. 2010-2011, lol
The title does say: Full root for A100 ICS - So....

raphsabb
Old
(Last edited by raphsabb; 22nd March 2012 at 10:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
I need a little help. Seems i am rooted fine, i was able to unlock the bootloader, i was able to put the custom build.prop, any app that needs root gets it. But superuser fails when trying to update and i cant edit build.prop. i did the terminal remount command which worx fine since i get no errors, but i cant write to /system/ files tho

Help

Update: while waiting for an answer, i made the changes in the terminal with vi since i knew su was working fine in there, but it seems the remount command doesnt help me with es file exporer. I was rooted on HC before updating, not sure if this is whats screwing me over.
Sent from my A100 using tapatalk

BrothaJINC
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphsabb View Post
I need a little help. Seems i am rooted fine, i was able to unlock the bootloader, i was able to put the custom build.prop, any app that needs root gets it. But superuser fails when trying to update and i cant edit build.prop. i did the terminal remount command which worx fine since i get no errors, but i cant write to /system/ files tho

Help

Update: while waiting for an answer, i made the changes in the terminal with vi since i knew su was working fine in there, but it seems the remount command doesnt help me with es file exporer. I was rooted on HC before updating, not sure if this is whats screwing me over.
Sent from my A100 using tapatalk
I believe that if u are having problem then do a hard reset and put on the ics rom in the devolopment..........

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium
BrothaJINC.. Wanna Get High?...
Droid Bionic***sold
Droid X***sold
Samsung Galaxy Nexus****broke
Droid Razr White****broke
Droid 1 ****broke
IPhone 4S 32gb Black***sold
Samsung Galaxy s Fascinate****broke

G'Zone Casio****IN USE***
Tablets:
Acer Iconia A100 ***sold
ASUS Transformer TF101****USING

Captain Hilts
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hilts View Post
I tried this but keep getting the following error when I try to run the Windows batch file:

'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command

That message is repeated a few times and then it says that the file "mempodroid" isn't created. It sounds like it can't find the adb.exe for some reason.

I have tried the above by extracting the entire contents of the .zip file to my A100 using the Windows unzip tool and by using ES Zip Viewer in Android and I get the same result. Any ideas?
Anyone have any idea about how I can resolve this? I've found references to people having this error on other devices but their solutions haven't worked for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Hilts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ZeroNull
Old
(Last edited by ZeroNull; 23rd March 2012 at 07:11 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 374
Quote:
Anyone have any idea about how I can resolve this? I've found references to people having this error on other devices but their solutions haven't worked for me.
How you start the Windows batch file? It is necessary to click a key of a mouse on the Windows batch file.
The Following User Says Thank You to ZeroNull For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oneovakindoldys2
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
It sounds like you may be clicking on the batch file while you are in fastboot or apx mode...?? Try opening a command prompt and typing in [adb] ....and then [adb devices] before clicking the batch file and see what happens. If that don't work feel free to contact me if you'de like. good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to oneovakindoldys2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]