Thanks Meter 99
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Somewhere In Idaho
Originally Posted by eSu.Matix
I wasn't at home when I post this tread and I needed a fast answer. You could save me hours of reading withing 2 min and few lines but anyway. Thank you for your spent time posting remark. I will still appreciate if someone manage to answer my questions.
Whoa, a member from BG? Strahotno!
Okay, I'll try to help because I'm a nice guy. But this has
all been covered before.
1. Read the n00b guide. It's stickied.
- How do you feel in general for your Atrix?
Love it. After a few tweaks (mostly just the raindrop fix) I think it's great.
- Does Motorola plan to unlock the bootloader?
Nope. Not gonna happen officially. There is a workaround though.
- Does Motorola plan to update Atrix to 4.0 ICS? (I guess so cause now Motorola is owned by Google but I'm not sure)
For ATT, yes. For international, probably.
- Are there really complete and stable 3rd part ROMs for Atrix in XDA.
There are some. They are complete. They are mostly stable. Read the Android Dev section.
- Would you advice me to buy another phone instead of Atrix for the same amount of money?
Nope. Maybe the SGS2, it's a toss-up.
- I heard that Atrix's display fills with dust over time and it cannot be cleaned which is really annoying.
Never had that problem in either of the two I've had.
- How do you feel about build quality of Atrix. Is it easy to break/scratch/crack cause I use to drop my phone very often, about once every month or so and I already have some minor damages over my XT720.
Strong, although it pains me to think about dropping mine. Put a case on it. Even with Gorilla Glass the screen will scratch. I have had a screen protector on my replacement one since day one.
Samsung GS3 - Stock ATT I747UCDLK3 (sometimes)
Motorola Atrix 4G - CM10 (Rooted, BL-Unlocked, SIM-Unlocked) (sold)
ATRIX LapDock (sold)
HTC FUZE (RAPH110) (sold)
HTC Juno (modded to WM6.5) (sold)
iPod Touch 1G (jailbroken) (retired)
Axim X51v (modded to WM6) (sold)
Axim X5 Advanced (sold)
Palm i705 (ugh, traded)