Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM] Unofficial Cyanogenmod 7.2 (UPDATE) (Full maintenance release)

OP alquez

22nd March 2012, 06:09 PM   |  #1311  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 71

271 posts
Problem was that every app installed except market.

Back on topic can't wait for new update as it puts sense ron's to shame the performance and space gained is great. My friend can actually play games smooth unlike the sense filled *gaming rom* he had.

Sent from Atrix 4g Neutrino 2.5p
22nd March 2012, 07:39 PM   |  #1312  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,933

509 posts
If you refer to my rom. idc I dont like cm7 either. only what I like about it is crt and lcd color manipulation and little speed. The rest launcher, lockscreen, apps is crap can't be daily use to me. unless its a cm9 maybe I will like it I hope not. Also I dont want to install launcher and lockscreen memory hogger apps and icon themes etc. also cm7 eats batteries. I can play in my rom even Asphalt 5, so no problem for me.
Last edited by einstein.frat; 22nd March 2012 at 07:47 PM.
22nd March 2012, 07:44 PM   |  #1313  
Thanks Meter: 133

357 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by einstein.frat

If you refer to my rom. idc I dont like cm7 either. only what I like about it is crt and lcd color manipulation and little speed. The rest launcher, lockscreen is crap can't be daily use to me. unless its a cm9 maybe I will like it I hope not. Also I dont want to install launcher and lockscreen memory hogger apps and icon themes etc.

The render effects are designed to be used with an OLED display and won't save any battery life on the WFS's display. Also the CRT screen-off animation is a stock feature of AOSP gingerbread, not a feature special to CM7.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thrawed For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2012, 01:53 PM   |  #1314  
Flag Kotkapura
Thanks Meter: 12

50 posts
More
GPS is fixed for CM users...
GPS is fixed for CM user... just read this post and apply no need to flash any zip....
It is amazing...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=234

Thank you...
24th March 2012, 07:18 PM   |  #1315  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 836

330 posts
Donate to Me
As promised, new build lives on googlecode
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to alquez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2012, 07:48 PM   |  #1316  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 2,154

4,189 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alquez

As promised, new build lives on googlecode

Working like a dream great update just need the sio scheduler and a few governors I can send you the working files

Sent from my Wildfire S using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
24th March 2012, 08:17 PM   |  #1317  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 233

941 posts
More
So hardware acceleration is working now?
Couse,all cm 7.2 based roms are 2x slower and more laggy then sense rome's on my wildfire-s ...Tnx for the new update
24th March 2012, 08:31 PM   |  #1318  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 836

330 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by aigaming

So hardware acceleration is working now?
Couse,all cm 7.2 based roms are 2x slower and more laggy then sense rome's on my wildfire-s ...Tnx for the new update

2x slower? Isn't that a little bit of exaggeration? Have you measured that? You know there's a big difference between 60fps and 30fps which is 2x slower

No offence, but try to be precise. If i were a new user, and i was thinking about giving this rom a shot, and i read "2x slower and more laggy" i would be like "Omg, that's awfull. This rom must be crawling, why would anyone use that, screw this crap" XD

Anyway, the hardware acceleration was working, but there were bugs related to closed source libs. This update tries to fix that.
Last edited by alquez; 24th March 2012 at 08:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to alquez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2012, 08:54 PM   |  #1319  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 499

921 posts
More
whoaaaa hold on a second. I thought GPU hardware acceleration was an Android 4.0+ only feature?
24th March 2012, 08:57 PM   |  #1320  
Flag Kent/London
Thanks Meter: 449

1,064 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alquez

2x slower? Isn't that a little bit of exaggeration? Have you measured that? You know there's a big difference between 60fps and 30fps which is 2x slower

No offence, but try to be precise. If i were a new user, and i was thinking about giving this rom a shot, and i read "2x slower and more laggy" i would be like "Omg, that's awfull. This rom must be crawling, why would anyone use that, screw this crap" XD

Anyway, the hardware acceleration was working, but there were bugs related to closed source libs. This update tries to fix that.

Totally agree.

This is by far the best available rom for the wildfire s at present and since it was released a long long time ago.

And bar far the most up to date thanks to 'the great one' no not Wayne Gretzky, Alquez lol.

Alquez good job man thanks.:thumbup:

Edit: not saying that other roms ain't good, there is a few great roms out there, its personal choice.
Last edited by intel007; 24th March 2012 at 09:17 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to intel007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread