OP Hashcode

22nd March 2012, 11:06 AM   |  #1371  
Flag Central NJ
Thanks Meter: 208

795 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord

really looking forward to this. To me, this is the holy grail! Just need the camera working and I'm good to go. Camera's too important to me.

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

hmm, just noticed that there's a camera fix here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1510485

so it looks like I'd just be missing bluetooth and video camera. I MIGHT be able to live with that, short term. other ICS features that I've never had before, I can continue to not have.

(actually, post 2 makes it look like bluetooth works for calls. that's all I need it for! can someone confirm?)

if that is working, that just leaves the video camera not working.

all the "known issues" I can live with. Except maybe one. So - lastly, and most importantly, how bad are these GSM issues? How crippling are they and how frequently do they arise?

Camera fixes are rolled into this rom.Bluetooth is ok for me.I use it for music all the time.camcorder isn't working yet.

This is a wonderful rom that had been my daily driver since last year.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk
22nd March 2012, 01:48 PM   |  #1372  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 239

889 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

really looking forward to this. To me, this is the holy grail! Just need the camera working and I'm good to go. Camera's too important to me.

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

hmm, just noticed that there's a camera fix here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1510485

so it looks like I'd just be missing bluetooth and video camera. I MIGHT be able to live with that, short term. other ICS features that I've never had before, I can continue to not have.

(actually, post 2 makes it look like bluetooth works for calls. that's all I need it for! can someone confirm?)

if that is working, that just leaves the video camera not working.

all the "known issues" I can live with. Except maybe one. So - lastly, and most importantly, how bad are these GSM issues? How crippling are they and how frequently do they arise?

I switched to AOKP after running CM9 nightlies for about a week due to the GSM issues. I can't comment on the bluetooth, since I sold my car I have not had many uses for it. So far running on XT860 aokp is great. No restart required for over 24 hours.

Sent from my XT860 on CM9 using xda premium
22nd March 2012, 06:03 PM   |  #1373  
Thanks Meter: 8

192 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koftheworld

Camera fixes are rolled into this rom.Bluetooth is ok for me.I use it for music all the time.camcorder isn't working yet.

This is a wonderful rom that had been my daily driver since last year.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

I take it you aren't a GSM user then?

Dang, this is so tough.... I am torn. I guess I'll just give it a try and find out myself how bad the gsm issues are.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using XDA
22nd March 2012, 06:14 PM   |  #1374  
Thanks Meter: 33

142 posts
More
Quote:

I take it you aren't a GSM user then?

Dang, this is so tough.... I am torn. I guess I'll just give it a try and find out myself how bad the gsm issues are.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using XDA

Been using the 3/16 build from this page: http://blog.hash-of-codes.com/downlo...3/cyanogenmod/

Running on tmobile gsm, not had a single connection issue, been sending texts like mad, havent tried calling people yet.
22nd March 2012, 07:12 PM   |  #1375  
Thanks Meter: 7

153 posts
More
I just went from CM7 to CM9 a couple days ago and to my surprise I use adobe flash way more than I realized. Is there any fix for this yet??
22nd March 2012, 07:29 PM   |  #1376  
Thanks Meter: 21

207 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danifunker

I switched to AOKP after running CM9 nightlies for about a week due to the GSM issues. I can't comment on the bluetooth, since I sold my car I have not had many uses for it. So far running on XT860 aokp is great. No restart required for over 24 hours.

I am a GSM user in Canada with XT862 on AOKP (03/16), and the following (similar to Rick#2's patch) worked for me (taken from AOKP thread):

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeusfr

For gsm user, this is solution and all works well :

install safestrap
format data, cache and system
install aokp and gapps
reboot without sim card in the phone
edit build.prop with rootexplorer or other :

# Default network type.
# 7 => Global Phone (4 => CDMA).
ro.telephony.default_network=3 (instead of 7 or 4)

# BEGIN Moto,IKDROIDPRO-430, a17673
# Feature33857 on DroidWE, support DualMode switch, UMTS/CDMA
ro.mot.FTR.33857=false (instead of true)
# END IKDROIDPRO-430

# BEGIN Moto, IKSTABLETWO-1284, nfjb73
# without this property, the lock screen would take global phone as UMTS
# block user to operate before setup
keyguard.no_require_sim =false (instead of true)
# End Moto

save build.prop after this change

new step, enter *#*#4636#*#* into the dialer. Then goto "Phone Information". Near the bottom of that screen there's a drop down of network preference. For GSM-ONLY use GSM (PRL). Exit that screen and reboot the phone.

shut off phone, insert your sim card and boot the phone.....

thanks to hashcode and all over.

Everything is working perfectly except for some things that require HW acceleration. Blu-tooth is working well I use it in my car all the time. I personally have not encountered the "loss of audio by enabling blu-tooth" issue but others have. Make sure that if you're using Titanium backup, you can recover apps, but try to limit the data you're recovering to blutooth/wifi connections. I found that every time I recovered ALL data I kept getting phone FC's in several instances and phone would be in FC mayhem.
Last edited by pm2gonzales; 22nd March 2012 at 07:32 PM.
23rd March 2012, 07:54 AM   |  #1377  
Thanks Meter: 8

192 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm2gonzales

I am a GSM user in Canada with XT862 on AOKP (03/16), and the following (similar to Rick#2's patch) worked for me (taken from AOKP thread):

Everything is working perfectly except for some things that require HW acceleration. Blu-tooth is working well I use it in my car all the time. I personally have not encountered the "loss of audio by enabling blu-tooth" issue but others have. Make sure that if you're using Titanium backup, you can recover apps, but try to limit the data you're recovering to blutooth/wifi connections. I found that every time I recovered ALL data I kept getting phone FC's in several instances and phone would be in FC mayhem.

I installed CM9 after everyone eased my concerns today. It all seemed to go well. Only problem is, CM9 is behaving the exact same way CM7 did back when I tried to install it on my D2G:

Quote:

- phone can make calls and receive texts with no problem, but cannot get data. wifi also works.
- went into wireless settings, mobile networks, access point names, nothing shows up. Clicked "add APN". entered the APN info that had worked for me before at the past two junctions. hit menu button, then save. takes me back to the APN screen, but no APN shows up.
- repeated this cycle a few times following reboots, etc. Eventually the phone gets to the point where the "add APN" button will not even come up when the menu key is hit.
- during the above, was also checking the "network operators" setting. The phone does locate all of the networks that are "in the air" but no matter which one I choose it will tell me "your sim card does not allow a connection to this network" (this is not happening anymore)
- used root explorer to check /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db. There is a list of about 1500 APNs. There are multiple entries for Rogers including all of the ones I tried to enter that appeared not to save.
- used APN backup/restore and APN manager to attempt deleting existing APNs, restoring the ones that were known to work, etc. Nothing works. These programs do work, and when I check the telephony.db file I can see what they have done to the file, but they are unfortunately unable to make any APN "stick" at the APN screen, and apparently that is the only way that it will work.

more info:

- I've noticed that the list of rogers entries seems to get larger and larger as I go through this process multiple times. I may be wrong, but it seems that this telephony.db file might not actually get changed or updated when you flash a new kernel/firmware/mod/rom to the phone.
- I'm sure that the lack of a list of APNs and the "sim card does not allow connection" message are related. For whatever reason there seems to be a bug in CM7 where the telephony.db file has problems "talking" to the APN screen in settings. But it must not affect most people.
- yes, I have tried a new SIM card.
- yes, I have tried clearing cache, data, dalvik, and fixing permissions.
- Anyone else on Rogers Running CM7 on a D2G? If so, I'd love to talk to you. Maybe I could convince you to send me a working CWM backup. I imagine that if you're a conscientious rommer, you have a backup made following a fresh install of CM7.

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

Quote:

OK, so now back to this part.

You said you were using CM9 and had "issues" with GSM. Sounds like it was at least working - you were able to add APNs and get data. Is that correct?

If so, do you have a backup made of this working configuation?

OR - did you have to do something special to get data on GSM?
Last edited by seventieslord; 23rd March 2012 at 08:16 AM.
23rd March 2012, 10:31 AM   |  #1378  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 239

889 posts
Donate to Me
More
I had to use the XT860 patch developed by rick#2 in order to get anything to work. As I tried adding the APNs manualy with no success (after adding an APN it would not appear in the APN list).
I am using an XT860 device though, so this might not help you.
Sent from my XT860 on AOKP using xda premium
23rd March 2012, 11:19 AM   |  #1379  
Flag Kutina
Thanks Meter: 883

549 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I had to use the XT860 patch developed by rick#2 in order to get anything to work. As I tried adding the APNs manualy with no success (after adding an APN it would not appear in the APN list).
I am using an XT860 device though, so this might not help you.
Sent from my XT860 on AOKP using xda premium

If you have SIM card lock (PIN) then you cannot add APN manual.
Like you said, you add APN and it would not appear in the APN list.
I have same problem with stock ROM and then when i disable SIM card lock i was able to add APN and get data connection.
Same thing is with CM9 or AOKP.

Its maybe problem with phone because phones primary network is CDMA.
im using phone in Croatia on GSM network.

Disable SIM lock, reboot phone and try adding APN.
23rd March 2012, 11:21 AM   |  #1380  
Flag so. california
Thanks Meter: 19

219 posts
More
i think HDMI was fixed

2012-03-22 Ricardo Cerqueira <github@cerqueira.org> HDMI: Temporary qcom HDMI fixes Since we still don't have a user-controllable Setting to enable HDMI, enable it by default. Also, for devices with trouble matching the HDMI clocks in the receivers, add the possibility of letting the controller choose the resolution on its own with the build-time TARGET_QCOM_HDMI_RESOLUTION_AUTO flag

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread