[ADB] Trying to backup - Birck? Hope not

Search This thread

mrvlhs

Mar 22, 2012
Hi! I was trying to backup my Orange Monte Carlo following a Portuguese tutorial but I'm stuck in the middle and I've got no help! Hope you can provide some! These are the steps I followed (translated)

1 - Install ADB Made Easy;
2 - Open cmd;
3 - Activate cellphone debug mode;
4 - Connect via usb (without mass storage) and install drivers if request [it was requested and i installed];
5 - Run adb devices, it should show your device [it did];
6 - Run adb reboot bootloader, your cellphone will boot in Fastboot, wich is an Android image without menus [correct until here];
7 - Run fastboot devices, your device yor a question mark(?) should show up (advance to next step), else you miss drivers [step not completed];

cmd says 'fastboot' is not recognized as a command. Now my phone is stuck connected to the computer with an adriod pick and I have no clue on what to do next!

shanman-2

Nov 18, 2011
Cork
Don't know where you were going with this but to reboot your phone just pull the battery ..

Not bricked:)

Last edited:
Reactions: mrvlhs

mrvlhs

Mar 22, 2012
Don't know where you were going with this but to reboot your phone just pull the battery ..

Thank you! Do you have any idea why the last command doesn't work? I believe it has something to do with file location... I'm trying to backup my Monte Carlo. Next steps were to "fastboot boot recovery.img" and then backup.

shanman-2

Nov 18, 2011
Cork
It should be in the platform-tools directory of the android-sdk. Verify that it's there...if so cd to that directory and it should work

Last edited:

mrvlhs

Mar 22, 2012
I already fixed it for myself, thanks! Now I can't seem to be able to install clockwork!

Doing <<fastboot boot "C:\Users\R&J\Downloads\recovery.img">> reboots the device but doesn't enter recovery.

Doing <<fastboot flash recovery "C:\Users\R&J\Downloads\recovery.img">> , <<fastboot reboot>> and <<adb wait-for-device reboot recovery>> results the phone entering android's default recovery (no acess to backup feature).

Any way to help? Thank you!

shanman-2

Nov 18, 2011
Cork
The first command <<fastboot flash recovery "C:\Users\R&J\Downloads\recovery.img">> is trying to write the recovery.img you downloaded to a recovery partition on your device. It may not be overwriting the original recovery.
try changing permissions by doing
adb shell
su
chmod 777 /recovery

then try to flash again

mrvlhs

Mar 22, 2012
Lol it seems like I have been luck enough to solve my own problems, I have sucessfully installed ClockworkMod Recovery 4.0.1.4 unofficial MoDaCo Edition using a bat file :). Now I can't seem to find a way to flash recovery back to stock. I though this was an option inside the modded recovery. Any tips? Thanks again!

EDIT: I have the stock recovery file :). God... this tutorials I'm folowing aren't that noob friendly...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It should be in the platform-tools directory of the android-sdk. Verify that it's there...if so cd to that directory and it should work
    The first command <<fastboot flash recovery "C:\Users\R&J\Downloads\recovery.img">> is trying to write the recovery.img you downloaded to a recovery partition on your device. It may not be overwriting the original recovery.
    try changing permissions by doing
    adb shell
    su
    chmod 777 /recovery

then try to flash again