Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 42,455 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [29 Sept] ELEGANCIA™ | Sense 3.6 | 4.0 |► ◄| Sense 4.1 | 8.0.0 |EQS,APM,HUB|

Tip us?

Wally72
Old
Thanks Meter 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavell7298 View Post
Okay folks. It's the end of the workday and I'm here to tell you about Bricked's kernel. Once again, I'm running this kernel with both cores online because I wanted to test the battery life with 2 cores running. I'm using System Turner Pro to activate the 2nd core. Here are my findings:

1) The phone is fast and fluid for the speed. The maximum speed of this kernel is 1.56GHz. When zRAM is enabled, the fluidly of the ROM is improved. I'm not sure if zRAM is enabled by default. I never turned off the phone at all today.

2) This kernel is very good on battery life with 2 cores running. I used GPS a lot today. The battery wasn't draining as quickly as it was with Sebastian's kernels.

3) Here's where the disappointment comes into play. Even though I got great Wi-Fi signal strength (which I don't use much on the road), the phone kept shifting between 2G, 3G, and 4G. Mobile network signal was not constant. I could never lock on a 4G network for long. When I used GPS, it took a long time for Google Maps to lock on to a satellite and my current position. When I type in an address to get directions for, it took a long time for Google Maps to find my destination. With Sebastian's kernels, I never had this problem. I was constantly locked on 4G networks and I had an instant lock on satellites when using GPS. I would type in a destination address and within seconds, I had directions from my current position to the destination.

Just so everyone knows what I do for a living, I'm a mobile Service Technician for Xerox. Having said that, you now know how important for me to have reliable GPS when it comes to servicing customer's copier machines. I have a certain time limit in which I have to reach the customer's site. Therefore, I don't have time for GPS to try to lock on a satellite so that I can get the information I need.

At this point, I'm going to flash back to Sebastian's kernel. At the time of testing his kernel, I was running the 1.30.2 version. I see that he release a 1.30.3 version in which he overclocked the GPU a little. I'm going to give this a try and see how this goes. (unless someone here wants me to test Anthrax's kernel)

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Hi Cat. I'm here. Did you by chance test Anthrax's kernel? If so, how was it?
+1 to ur feedback! I'm using Seb's latest (flashed today) and batt life's not good...but performance?...oh boyyy, the greatest so far! Thx again!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App
Current Devices:

(TMO) HTC One "M8"

(TMO) HTC One "M7"

(TMO) LG G2

(TMO) LG G Flex

Catpoule
Old
Thanks Meter 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavell7298 View Post
Okay folks. It's the end of the workday and I'm here to tell you about Bricked's kernel. Once again, I'm running this kernel with both cores online because I wanted to test the battery life with 2 cores running. I'm using System Turner Pro to activate the 2nd core. Here are my findings:

1) The phone is fast and fluid for the speed. The maximum speed of this kernel is 1.56GHz. When zRAM is enabled, the fluidly of the ROM is improved. I'm not sure if zRAM is enabled by default. I never turned off the phone at all today.

2) This kernel is very good on battery life with 2 cores running. I used GPS a lot today. The battery wasn't draining as quickly as it was with Sebastian's kernels.

3) Here's where the disappointment comes into play. Even though I got great Wi-Fi signal strength (which I don't use much on the road), the phone kept shifting between 2G, 3G, and 4G. Mobile network signal was not constant. I could never lock on a 4G network for long. When I used GPS, it took a long time for Google Maps to lock on to a satellite and my current position. When I type in an address to get directions for, it took a long time for Google Maps to find my destination. With Sebastian's kernels, I never had this problem. I was constantly locked on 4G networks and I had an instant lock on satellites when using GPS. I would type in a destination address and within seconds, I had directions from my current position to the destination.

Just so everyone knows what I do for a living, I'm a mobile Service Technician for Xerox. Having said that, you now know how important for me to have reliable GPS when it comes to servicing customer's copier machines. I have a certain time limit in which I have to reach the customer's site. Therefore, I don't have time for GPS to try to lock on a satellite so that I can get the information I need.

At this point, I'm going to flash back to Sebastian's kernel. At the time of testing his kernel, I was running the 1.30.2 version. I see that he release a 1.30.3 version in which he overclocked the GPU a little. I'm going to give this a try and see how this goes. (unless someone here wants me to test Anthrax's kernel)

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Hi Cat. I'm here. Did you by chance test Anthrax's kernel? If so, how was it?
hi my friend !

yes i did test antraxx, last bricked and last sebastian .....

what i can finally say that bricked is the best for my phone, i like it because it is very fast ....the fastest in fact !

and i don't have the problem you had with it .... works great for me. so far no issues in last release, no overheat, no reboots, no lags, no nothing

anthraxx is not so far from bricked .... working fine.

sebastian is nice too because I can use 1.6ghz. but not as speed as bricked.

bricked is for my sensation the best kernel .

You know what, as each device is different and respond or support different thing ,what works for me may not work for you, so very difficult to say that this kernel is the best one.

let's say that all kernels are great and each user has to test by itself to see which one is the most responsive ,the best for his device.

Lavell7298
Old
(Last edited by Lavell7298; 23rd March 2012 at 02:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catpoule View Post
You know what, as each device is different and respond or support different thing ,what works for me may not work for you, so very difficult to say that this kernel is the best one.

let's say that all kernels are great and each user has to test by itself to see which one is the most responsive ,the best for his device.
I agree with you 150%!! Every phone is built and responds differently. In this case, the best kernel for you was the worst for me. Having said that, Sebastian's kernels are definitely the best for my phone!
Samsung T-mobile Galaxy S4 (Rooted)
dbombROM v3.4
UVUFNB4 Modem
KT-SGS4 JB 4.3 kernel 05.28.2014
TWRP Touch Recovery v2.6.3.1

HTC T-mobile Sensation 4G (S-Off, Super CID, Rooted)
CoreDroid Sensation ROM v6.0
Bricked Kernel v1.4 Oc'd to 1.83GHz
4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.5 RC9
Radio v11.76C.3504.00P_11.29A.3504.18_M
RIL 4.0.0017HMQ
Firmware v3.33.401.106

T-mobile MMS Fix for Sensations
Easily Update Radios & RIL Files on Sensations
Great Speed & Battery Life with 2 CPU Cores!

SeriouslyCrazy
Old
(Last edited by SeriouslyCrazy; 23rd March 2012 at 03:03 AM.)
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 23884

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Too quiet down here .... where is everybody ???

Team is busy ... last tests .maybe ?? !! ...

rom is coming and i am going nuts .... waiting is too hard ... sleepin on the thread once again ....
You are right as Steve said it is coming right around the corner....

This is a pic of the Elegancia ROM exclusive skin and there are no mods in the picture I only changed the wallpaper and that is all.

Steve and Team are ready to deliver hope you guys love it, Steve's work is flat awesome!!

Do it with Elegancia, stay thirsty my friends

cheers

SeriouslyCrazy's Playground 2......click HERE
SeriouslyCrazy's Playground......click HERE
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SeriouslyCrazy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Catpoule
Old
Thanks Meter 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslyCrazy View Post

This is a pic of the Elegancia ROM exclusive skin and there are no mods in the picture I only changed the wallpaper and that is all.

Steve and Team are ready to deliver hope you guys love it, Steve's work is flat awesome!!

cheers

thanks for all this beauty Drew ..... i'm waiting for the release .....

akapaul26
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 6361

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslyCrazy View Post

cheers

WOW, I have been testing and flashing so much stuff I never had the chance to change the background on the new skin.....didn't even know it was semi-transparent....

Elegancia Users I hope you are happy with what is in store for next release!!! There is even some things I don't think are going to make it into this release we have already working for future release!!!!!

Don't Forget to Hit the Thanks Button!

Catpoule
Old
Thanks Meter 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by akapaul26 View Post
WOW, I have been testing and flashing so much stuff I never had the chance to change the background on the new skin.....didn't even know it was semi-transparent....

Elegancia Users I hope you are happy with what is in store for next release!!! There is even some things I don't think are going to make it into this release we have already working for future release!!!!!
you've been very busy thoses last hours !!!

I think i'm going to sleep in a few minutes, cant' wait too long, i'm tired and tomorrow morning i am supposed to go to the hospital ....

SeriouslyCrazy
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 23884

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
you've been very busy thoses last hours !!!

I think i'm going to sleep in a few minutes, cant' wait too long, i'm tired and tomorrow morning i am supposed to go to the hospital ....
I will be praying for you Cat, take care and we will have a new release for you to play with

drew

SeriouslyCrazy's Playground 2......click HERE
SeriouslyCrazy's Playground......click HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to SeriouslyCrazy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Snah001
Old
Thanks Meter 1132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve0007 View Post
Guys, some amazing stuff coming on your way soon, pretty soon
Well it will be flashing weekend again!!
Will do some more comparison between the kernels now available.
Looks like we have suddenly a kernel war at hand....:)
Good for us so everybody can find the kernel that fit best to their Sensation!!
1 x ONE M8 MaximusHD 7.0.0 - 4.4.3. / S-Off
1 x ONE M7 latest ViperOne / S-Off
1 x One X: S-Off with Hox+ batt on VENOM VIPER-X 4.0.7. Sense 5

1 x ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 with dock on CROMi-X 5.3a
1 x NEXUS 7 2013
1 x Sensation Elegancia ICS Rom
1 x HD2 WM 7.8 Rom

Returned 4x due to build quality issues ASUS Transformer Infinity TF701 with dock

allex82
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If I get FM radio to work with this new release (nailbitin'), then this will be my definite ROM for my phone. Or at least until Elegancia Sense 4 gets to be just as good... Eagerly awaitin' today's release...

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA

Tags
awesome, battery friendly, best rom, elegancia, elegant, eye candy, fastest, good, phenomenal, sensation, sense 4.0, sense 4.1, steve0007, sweep2sleep, sweep2wake, t-mobile, wifi calling